I just had a fun little infinite deck run. Sundial (Every 3 times you shuffle your deck, gain 2 energy) makes it possible, because you can cycle your cards and never run out of energy. It was good because you can go for infinite attack, but you can also go for infinite block by cycling Shrug it Off and Finesse, so The Heart can touch you either-
Shrug it Off+
The Flex isnt needed, it just makes things a lot quicker!
What are peoples "perfect" cards in this game? I mean there is no such thing as a perfect card, because every card will have some kind of downside in certain decks, but there are some cards that are so great that they are an insta-take (but not necessarily an instabuy) in pretty much all decks. I only really play Ironclad now, but most of mine are Colorless-
1) Finesse (Gain 2 block, draw 1 card) : For me this is as close as it gets to a perfect card. Zero energy, doesnt take up a draw spot as you draw another card, and entirely free block.
2) Flash of Steel (Deal 3 damage, draw 1 card): Same as the above, except free attack.
3) Master of Strategy (Draw 3 cards, Exhaust): I mean I just love this card..... Gets you closer to your powers and set up cards, and then leaves your deck. Just lovely. Gets more powerful as your deck gets bigger, and you get more cards that you need to get to.
4) Thinking Ahead (Draw 2 cards, place one card on the top of your draw pile, exhaust): Now this one.... without an upgrade its merely OK. More free draw, and exhausts. But when it is upgraded, it is a brilliant card, as it allows you to cycle through your deck quickly and also set up for the next turn.
5) Dark Shackles (Enemy loses 9 strength for the rest of the turn, exhaust): At worst this hacks away at an artifact for free. Or it is 9 block for free. But if an enemy is attacking multiple times it can completely nullify their attack for one turn. Brilliant for The Heart.
6) Offering (Lose six health, draw 3 cards, get 2 energy): This is such a great card, partly because Ironclads starting relic can offset the health loss. Other than that it is both free draw, and free energy.
Feed (Deal 10 damage, if Fatal, raise your max HP by 3, Exhaust) came really close to making the cut, but I decided against it in the end. I will almost always take this in Act 1, as you have plenty of time to raise your health enough to justify it taking up valuable draw. I normally wont take it in Act 3, because it normally wont have enough time to raise your health enough to justify it. It does have other downsides - For example it is not particularly good against any Elite with Minions, as killing these with Feed does not raise your health.
The only debate around those six cards for me is that whilst they are almost always insta-picks, they are not always insta-buys. It will depend how much they cost in the shop. most cases I would buy Finesse, Flash of Steel and Dark Shackles as they are usually cheap enough. The other cards are typically more expensive. Thinking Ahead is a tricky one, because you are exchanging gold (so probably giving up a remove, for example), and giving up the chance to upgrade another card, as it pretty much has to be upgraded to get the most value out of it.