rllmuk

Larry Sanders Show

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as this thread as been dug up... let's have some quotes.

Hank: If they ever ask you to put on a pair of green tights, eh, no matter how much they offer you, you just eh, walk away. Walk away.

Larry: If you were a guy I'd take you outside, right now.

Melanie: If you were a guy I'd go.

Hank: This garden weasel does the work of ten men... and a boy.

• 5 months later...

Is there any likelihood of that box set coming out here? I thought it was way back when I read Dazza's post, then I kinda forgot about it until I used the expression "Hey now!" today and took a mental note to go looking on Amazon later. The UK site has the first two seasons individually with a 2010 release date so there's obviously some interest in putting them out here but I'd much rather get the full box if that's on the way.

• 3 months later...

Hey now! The complete Larry Sanders boxset is now available in the UK! £69.99 on Amazon. The bad news is that it appears to be a vanilla release, with none of the extra features of the US release. :(

I was reading about this in Empire. Apparently, all the extras of the US release were set to be in the UK release, but they got pulled at the last minute. Crazy.

• 1 year later...

I adore it. Is it actually on Netflix though? I started a Loveflim subscription for this,

It's impossibly funny at times, although much more like Larry David than I recall for many episodes, which is probably a plus for many, it's not as consistent as the office but i suppose there is a lot more of it.

Hanks Sex Tapes is me of the funniest things Ive ever seen.

• Upvote 1

You laughed when I chipped my tooth!

You chipped it on a urinal.

Heyyyyyy now.

I'm watching this for the first time at the moment on Netflix, currently about halfway through season 2 - it took a while to 'click' but now I love it. The show is like 30 Rock meets The Office UK meets Seinfeld so if you like any of them and (like me) have never heard of this give it a go. The writing was really ahead of its time, I can't imagine how it was received by the media when it first aired.

30 Rock does not belong in the pantheon of the greats.

• Upvote 2

Wasn't Larry Sanders one of those shows that had a cult audience over here due to scheduling ? From what I remember it was treated pretty fucking awfully and shown very late. Still one of my favourite comedy shows ever.

Yeah. Bbc2 showed it after Seinfeld on a Tuesday night, I believe. It used to come on after 11 and it never seemed to be on at the same time week after week. This was before downloading and series link so following the show took a bit of effort.

30 Rock does not belong in the pantheon of the greats.

It most certainly does!

I am nuts about Larry Sanders show, there are too many great characters for one programme. Even occasional ones like Hank's manager Sid are sublime.