IGNORED

Larry Sanders Show

cloutbasher

Sanders isn't obscure, it's just relatively old, Compunded by them taking a quite extraordinary amount of time to release the full set on DVD. Until I think last year, all you could get was a six episode compilation in the UK, or series one in the US.

I got both, for the record

Seinfeld used to be pretty obscure over here too. All consigned to the late night BBC2 slot that would always get fucked over every time any sport or news happened.

It was like torrenting before torrents, and you needed a stack of blank tapes, a programmable VCR with lots of memory slots, and a good TV guide not to miss out.

Seinfeld / Larry / Murder One 4 Life!

• 3 weeks later...

Sanders isn't obscure, it's just relatively old, Compunded by them taking a quite extraordinary amount of time to release the full set on DVD. Until I think last year, all you could get was a six episode compilation in the UK, or series one in the US.

I got both, for the record

and this..which i have and is worth getting (my mam got it from the US)

lots of extras

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Best-Larry-Sanders-Show/dp/B000MTFDB0

41jTEsGqUoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jeremy Pivin was on Radio 2 this morning on Graham thingummy's show, and I texted in a question about what it was like to work with Gary Shandling on this off the top of my head, and it was the first question they read out!

He said he runs into him at the boxing gym these days. Wadda guy!

• 1 year later...

These are all on Crackle and I'm addicted to it. I've seen a few before, but it's so easy to watch on my iPad or iPhone or whatever to fill the time.

It's just perfect. So ahead of its time, still funny and relevant today, and clearly a big influence on 30 Rock and many other shows that have followed. Rip Torn is an absolute legend too.

How do the later series stack up? Does it get better or worse?

These are all on Crackle and I'm addicted to it. I've seen a few before, but it's so easy to watch on my iPad or iPhone or whatever to fill the time.

It's just perfect. So ahead of its time, still funny and relevant today, and clearly a big influence on 30 Rock and many other shows that have followed. Rip Torn is an absolute legend too.

How do the later series stack up? Does it get better or worse?

Fear not, it remains utterly brilliant until the end. Surprised they kept the quality all the way until the end tbh. One of my favourite comedy shows ever.

One of my favourite moments in an episode is where Jeremy Pivens character is fuckin the new intern in a car in the studio parking lot. The whole episode is about him not being on form as the head writer due to this girl and how its leading to bad monologues etc. Anyway during the episode Hank and Larry notice his bobbin up and down arse from a window and point it out to Artie who then proceeds to shout out the window 'I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOURSELF YOU LITTLE SHIT...CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA GET FIRED!!!' :lol:

Such a great show filled with so many funny moments.

this is such a special program and always gets overlooked when people discussing the greatest shows ever - its easily top 3 for me - its just so perfect, the characters so deeply flawed and perfectly formed.

I must have seen every episode 4 or 5 times, just seeing this thread makes me want to watch them again, I suspect its looking a bit dated in places with how young people look but the humour os probably timeless.

so many great characters in this but they are tied to great performances too, Hank & Arty are played and written to perfection - got to go and fine my stash of avi's (still waiting for a proper box set with extras to be released here, still don't think it has)