A Prize For The Rllmuk Poker Champion

So, I think it would be nice to get a small prize for davweb or Thush, as Rllmuk Poker Champion. I don't think it should be a big prize: after all they've already took our money over the course of a season. I'm prepared to sponsor the prize to the value of "a bit more than a tenner". If we see something good that's more expensive I'll get a few of you to chip in. Otherwise, it's easiest if I just pay for it.

But what? Traditionally, chunky jewellery with maximum bling, the tackier the better, is the prize, but my budget doesn't stretch to that even if I was to shop at the Elizabeth Duke counter at Argos. So what could I get?

Cufflinks? They are cheap jewellery.

Ace of Spades £9.95 + £2.50

gmc35.jpg

King of Spades £9.95 + £2.50

gmc88.jpg

Card Sharp's Cufflinks £19.45 + delivery

cardswhe.jpg

Pack of cards cufflinks £10 + P&P

CK20_l.jpg

Do any of those look OK? Or are they a bit cheap looking?

I could get cards or a poker book or something. Poet found some KEM cards the other day. But they probably have cards already.

Opinions? Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

you could get a trophy/sheild and have it engraved with

"RLLMUK POKER CHAMPION"

and then the winner every month/year would get their name engraved on it and then they could pass it on the next time a tournament came round.

it'd cost a fair bit more than a tenner i'd presume (especially if you get a nice one) but it's a one-off thing (+the engraving for each name)

Yeah but then you'd only get it for a year. A new one each year would be better. But for a Rllmuk game there wouldn't be much point. For a load of tough games on FTR though I can see why they give the winner something so fancy.

Yeah but then you'd only get it for a year. A new one each year would be better. But for a Rllmuk game there wouldn't be much point. For a load of tough games on FTR though I can see why they give the winner something so fancy.

well, they'd still have their name engraved on it. and they could get a nice pack of cards/chips/a big bar of chocolate or something that they can keep.