IGNORED

The All-new Rllmuk Online Poker Classic!

Jesse May

Welcome to the All-new Rllmuk Online Poker Classic.

Introduction

We have a game of online poker every week. We decide on the day the week before, and we play at 9pm. It costs $5.50 a game (about £3). Everybody is welcome, novices included.

You might only be able to play the occassional game, and that's just fine (and you can win cash prizes if you finish in the top three), but to make it a bit more interesting for regular players we also run a league. Formula 1 scoring, best 7 results out of 10 games, a small prize for the winner at the end.

The new season starts next week, so now is a perfect opportunity to join.

"Jesse May" is an alias so we can share the admin work from week to week. If you have any problems, please contact Graham_S.

How to play

We're looking for as many people as possible to join in our Rllmuk poker games. Go to Ultimate Bet, download the software and sign up for an account. You'll need to deposit $25 (although we recommend depositing $27.50, enough for five games as each game costs $5.50, of which $5 goes into the prize fund). Tell me your UB account name, and I'll sign you up for the next tournament. Let me know if you have any problems, and I'll try and help out. We're playing No Limit Texas Hold 'Em.

Players should be logged in 10-15 mins before and the system will call you to your table.

Once you've registered with Ultimate Bet and deposited some money, let me know if you want to play and I'll get you an invite to the tournament. $5.50 will be taken from your account as soon as you are added, of which $5 goes into the prize fund.

Once registered for a tournament, if your plans change, you can unregister and obtain a refund by following these instructions. Just find the tourney. Click details. Then there should be an option to "unregister". A few seconds later you should get a confirmation email from them saying your entry fee has been refunded.

Any problems, just let me know.

Anyone who hasn't played before: the tables get created about 8:45pm. Log into the system 5 or 10 minutes before 9pm. It will take you to your randomly allocated seat at a table some time before 9pm. There will usually be two tables, and players may be moved between tables to keep the numbers even as players drop out. Once it's down to the last 10, everyone left gets moved to the prestigious final table. The Top 3 places get the prize money, allocated in a 50%:30%:20% split You should be able to chat as an observer on a table you're not on: just choose the tournament lobby, and launch the other table, and chat as normal. You might want to investigate the options menu: turning on "Full Dealer Chat" and some of the other options can be useful.

If you're late, your blinds will be posted until you arrive and your stack of chips will slowly dwindle. Last week, players weren't eliminated if they didn't turn up in time. This should still be the case tonight, as sometimes people have unavoidable delays and it's nice if they can join us later on. If it happens a lot, I'll investigate getting people who are more than 10 minutes late eliminated from that night's tournament, as people on their table are effectively being awarded free money from the latecomers stacks, and it's not entirely fair on people seated at the other table.

Observer chat should be enabled on all tables, so if you want to chat on one of the tables you're not playing at, including the final table, use the following instructions.

In the user interface, use the menu options and

Go To -> Games -> Real Money -> Scheduled Tournaments -> All

You can sort the list of tournamnets by clicking on the column headings. Look for our tournament.

The tournament will be on the UB system, tournament ID xxxxx, "The Rllmuk Poker Classic".

Double Click on the tournament name, to launch the tournament lobby. Click the button in the bottom right to toggle it from "Tournament Details" to "Tournament Tables". Choose the table you want, and double click to launch. You can now spectate and chat.

Players

Playing Wed 7 Dec at 9pm (Rllmuk name : Ultimate Bet Account Name) - 13 people so far

Billy Brown : Bill E Brown

Burning_Kittens : Burning_K

SuperNashwan: SuperNashwan

SpongeManTim : SpongeThe3rd

Graham_S : Graham_S

lucanvortex: Lucanvortex

Jonamok : jonamok

popseen : popseen

Fondue : Fondue3

michael : idlemichael

baldiboy8 : baldiboy8

simonav : SimonAv

stiff_swede : Stiff_Swede

Signed Up for UB with money in their account (Rllmuk name : Ultimate Bet Account Name) - 41 people

Graham_S : Graham_S

Commander Jameson : Thush

Billy Brown : Bill E Brown

Razzle: rllmukRazzle

Sideshow : Sideshow Mark

davweb : davweb

ThreeBs : ThreeBs

Fondue : Fondue3

SuperNashwan: SuperNashwan

Untogether : Untogether

choddo : choddo

lucanvortex: Lucanvortex

U-1 : U-1

MickyG : MackemMick

Disciple : Disciple_16

Fatman : Fatman143

Nimmel : Nimmel

Jonamok : jonamok

shogun2k: GavinBR

kerraig UK: Kerraig

packetloss: packetloss

SixT-4 : SixT-4

Burning_Kittens : Burning_K

ahyums2 : ahyums2

Dukesy : Dukesy

kokyu : kokyu

Stifler : Stiflertime

Soong : TheSoong

Ross : gustocmf

Pants : Pants McSkill

Poet : Poet MP

Syntax : Hean Dog

porko : kingporko

shawyboy : Shawyboy

simonav : SimonAv

Cheeko : CheekoRobbins

edandersen : EddieA

michael : idlemichael

SpongeManTim : SpongeThe3rd

Phatboy : TwistedChris

PeteBrant : PeteBrant

popseen : popseen

baldiboy8 : baldiboy8

stiff_swede : Stiff_Swede

People who recently expressed an interest (need a UB account with money in) - 2 people

johnjwaters : JohnJW

biglime

People who've been on the mailing list for ages so I'm going to stop bothering them - 20 people

David Heath : David Heath

Nada Surf : sladie

MankeyMan

lilliputty

Cheeko

Pootle UK

Capp

caveman

Chris

Stroker Ace

K

Harlen Quinn

cubeadvance

Phatboy

Scouser_In_Exile

Ragle Gumm

ventress

spanx

Kagemusha.

horribleman

No longer interested

essell

Chris303

pompey88

duffyma

tyagi : tyagi

therearerules: therearerules

Mr Spew : Mr Spew

Bastion Booger

I think I'm free every night next week.

I'm also going to repost this as it was originally towards the end of the locked Season 1 thread:

So, how do people feel about the sub forum/separate forum situation? It would be great to have something in place in time for Season 2, but time is running out for something to be sorted here. I'm about to post again in A&F, but it's not looking great. Do people feel that we'd benefit from an 'outside' forum that we could link to from here, or do you think that would be likely to lessen the chance of new players joining up?

If the majority feel that a new forum for us to talk all things poker would be beneficial, I'd be happy to knock something together at the end of the week as my work load will drop off significantly from tomorrow for a few days. Let me know what you think.

I think I'm free every night next week.

I'm also going to repost this as it was originally towards the end of the locked Season 1 thread:

Seriously, we should all just bombard that thread constantluy between now and then. Surely they will eventually listen? If we can ever get Rob online and JP out of the Nintendo controller thread.

Does my head in.

Yep, it is a bit frustrating. Although John has stated in the A&F thread that he can't make new folders, etc. While it does seem strange that an admin can't do such things, I'm sure there's a reason for it. Maybe he just means all these kinds of things need to be run past Rob first.

I felt that bombarding the thread with any real force would factor against our chances, so I was pleased that everyone was civil in there, leaving reasoned posts backing up our proposal. That said, not a lot seems to be happening, so I thought I'd post that little update today. It's a real shame if we can't have it here, but then I guess there's only so long we can wait for a simple yes or no. It really would be great to have something sorted in time for Season 2.

Rob stated he would have to get some sort of procedure in place for requesting and setting up new folders etc. But he hasnt done anything about it.

Why he would make JP admin and not allow him autonomy to do stuff like that seems weird.

But yeah, keep the thread in A&F civil, but just keep a steady flow of posts going into to keep it to the top and so they know how interested people are.

If they decide against a poker / "non-video" games folder, (or if Rob just doesn't bother getting back to us about it), I think we probably should just soldier on as we are.

I think the advantages of keeping our poker talk on here:

easier to attract new people to these online games: with 33 people signed up that aspect is clearly working well

we all regularly check rllmuk anyway

outweigh the disadvantages:

things not all being in one place

us being reluctant to start new, clearly named topics rather than using the existing poker threads for fear they'll get lost in general forum chatter.

Poker topics can be slow moving, so people might miss something that they'd see a few days later if we had a folder.

But I'm happy to go along with the feeling of the majority, if we want a new forum, at least for a trial period.

If they decide against a poker / "non-video" games folder, (or if Rob just doesn't bother getting back to us about it), I think we probably should just soldier on as we are.

I agree, it seems bonkers that we can't have our own folder but I feel that splitting us off from the rllmuk community in any form will lead to less people joining up (or even knowing that games were being organised) which would be a great shame and would perhaps in the long run kill off the rllmuk games altogether.

Anyday next week is fine for me.

Yep, fair points of course. I just wanted to gauge interest really. It would be great to be able to create numerous threads without the fear of annoying non-poker players or indeed having topics drop off the page and never seen again. We certainly don't want to discourage new players though, as you say. The natural solution really is the sub folder. I don't see why it hasn't happened.

Well, you know I disagree about this. Anyone even vaguely interested in poker will have a look at that forum, but could easily breeze past any pinned threads in online or even not bother looking in the meets folder.

If enough people say they would visit an 'outside' forum, then I think it would be worth trialling. I take the points about it possibly affecting the amount of new online/real life players, but my feeling was that we would still post about them here – either by having the main thread here and linking to it via a post at the poker forum, or vice versa. I think the main thing is keeping things easily accessible to newcomers while allowing those of us actively interested to post as much as we like about more in-depth issues. The best solution is clearly the sub folder, but let's face it – it's not going to happen any time soon, for whatever reason. A separate, but well linked, forum could well be a decent solution.

Sorry - by "forum" I meant "sub-folder". A different forum is a massive pain in the arse while not having a sub-folder is far from ideal.

Anyway, keeping it on topic, now that I've got about an extra $150 from playing poker in the last few days I might add myself back in. Woo! I'll see if I can double that up in the next few days so giving my money to you guys won't hurt so much.

(gustocmf on UB)

That was a good first game with you guys last night - 9th place, 1 championship point :D

I made the mistake of starting another $5.00 game while waiting for us to start. Thought I was being smart playing two tables at once, then my head started hurting.

Definately be up for it again next week but could only really make Monday or Tuesday.

I think the advantages of keeping our poker talk on here:

easier to attract new people to these online games: with 33 people signed up that aspect is clearly working well

we all regularly check rllmuk anyway

I totally agree, but instead of keeping everything nice and neat in the two threads as we have been doing, I think we should start a new Poker Classic thread each week for who can and cannot play and have a new results thread each week too, both in Online.

I figure that the "powers that be" are not looking at the view or reply statistics which both indicate to me that a poker folder is the way to go, but are looking at the poker topic counts.

This way the majority of posts on the first page in Online will be poker so the non poker players will lobby to have a seperate sub forum for poker too just to get rid of us. If we do want change I do not think there is any other choice.

I totally agree, but instead of keeping everything nice and neat in the two threads as we have been doing, I think we should start a new Poker Classic thread each week for who can and cannot play and have a new results thread each week too, both in Online.

I figure that the "powers that be" are not looking at the view or reply statistics which both indicate to me that a poker folder is the way to go, but are looking at the poker topic counts.

This way the majority of posts on the first page in Online will be poker so the non poker players will lobby to have a seperate sub forum for poker too just to get rid of us. If we do want change I do not think there is any other choice.

To be honest, I think the problem is that rllmuk Rob just isn't around very much, does little or no admin, and doesn't care about our request. I don't think making more threads will do much to change that.

Ok, I have had a little brainwave. We could use the Halo 2 tournament folder!

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showforum=48

There hasnt been a post in over a month! Im not even sure there will be another tourney, prob not. I still think that folder should remain, probably renamed as a general online tournament folder.

So as such, poker should be welcome there :wub:

Obviously we still want a seperate folder, but this could do as a stop gap for a week (YEAR?!) until Rob gets us sorted. We can just get all the threads moved when that occurs.

Thoughts?