IGNORED

The All-new Rllmuk Online Poker Classic!

Jesse May

Week 4 Results

1. ThreeBs 10 pts ($47.50)

2. Graham_S 8 pts ($28.50)

3. Pants McSkill 6 pts($19)

4. gustocmf 5 pts

5. Bill E Brown 4 pts

6. Lucanvortex 3 pts

7. SimonAv 2 pts

8. Burning_K 1 pt

9. U-1

10. SuperNashwan

11. Sideshow Mark

12. Fondue3

13. Thush

14. CheekoRobbins

15. jonamok

16. Untogether

17. TheSoong

DNP EddieA

DNP Nimmel

Current League Table (Week 4 of 10, Best 7 Results)

1. ThreeBs 30

2. Graham_S 19

3. Bill E Brown 18

4. gustocmf 13

5. U-1 12

6= jonamok 10

6= Pants McSkill 10

6= SuperNashwan 10

9. Lucanvortex 9

10. Burning_K 7

11. Stiflertime 5

12. Nimmel 4

13. ahyums2 3

14= Shawyboy 2

14= simonav 2

16= choddo 1

16= Sideshow Mark 1

Congratulations to ThreeBs, streaking away at the top. Can anyone stop him? And Congratulations to Pants, with a gutsy performance for his first in-the-money finish.

Had my full house busted by 3B's 4 10's.

The poker gods were on my side tonight.

This hand was the perfect example.

Pocket 10s, so I raise 4xBB, LV calls

Flop 8 10 K

Trip 10s, I bet 2700 hoping LV will call to go all-in

He does and shows AK

Good I've beat him.

Turn comes up K

Nooooooooooooooo, I've lost to trip Ks

River - 10

There's nothing you can say

EDIT: In all the excitement I missed that I'd got him beat on the turn with the full house - my initial reaction was S H I T T T T T T T

Who's turn is it to organise it next week? Thush? Billy? Get on it!

Vetoes for days, gentlemen, please!

Believe it is Billy's turn this week.

I'm going to do a Radcliffe and give it a miss for a while. Not had much (any!) luck over the last month or so and all my winnings from the last league are being drained like nobody's business, despite actually playing well.

I'll probably pop in and watch regardless.

CJ

I'm going to do a Radcliffe and give it a miss for a while. Not had much (any!) luck over the last month or so and all my winnings from the last league are being drained like nobody's business, despite actually playing well.

CJ

Sorry to hear that, Thush. You've certainly hit a run of bad luck lately. Best to take a break when you're in a bad frame of mind, I suppose. Certainly shows how much luck plays a role in the game. I didn't get a sniff for most of last season, and then last night I got the cards in almost all the right places without doing anything clever. Once you're feeling lucky again, give us a shout. It won't be the same while you're not playing, so I hope you get back in the ring soon, champ.

I know that desire Thush.

And as for you, surely it's time for you to get back on the horse that bit you, Poet? You'll never get to the WSOP without some NL tournament experience at this crucial stage in your poker development. A $5 buy-in is small change for someone playing at $1/$2 tables, surely?

Sorry for my no show last night, my network card in my laptop has gone to heaven. I tried reseating it etc but to no avail. I might be in for next week assuming this gets fixed in time. :lol:

No worries, Nimmel. The poker game seems to have a hex on people's PCs lately.

CJ

That's a real shame – sorry to hear you're not enjoying yourself at the moment. It'll be strange not having the defending champ at the tables, but hopefully you'll be pining for the action again soon. I know the frustration: I finished ITM in the first ever rllmuk online game but then couldn't even make the final table for the following six games. Still, I'm glad I stuck at it.

Anyway, yes, it's my turn to organise this week, so I'm off to a darkened room to summon the divine spirit of Jesse.

EDIT: Oh, and I promise not to abuse that power and ensure next week's game is on a day that current leader ThreeBs can't make. That would be wrong. So very wrong.

Enjoyed my first game in ages last night. Thanks all.

Got a bit carried away at one stage when between my hand and the flop I had 4 of ther 5 cards needed for a royal flush. No surprise to see I didn't complete it on the river and so lost most of my chips to the Underscore. Didn't help that when I went all in a little bit later, I had the likely winning hand until the river card. Damn those queens!

Shame to hear you aren't so enamoured at the mo Thush, but don't get disheartened - even the best players will have runs of bad luck at times.

Take a break. Find your mojo & return to nab our chips!

Im still kicking myself about the potential ITM hand I folded. 3 of us with a pair of Q's yet I had A high. I was 100% positive one of the others had a straight though :lol:

Never recovered after that, and just played like a retard for the rest of the night.

Sorry to hear about your bad run Thush.. hope you come back soon.

And as for you, surely it's time for you to get back on the horse that bit you, Poet? You'll never get to the WSOP without some NL tournament experience at this crucial stage in your poker development. A $5 buy-in is small change for someone playing at $1/$2 tables, surely?

If I wasn't getting murdered at those tables! Have you seen my thread?! My luck could only be running worse if my PC decided to electrocute me every time I hit 72 (apparently about 10% of the time then, or at least that's the way it feels).

But yes, you're right. Short of cash now, but at the end of the month I'll have some more so will sort something out from the new month.

So OBVIOUSLY I very much enjoyed last night. I was really proud of my play at times and grateful of some cracking good luck at the others.

Looked like I was going out in 7th, with 440 chips, Blinds at 300-150 and me on the BB. Only for everyone to fold and then I hit AA on the SB and claw back enough chips to hang in for another few rounds.

Eventually going out to ThreeBs, I could blame bad play by me, but that would take away from his bluff, which was easily the single greatest bluff I've every seen, online or real-life. I couldn't believe he had 4 Jacks! Much Kudos for that sir.

Still very proud to end up $19 better off.

I can't do Thursday or Friday next week.

I'm going to ........ give it a miss for a while.

Sorry to hear that, it definitely won't be the same without you at the table.

I think I've stolen all your luck at the moment......I couldn't really do anything wrong with the cards I got dealt last night.

I'd like to think you'll be getting back on the horse again soon.

I promise not to abuse that power and ensure next week's game is on a day that current leader ThreeBs can't make. That would be wrong. So very wrong.

Quit it Bailey

Im still kicking myself about the potential ITM hand I folded. 3 of us with a pair of Q's yet I had A high. I was 100% positive one of the others had a straight though

That was the hardest call I made all night.

I was holding KQ; Fondue on the SB, me on the BB.

Mark, Graham, and U-1 call; Fondue goes all-in with 580 pre-flop.

Me, Mark, and U-1 call

Flop: Js 6s 5h

Check, check, check

Turn: 4d

Check, check, check

River: Qs

I make minimum bet, Mark calls, U-1 doubles it, I call, Mark goes all-in, and U-1 folds

I'm holding top pair with a K kicker, but there is a flush and a straight out there for Mark.

I need to put in 27% of the pot to call.

With all the winning hands out there (flush, staright, AQ, 2 pair, trips), it was the wrong call, but U-1 had folded, leaving me in a heads up, and somthing told me I'd got him beat.

Turns out I was right - he's got Qd 9d, and to top it, I knock Fondue out at the same time as he's got a pair of Jacks.

Wrong call from me, but it shows the luck I had all night.

Eventually going out to ThreeBs, I could blame bad play by me, but that would take away from his bluff, which was easily the single greatest bluff I've every seen, online or real-life. I couldn't believe he had 4 Jacks! Much Kudos for that sir.

Thank you

Now THAT was a play I am proud of :)

I make minimum bet, Mark calls, U-1 doubles it, I call, Mark goes all-in, and U-1 folds

It was a great play, after U1 doubled I thought about going all in, I didn't have that many chips left at that stage anyway and I had very little luck during the game. I was hoping for a sudden upturn in my fortunes.

I wasn't holding a strong hand so I decided against going all in, then I thought it might scare you guys off leaving me with only Fondue to beat, so I thought I'd go for it. Then I thought its not a huge amount of chips for you so you would probably go with me, so I decided against all in.

Then for some reason I clicked all-in...