Ea Never Cease To Amaze

ryanski

Why did microsoft even bother with EA? It's been 1 balls up after another where EA's online modes are concerned. The lack of quality control from microsoft for these tossers has just wasted me another £40.

For anybody who ever got upset by an EA game's online modes in the past, I can only say stay away from Tiger Woods 2006. It is by far the biggest shambles to date on xbox live, + by christ there's been a few from EA on there.

You would need to be a rocket scientist to decipher all the menus for a start, + when you eventually do work a few of them out they simply don't work.

For starters, - you can see people on your friends list but not what they are playing. You can challenge 1 person to a game, 1, 1 only, they may or may not get your challenge, they may or may not be ABLE to respond to it. You can if you have the patience set up a 4 player game, but you will have no voice, just typing chat. If you want your friends with you at this point you must set up a password, then send them not an invite, but a typed message, to say the password + tell em what lobby you are in. They may or may not be able to join or even find you at all. Then you can start the game + get disconnected as happened to me twice in an hour.

I could easily go on with a lot more of the faults of this game but I'm far too angry.

Biggest shower of cunts ever, + as much as I hate the thought of it microsoft will let them get away with it on xbox 360 as well.

Why did microsoft even bother with EA? It's been 1 balls up after another where EA's online modes are concerned. The lack of quality control from microsoft for these tossers has just wasted me another £40.

For anybody who ever got upset by an EA game's online modes in the past, I can only say stay away from Tiger Woods 2006. It is by far the biggest shambles to date on xbox live, + by christ there's been a few from EA on there.

You would need to be a rocket scientist to decipher all the menus for a start, + when you eventually do work a few of them out they simply don't work.

For starters, - you can see people on your friends list but not what they are playing. You can challenge 1 person to a game, 1, 1 only, they may or may not get your challenge, they may or may not be ABLE to respond to it. You can if you have the patience set up a 4 player game, but you will have no voice, just typing chat. If you want your friends with you at this point you must set up a password, then send them not an invite, but a typed message, to say the password + tell em what lobby you are in. They may or may not be able to join or even find you at all. Then you can start the game + get disconnected as happened to me twice in an hour.

I could easily go on with a lot more of the faults of this game but I'm far too angry.

Biggest shower of cunts ever, + as much as I hate the thought of it microsoft will let them get away with it on xbox 360 as well.

You're quite right. They need you in QA. Stat.

As bad as the original Burnout 3 bollocks then?

Fuck me, they're not getting a peny from me then. Sad thing is MS can do fuck all cos they really need EA on board.

Seriously, write a letter to Edge magazine. This kind of thing should be aired in public, in a well regarded videogame magazine. In fact the more people the better. this simply shoudn't be happening. It's piss poor.

At least (not at least, but anyway) they are consistent.

What about your favourite other large developer that milks their licences?

Nintendo? Amazing.

Konami? Hmmm.

Capcom? Couple decent games.

OMFG there Japnes!!! Nothing bettar!!!

Jesus wept.

I stand by my statement. In the short 10 day rental time I had with FIFA '05 I hardly experienced any slowdown or lag online, it was pretty much flawless. AND it actually kept a record of who you played and what the scores were (did it keep goal replays as well?).

The only reason I 'rented' it was because PES4 wasn't due out for another few weeks. To be fair, Konami's online implimentation of the game was severely lacking compared to EA's efforts.

It is most certainly worse than burnout 3.

In the gameplay - the shot distances are totally random, no logic to it at all. The graphics are crap, cardboard box type cabbage fields summed it up. You do not even have the ability to view your friends list once you actually manage to get a game started online.

BTW - I have been told that FIFA 2006 online is even laggier than pes4. Now considering FIFA 2005 had no lag at all, you have to wonder if they should consider changing the work experience teenagers who work on the online side of these things.

What I see at the end of the day though, is that the online side of things on xbox, are simple ports of those from the ps2 online versions. Ok, less people online with ps2 have headsets, but it is inexcusable to just port that online mode to xbox where all have headsets + there is no need to type. I can safely say this because I have sampled quite a few ps2 games online + that is how they work. Is it any wonder ps2 online has been such a failure. :wacko:

I can concur with Ryanski's comments as I have been trying to play Tiger Woods online with him tonight.

Attempt 1 made all my menus fuck up and I had to reset my Xbox.

Attempt 2 worked and as there where only 2 of us the voice comms worked.

Attempt 3 caused my Xbox to crash.

Attempt 4 worked and once again voice comms worked.

Voice comms not working for more than 2 people is bizarre but worse than this the offline single player game is fucked up as well. The whole distance meter and club selection is broken and in comparison to previous Tiger Woods and Links 2004 this game is rubbish.

After Ubisoft and their games that don't like to load we now have EA who have managed to royally cock up their own franchise. I have heard that FIFA was far laggier this year on Xbox Live as well. At least Burnout Revenge worked.

Motherfuckers aren't bringing Ridge out 'till February.

CUNTS.

Still, Revenge is aces, even if it isn't a 'proper' EA game.

AND we wouldn't be getting Katamari 2 over here if it wasn't for them etc.

I do think they're cunts, but sometimes...

Is Most Wanted really THAT bad looking? :wacko:

Motherfuckers aren't bringing Ridge out 'till February.

CUNTS.

Still, Revenge is aces, even if it isn't a 'proper' EA game.

AND we wouldn't be getting Katamari 2 over here if it wasn't for them etc.

I do think they're cunts, but sometimes...

Is Most Wanted really THAT bad looking? :)

Ridge in February? Ghost Recon in February? Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2 out for PC this month. The 360 launch is looking worse and worse by the day. I am going to end up with PGR3 and that's it at this rate. I suppose there's a nice new Tiger Woods game to play on the 360. :wacko:

Ridge in February? Ghost Recon in February? Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2 out for PC this month. The 360 launch is looking worse and worse by the day. I am going to end up with PGR3 and that's it at this rate. I suppose there's a nice new Tiger Woods game to play on the 360.  :wacko:

Fuck me, GR is feb now too? Jesus FACE.

Worst.Launch.Ever.

(Except for Oblivion and DOA, like.)

Is it any wonder ps2 online has been such a failure.  :wacko:

You do realise that more people play online games on the ps2 than on the xbox, yeah? Even though you have to buy extra hardware.

It's surprising that EA bother with online play at all, I doubt very much that it racks up many extra sales for their already wildly successful sports games. Especially when they keep making such a half-arsed job of it.