IGNORED

Xbox 360

rubberducker

Most people reading other forums look like they will be turning up to tesco's and asda at about 11pm, especially because no sort of preorder/queing system will be involved. I personally cant see tescos or asda being very busy and i hope im right!

There is no way they will just let 30 people hover round the desk, with no system in place. I expect a ticket system, but will be queuing at the front of the couter from 6pm.

There is no way they will just let 30 people hover round the desk, with no system in place. I expect a ticket system, but will be queuing at the front of the couter from 6pm.

I would have thought the same before thinking, theres no way GAME/PLAY/AMAZON/GAMESTATION/ETC would still be telling customers two days before launch they dont know if they will recieve a machine, but thank you for your 20 pound deposit as we string you along.

Of course, we dont even know where the queue will be, the customer services desk? A certain till? The gaming isle? I dont think my store even has an electrical help desk but its a bloody huge tesco's extra.

I'm personally gona go have a look around 6ish, find out more details then go back at 8 and then at 10, depending on the situation of course.

Cheers mate was expecting to get some shit from you lads. I feel a bit guilty but if people are willing to pay silly money who am i to stop them.

If im honest, there are much better and quicker ways to make 100 pounds. Especially when some people really would like to buy a 360 but were screwed over by any number of retaliers.

Well, I've had 'confirmation' from GAME (Wimbledon)! Hurrah. :(

Not that I've received a phone call but popped in after work today. The guy there said if I'd paid the £20 I would definitely be getting one as they've already taken delivery and have all of the pre-orders covered.

I then proceeded to ask about the bundle offers, which they knew nothing about. Instead he asked me to list what I wanted, which I did. He printed something out and was saying 'right, all done'...at this stage I pointed out how this would work as he'd taken none of my details. He just looked bemused...so I'll head back AGAIN tomorrow when hopefully the rather helpful manager and not the muppet will be serving and I'll give it another go.

They are opening at 7:00am, and if I trusted them I wouldn't get up so damn early...but I'd hate to miss out just for being a lazy bas^ard (I can imagine the scenario now...sorry sir, our mistake, we've given yours away). So bright and breezy start for me, and thankfully Friday, Monday and Tuesday off work.

Good luck everyone.

Such as??? I can't think of any quicker way to make £100+

Get a job? Male Gigolo? Lottery tickets? just think its a bit, well dont wana use the word but im sure you know what word im gona use. Cos some of us really would like to have a 360 for launch day and be able to play on it and have fun, but because of people on ebay a number of us cant.

It's like the people who buy all the gig tickets and then put them on ebay, when true fans would really have liked to have gone to the gig but couldnt because all the profitters who dont care about the band wanted to make money out of it.

There's no positive spin to put on it.

Going to pick up ANOTHER one just to make profit is a scummy act.

If I wasn't being scum I wouldn't be able to afford one myself. I can't justify spending this kind of money having a 11 month old daughter.

So if that make me scum well so be it I don't really care.

People should of pre ordered earlier from a decent place like comet or argos.

I have actually sold my Comet xbox to my mate for cost price so I am not all bad :(

If, like me, you are deeply concerned about your Play.com order and feel hot, salty tears welling up in your eyes - console youself with this desperate long shot; the games are delivered through the post, consoles probably by courier. Maybe the order status will be effected by this? If not, expect the final kick to the ribs as you cower, shivering in the foetal position on your door step when your unusable games arrive on Friday morning.

Get a job? Male Gigolo? Lottery tickets? just think its a bit, well dont wana use the word but im sure you know what word im gona use. Cos some of us really would like to have a 360 for launch day and be able to play on it and have fun, but because of people on ebay a number of us cant.

It's like the people who buy all the gig tickets and then put them on ebay, when true fans would really have liked to have gone to the gig but couldnt because all the profitters who dont care about the band wanted to make money out of it.

I agree, its even worse to post it on a gaming forum where there are endless people desperate for one :(

If, like me, you are deeply concerned about your Play.com order and feel hot, salty tears welling up in your eyes - console youself with this desperate long shot; the games are delivered through the post, consoles probably by courier.  Maybe the order status will be effected by this? If not, expect the final kick to the ribs as you cower, shivering in the foetal position on your door step when your unusable games arrive on Friday morning.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Play usually ship stuff as soon as they get it in stock, but all the 360 stuff has simply changed to "Order Placed" rather than "Processing" or "Packing". It would be far cheaper and more sensible to ship everything through the courier with the console, and that seems to be what's going on.

Needless to say I'll be refreshing that order page all day long tomorow. :(

Of course, we dont even know where the queue will be, the customer services desk? A certain till? The gaming isle? I dont think my store even has an electrical help desk but its a bloody huge tesco's extra.

I'm personally gona go have a look around 6ish, find out more details then go back at 8 and then at 10, depending on the situation of course.

I have 3 tesco equidistant from here, I know one of them, with a counter, is getting 9 xbox360en. They have told me to queue from the counter, i will phone again today, and tommorow.

Tesco Ipswich have had over 50 calls on this subject since monday, so they told me.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Play usually ship stuff as soon as they get it in stock, but all the 360 stuff has simply changed to "Order Placed" rather than "Processing" or "Packing". It would be far cheaper and more sensible to ship everything through the courier with the console, and that seems to be what's going on.

Needless to say I'll be refreshing that order page all day long tomorow. :(

Play's delivery is odd at the best of times. For instance, bundling DVDs together in a multiple order is a totally unheard of practice.

Play's delivery is odd at the best of times. For instance, bundling DVDs together in a multiple order is a totally unheard of practice.

I know, but I would have expected everything now in stock to have been dispatched already if they were going to send them seperately. Of course they may just be waiting until tomorow to get them to us on the release date.

Get a move on Play.

People should of pre ordered earlier from a decent place like comet or argos.

I disagree, many people preorded on the day prices were announced, many play.com preordered weeks before they were announced. Comet and Argos are hardly the top of the gaming tree, especially with many comet stores getting less than ten consoles each. Like i said many of us got dumped on by game, gamestation, hmv, virgin, play and amazon, all HUGE players in the gaming sector. So you cant really blame us guys for doing our best and being let down by greedy retailers.

I wouldnt be so bothered if you got the machine and sold it on for a tiny bit of profit, or to a friend whos rather stupid and has too much money, but buying just to put on ebay, as i said i dont think is right.

Stebbo, cheers for your update there, i had heard many tesco's were getting between 10 and 50, but its looking more and more likely its going to bed ten for most stores. I'm gona give my tescos a call tomo too and see what they say, all i can say is good luck to you and hope you manage to get one! :(

I'm pretty sure anyone that walks in WHSmith on release day will be able to walk out with a 360 in some form.

Well Smiths are getting a total of 200 core packs for all of their stores. My local store (Holborn) said they expect 6-7 in but they are all pre-ordered. However as people ordered premium packs they may decide they don't want the core pack and it _might_ be available for someone without a pre-order.

They said they were not getting any accesories in :(

I'm pretty sure anyone that walks in WHSmith on release day will be able to walk out with a 360 in some form.

Yeah i heard that WHS had a secret order of 50k 360's.

In other news they didnt and you wont, infact arent they only getting core packs in ?

Back in the Day WHS used to be a game shop playa - plenty will have remembered this and will try them.

Yep, sure is, lets hope everyone on here doesn't do anything to make a profit, ever.

Wouldn't want all that wonderful selfrighteousness turning into rank hypocracy.

I have some good news. At least for me. Game rang me this evening to tell me im guaranteed an Xbox 360 come Friday  :(  They also said they havent let down a single person on preorders. So im chuffed to bits, I can sleep again at nights.

I've got mine from Game, but they shafted my brother. I ordered 17th August, he was one day later. They emailed him to say he wouldn't get one at launch, and rather than honour the pre-orders, when they get their next batch in, they will email all people who pre-ordered and then work on 1st come 1st serve. So if someone pre-ordered a month after you, there at the exact same position in the Q.

I've got mine from Game, but they shafted my brother. I ordered 17th August, he was one day later. They emailed him to say he wouldn't get one at launch, and rather than honour the pre-orders, when they get their next batch in, they will email all people who pre-ordered and then work on 1st come 1st serve. So if someone pre-ordered a month after you, there at the exact same position in the Q.

I preordered in store and not online though. I think Game and Game.net are two different companies as the online side used to be Gameplay until Game bought it out. So maybe this means their allocation is different?