IGNORED

Xbox 360

rubberducker

Just received another 'phone call (the first was to confirm my pre-order and games a couple of days back) from the Game I have a pre-order at. After spending a few seconds reconfirming my games and accessories he asked if I still wanted my ordered premium 360 or would I prefer a Core? He then went on to excitedly tell me how I could save £70 by going for the Core instead. Cheeky blighters!

Must admit to being very excited though, new tech in two days, yes! Traded in a few games recently which means I have just over £275 in credit notes that makes the purchase more palatable still.

My first ever launch day console. :)

Xbox 360 preorderless Bristolians.... Hear ye! Hear ye!

Right, I've got the latest up to date skinny on Asda Cribbs Causeway.

1. They are getting Xbox 360s in.

2. They don't know how many, but bearing in mind that it's a "Wal-Mart Supercentre", they may well have more than your average Asda.

3. They will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the first sale occurring at one minute past midnight.

4. They reckon that, based on the phone calls so far, turning up at 9pm-ish may be necessary to secure one! :shock:

Just got this e-mail from Play:

Dear Steve 

Thank you for your email.

Due to an European wide shortage of the XBox 360, we are unable to guarantee delivery of your XBox 360 before Christmas.

As an official distributor of Microsoft products we are guaranteed more stock but Microsoft have informed us, along with all other official XBox retailers, that the console will not be freely available until next year.

If you have further questions about the availability of XBox 360 please contact the Microsoft XBox 360 helpline on 0800 587 1102.

Kind regards

Email Support Team

Play

:)

Well HMV have now offered me a core system with Hard drive and wireless controller..... I have accepted.

If anyone round the west midlands is planning to pick on up at midnight this is what i found out.

Tesco Extra Great Bar and Redditch are expecting about 10 of each in Premium and core. And will be on sale from midnight.

Asda Living in walsall opens at 9am and is expecting 5 premium and 3 core. Best of luck ... my fallback plan was Asda if i didn't get one at Tesco, but a night in the freezing cold, plus all the running around with work the next day made me accept the Core system gaurenateed. Must be getting old!

The big asda at wolverhampton told me on monday they are not expecting any 360's in on friday

This is because of MS, limited stock etc.

All other 360 stuff appears to be in stock, its like saying theres a new DVD Boxset out.

HMV have got it on release, but due to issues Play dont; therefore you'll never use them again.

Get a grip.

Go back and read it. I said place to preorder CONSOLES.

Place to Preorder CONSOLES. CONSSOOOLLESS. Got it? Good.

This is odd. My extra wireless pad has now changed from "Packing" to "Processing" again. :)

It does that, don't worry.

Edit: And why in God's name am I even trying to sound calm and reasonable. Off you go all of you and cancel your Play orders, go on. Do it. Do It. DO IT. NOW!

(If this works then I'm practically guaranteed to get one. ;) )

Why the hell have Amazon not dispatched ANYTHING? I contacted them the other day and they have the games and accessories in stock, but their seems to be no movement at all. I better have something to play on Friday...

And yes, I know its better having a console and no games rather than games and no console, but still. :)

Xbox 360 preorderless Bristolians.... Hear ye! Hear ye!

Right, I've got the latest up to date skinny on Asda Cribbs Causeway.

1. They are getting Xbox 360s in.

2. They don't know how many, but bearing in mind that it's a "Wal-Mart Supercentre", they may well have more than your average Asda.

3. They will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis, with the first sale occurring at one minute past midnight.

4. They reckon that, based on the phone calls so far, turning up at 9pm-ish may be necessary to secure one!  :shock:

Ooh good shout.

I'm very tempted to pop down and pick up a "spare".

The problem is you telling me to get a grip and calling me an idiot.  Learn some manners.

Game got 1000's

Play got 40.

Once bitten....

Sure you said grib in your post (think and edit was made) :)

Shit like;

Place to Preorder CONSOLES. CONSSOOOLLESS. Got it? Good.

Does my head in, sounds like a little kid IMO.

You may not be, but such a thing annoys me - Long shouting words.

Yet we are still on about pre-orders, and the fact that there is a shortage due to MS lots of places are missing out, namely Play.com.

Edited by Dork Knight

You wanna have a go Tanner :)

Its all going to kick off tomorrow when those with, start laughing and pointing at those without.

Me I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show. Then weep in every 360 game related thread as I sit and look at the 360 box, then the forum, then the box and so on.

25 days and counting from tomorrow ;)

OK, so a little bird at Play told me this morning:

Play.com are getting 500 of each pack.

The 500 normal packs are already accounted for, while only 360 (weird huh) people have preordered Core systems.

If you order the Core system today (and you're in the first 140 to do it I guess), there's a good chance you'll get it on Friday.

Please, do not call play.com quoting this information or people will get in trouble.

That's it. Take it or leave it.