IGNORED

Xbox 360

rubberducker

Well I will know tomorrow if it's all hype as my boys in NY are on the prowl.

Will let you know

Yup. I'm not far away. I have no pre-order, and I'm not queuing up all night, but I reckon I can get a 360 tomorrow morning, just like I did with "if you haven't pre-ordered you'll be waiting until next year" Halo 2.

It's all about choosing the right store. :(

Those photographs of people waiting outside Best Buy a day early are giving me the willies, mind.

I somehow doubt Game would say that for no reason. Maybe Microsoft gave them a rough idea!

I somehow imagine that the thought of someone fucking off and buying their console eleewhere without assurances that Game will be getting them in is why they would say that.

Game want your money, they'll tell you what you want to hear...

[/cynic]

I've been reading this thread quite a lot to see the situation with the Xbox 360's, and am quite dumbounded (yet flattered) to see such interest in me browsing forums. What on earth is it all about?  :)

Take it some kind of flatery, i would, dont worry you'll be forgotten about by the launch of the ps3.

Of course you could start a new thread in the trading folder offering Xbox 360s, im sure it'll result in many a halirious japes and capers! :(

Yup. I'm not far away. I have no pre-order, and I'm not queuing up all night, but I reckon I can get a 360 tomorrow morning, just like I did with "if you haven't pre-ordered you'll be waiting until next year" Halo 2.

It's all about choosing the right store. :)

Those photographs of people waiting outside Best Buy a day early are giving me the willies, mind.

Ayton which city u in?

Wall Mart, Gamestop forget it!

By the time I wake up tomorrow I will either be jumping for joy.

Or moaning and looking on Ebay.

I'm in New Haven, CT (where Yale is).

I know that GameStop is a bust. I was in buying Perfect Dark Zero on Saturday and they were telling the guy in front of me, who ordered in JUNE, that IT MIGHT ONLY TAKE two or three weeks after launch to fill his 360 order. Great!

I'm going to chance Walmart at midnight tonight, just in case. If that's no go, I've got a little something on the burner for tomorrow morning. :)

I've been reading this thread quite a lot to see the situation with the Xbox 360's, and am quite dumbounded (yet flattered) to see such interest in me browsing forums. What on earth is it all about?  :lol:

You are Legend.

Fuckin el!

I may not resort to this!

Consoles taken at gunpoint just hours ago; thief apprehended, consoles recovered.

A Stafford, Virginia, Electronics Boutique store was the scene of an armed robbery this morning. According to sources, the perpetrator made off with two Xbox 360 systems, forcing the store manager to hand them over at gun point.

Sources tell GameSpot the local police responded quickly, cordoned off the store, and immediately pursued the thief. The thief was apprehended shortly afterwards.

Because the police consider the heist an ongoing criminal investigation, store employees were reluctant to discuss details of the robbery. But as of press time, the store is open, and all systems are back to normal.

"We're all fine and everything is cool," a store staffer told GameSpot.

By Curt Feldman

Posted Nov 21, 2005 11:55 am PT

Blimey to the extreme.

So we're still waiting to know how many we're getting over here in the Europe then? Were the American stock figures ever released seeing that it's out erm tonight.

Were the American stock figures ever released seeing that it's out erm tonight.

Thats an interesting question. There are no definate American stock answers yet but I'm sure MS PR will want to shout about how many were sold on day one pretty soon. This will give a very good indication on how many might be available day one here as 1 million units has been quoted a lot of times as the shipment figure for the USA but I doubt it will be anywhere near that.

Shit.

Local Wal-mart had EIGHT machines for the midnight opening. EIGHT. And 20 people waiting outside.

My sleeper down the block, Toys R Us, already had people queueing by midnight. That place doesn't open until 9 am. It is cold and raining buckets, and there's no canopy down at Toys R Us. Just madness.

I've got a few more to check in the morning, but there's no way I'm sitting in the rain all night.

Shit.

Local Wal-mart had EIGHT machines for the midnight opening. EIGHT. And 20 people waiting outside.

My sleeper down the block, Toys R Us, already had people queueing by midnight. That place doesn't open until 9 am. It is cold and raining buckets, and there's no canopy down at Toys R Us. Just madness.

I've got a few more to check in the morning, but there's no way I'm sitting in the rain all night.

Oh fuck!

I have just seen some more pics the queues are not looking encouraging for my little 360 quest.

:lol:

can anyone confirm whether "backorder" status means no chance for launch with Woollies or is that just what it shows because it's not out yet ?

The latter I think (hope). I emailed them and asked them why my order status had been changed to back order and when I could expect my 360 to come.

Reply I received was

In response to your enquiry, your order for the 'Project Gotham Racing 3 Xbox 360 Pro Bundle' will be despatched on the 2/12/05 and will take up to 7 working days for delivery.

Sounds hopeful. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Back Order:

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT - Our suppliers do not have this item in stock but have placed an order, as soon as we have been notified that the item is available to fulfil we will charge your credit card. If you do not wish to wait, please use the cancel order button to cancel the item. We will be unable to give you a definite delivery date so please do not contact us to request this information. We will however, do order best to update your account if and when we have any updated information. Thank you for your patience. We will aim to despatch items in time for delivery on or before the EXPECTED DATE, but please be aware this date IS NOT GUARANTEED

***Unfortunately due to a high demand on this item, we cannot guarantee to fulfil your order for this item for Christmas. However your order will be kept open and, and once stock is available your order will be packed and shipped. Please also note that your payment card will not be debited until the order is ready to be despatched.***

still waiting for may call from gamestation

:lol:

2 of us, went in last week and they have no idea of their allocation or numbers involved. I know I'm no. 3 on that list and have a dixons style backup plan in place if it all falls to pieces.