Xbox 360

rubberducker

People must be thinking it's for the machine itself. Wankers.

I don't think so. he seems to be making it clear that they're buying the machine, just after he recieves it, i'll be posted on the winner. I'd never go for this, but seems pretty fair (if taking advantage of working at a games shop and exploiting the 360 supply problem can be called that).

Exactly six weeks today until launch over here...

One month until the American launch...

It's getting near...

6 weeks to go and we're still none the wiser; no launch lineup, no launch day allocations, no nothing. If that holds true in two weeks time, everyone has permission to panic.

I ordered from the game website on the 10/09 what do you think my chances are of getting a system before xmas????

Do yourself a favor and goto somewhere like WHSmiths and order from there. Much much better chance of getting one. I did it a few days ago and I'm 6th on the list in the store who claim to be getting 10 in.

Do yourself a favor and goto somewhere like WHSmiths and order from there. Much much better chance of getting one. I did it a few days ago and I'm 6th on the list in the store who claim to be getting 10 in.

I never get a chance to go to town with work etc.

Anywhere online? Argos? Currys? PC world etc

I never get a chance to go to town with work etc.

Anywhere online? Argos? Currys? PC world etc

I doubt anywhere online will be able to get you a console at launch now (well at least with any more confidence than your game preorder). Perhaps a large tesco or asda on the day might be your best bet.

I doubt anywhere online will be able to get you a console at launch now (well at least with any more confidence than your game preorder). Perhaps a large tesco or asda on the day might be your best bet.

Dixons basically - or PC World/Currys on the morning. Why not go out there and talk to your local stores and get the full SP from there and lay a deposit down, Dixons will refund your deposit if you don't buy within 3 days of the calling you to say the machines in stock.

I have one preordered with Game London and called them yesterday to check the score (after the GTA preorder fiasco). The bloke said that as long as you have paid a deposit you should be guaranteed one and they will hold it for 48 hours too. If you have not paid for a deposit you are off the guaranteed list and if they do allocate you one you have to pick it up that day or they will give it away.

Apparently they only hold preorders for those with paid deposits (and only for 48 hours). Fortunately my preorder is a £20 deposit so I should (fingers crossed) be fine.

Dixons basically - or PC World/Currys on the morning. Why not go out there and talk to your local stores and get the full SP from there and lay a deposit down, Dixons will refund your deposit if you don't buy within 3 days of the calling you to say the machines in stock.

Just rang dixons they reckon they have had a fair few orders but can still take more orders and garuntee I get it on launch day. I have managed to get my gf to agree and put a deposit on one tomorrow for me :)

Does anyone know what the situation is with all these places that "guarantee" a console if you preorder. What exactly do they do if they cannot get you one? I take it that its just a simple marketing ploy and is not backed up with anything at all and at best you just get your deposit back?

6 weeks to go and we're still none the wiser; no launch lineup, no launch day allocations, no nothing. If that holds true in two weeks time, everyone has permission to panic.

I spoke to someone in my local GameStation today and he said that GS had been allocated 10,000 across the country. Is he talking bollocks? I should be at least in the first 5 pre-orderers at Norwich anyway so I'm pretty optimistic.

Woolworths were claiming that they could still guarantee for launch day - 3 pre-orders remaining in Kings Lynn (which is a reasonably small town).

Yep, it's region-coded for games and DVDs.

The developers of Football Manager 2006 "guaranteed" their game would be Region Free (as it probably won't get a release anywhere but Europe) so I'm optimistic that it'll still be the developer's choice.

I spoke to someone in my local GameStation today and he said that GS had been allocated 10,000 across the country.  Is he talking bollocks?  I should be at least in the first 5 pre-orderers at Norwich anyway so I'm pretty optimistic. 

Not bollocks but I can't imagine he knows that for sure.

I spoke to someone in my local GameStation today and he said that GS had been allocated 10,000 across the country.  Is he talking bollocks?  I should be at least in the first 5 pre-orderers at Norwich anyway so I'm pretty optimistic. 

By the sounds of things it wont even matter where you are on the list as they're doing it first come first served (provided you have preordered). Dont quote me on that (and i hope he is wrong) but thats basically the gist of what the dude in my local Gamestation said.

just found out that I am guarenteed to get an XB360 come launch day. My name is number 4 on the list and they are only getting 6. I feel kinda sorry for the 20 or 30 so people who will miss out.........nah. As long as I get mine, I'll be happy.