IGNORED

Videogaiden

Audrey Tautou

Just to clarify: biglime, did you come up with Big Man when you were writing for Chewin' the Fat?

That's not all he's done apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthe...hat/index.shtml

Would you believe the roofer I called earlier to look at the house we want to buy was called Barry Burton? Me neither, it was Bunting, but I'm pretty sure I said Burton on his answerphone.

I can't see the problems that people are having with the accents. Mind you, as stupid as it sounds, reading a load of Irvine Welsh books seems to have helped me...

It would be sad to think that anything about Videogaiden would have to be 'toned down' in order to get a wider audience.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Barry? I think it's the accent, it just irritates me.

It's suprisingly accurate in many ways. Folk from the GLASGAE actually call a free house 'an empty' and refer to their mummykins as 'ma maw'.

Grace Kelly, rhymes with smelly!

And Legend simply saying 'OMG' was tearfully well spun into his lines, I want to meet someone who actually says 'ROFL' in real life.

And someone did the 'not enough heed in yer pint' down the pub tonight. Did you write that Biglime? Did you? Huh? Huh?

Edit: I met Diamond a few months back. He either lives off Clyde Street or thought he could park his car in front of posh appartments and was having an AMAZING argument with some official looking people. I hi-fived him on the way to a gig he turned up to. He got onto the stage for photos and stuff after the main band finished and I'd to explain to them who he was. Seemed a bit of a wanker after that, even though he had a chat with me when he came in and has probably the only decent page the Daily Star prints all week. I don't think I've had reason to post this before, so there.

Just watched it, last two episodes have been really good lads, well done.

And kudos for speaking everybody's mind about EA. Balls of steel to seize what might be your last chance at doing that on TV. Fingers crossed you all get a second series though - it really seems to be hitting it's stride for me with these last 2 eps.

Keep us all informed :lol:

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your e-mail in appreciation of the BBC Scotland programme

VideoGaiden. I have forwarded it for the information of the production

team.

The programme has been very well received with the only negative comments

echo your own, being that it is not nationwide, and not long enough.

We have no notification of a second series yet but it has been very

sucessful so we will have to wait and see.

Best wishes and thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

George Fawcett

BBC Information Office

Scotland

Dear Adam,

VideoGaiden.  I have forwarded it for the information of the production

team.

echo your own, being that it is not nationwide, and not long enough.

Regards

George Fawcett

BBC Information Office

Scotland

George has been VERY busy:

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your e-mailregarding the BBC Scotland series VideoGaiden.

We are pleased you have enjoyed the series so far and have passed on your

comments to the producer and production teams.

Best wishes

George Fawcett

Programme Information

BBC Scotland.

And kudos for speaking everybody's mind about EA. Balls of steel to seize what might be your last chance at doing that on TV.

Yeah absolutely, the review was heroically brilliant, that kind of vicious and honest assault on mediocre toss like NFS is exactly what we need.

The series has been magnificent and is pretty much above criticism as far as I'm concerned, I've pissed myself throughout every episode and loved the reviews. Best of luck on getting a re-commission, and well done on a stellar job on this series.

E-mail from George.

Dear Ciaran,

VideoGaiden.  I have forwarded it for the information of the production

team.

being,  that it is not nationwide, and not long enough.

Regards

George Fawcett

BBC Information Office

Scotland

I think the whole nation definitely needs to witness something totally Psycho Mantis.  I can imagine the WTFs going around the country already.

:lol:

I've started telling people that i'm gonna go Psycho Mantis on their ass.

They have no idea what i'm talking about but laugh anyway.

Expect a worldwide phenomenon soon as Rab is wheeled onto Parky just to do the skit.

"I'm gonna go Pyscho Mantis on you Parky"

Nah, it's great that they're sending emails back and stuff.

Even if they're copy and pasting replies, all the feedback gets circulated and read and stored.

They do a great job in there.

out of interest, have you had any from people who aren't on rllmuk? you could cut out the middle man!

PS contrary to the above statement, i really enjoyed the series. the fact that it's a much tighter format has improved it immensely.

There definitely has been plenty of feedback coming from rllmuk, just going on the number of people in this thread saying they'd had responses to their feedback.

As for the tighter format, you should always bare in mind that cv is made by us and gaiden was made by people that do it for a living.

Let me guess, you and biglime drew up 6 hour-long episodes and the BBC edited them all down to 10 minutes of "televisable content"? :lol:

out of interest, have you had any from people who aren't on rllmuk? you could cut out the middle man!

There was that bloke who did Grim Fandango. And Dominic Diamond. They both liked it. So at least two non-rllmuk people have enjoyed it.

I have seen the occassional VG / consolevania thread on other forums. I wouldn't have thought a vast proportion of viewers are going to mail the Beeb, though. I don't think I've ever done it before, and I'm regularly shocked and disgusted by the BBC, and so is my wife.

Somebody should get the forumites from Lionhead to find out if Peter Molyneux has seen it.

I'm sure he's upset as anyone, as his wife gets his dinner ready in their mansion.