IGNORED

Resident Evil 4

Tom C.

I have an incomplete crown and beerstein after rescuing Ashley on disc two.

Should I cut my losses and consider selling them? Or should I hang on for more gems to get them completed? Also, I have "Red Stone of Faith" and the two other stones that apparently fit into the "Golden Lynx"... buuuut I don't have the Golden Lynx...

Sell them. You complete the Beerstein by the end of the Village and the Crown by the end of the castle. If you're on the island, your chance has gone.

What the FUCK are you all talking about? Red Monk with an AA gun? I've never seen that on my 4 playthroughs.. What/when/where/etc? Is it the one who keeps running away from you in that room? Where the other monks appear behin the painting then in the centre with rocket launchers? Or what? Oh man, I'm going to have to play this all over again..

..what a shame :(

Shameless advertising

I've written a review on Resi 4 for slowly-resurrecting games site 'Area:VG', run by forumite favourite Kamatari.

It's my first ever review! (Let's hope they get better).

Not sure what you were talking about in your first paragraph, seems to be a bit of a personal bug bear rather than something most gamers would feel. I don't care what people think of my hobby, and neither does anyone else I know. I guess you were looking for an "angle"?

Besides, that was a whole paragraph you could have used to talk about some of the features of the game you didn't mention, like the QTEs, the music, the bosses, etc.

I played RE4 so much yesterday my eyes went bloodshot.

No, you just got infected with teh plagas!1 ;)

It's not so much caring what others think that I was on about, it's agreeing with the naysayers. A lot of people recently seem to have fallen out with games (including me) but Resi 4 is one of those games can reignite the passion.

Anecdotes are rubbish in reviews.

A lot of people recently seem to have fallen out with games (including me) but Resi 4 is one of those games can reignite the passion.

Sure, but you shouldn't assume that everyone feels that way.

I know what you mean though, I just think that you could have used that space to talk more about the game rather than all that "wanking and crying" stuff. I was mentally saying "Skip to the end...." when I was reading it.

For fuck's sake! Fuck this review! Somebody answer my post:

What the FUCK are you all talking about? Red Monk with an AA gun? I've never seen that on my 4 playthroughs.. What/when/where/etc? Is it the one who keeps running away from you in that room? Where the other monks appear behin the painting then in the centre with rocket launchers? Or what? Oh man, I'm going to have to play this all over again..

..what a shame ;)

PLEASE!

Yes, it's the guy who keeps running away from you. Eventually he gets onto a big gun emplacement in the middle of the room, and starts shooting.

I just ran around the base, occasionally blasting him with the shotgun.

I waited for him to unleash his first volley, entered the room, took out my rifle and shot him in the head :lol:

Started playing it this weekend, and after a slow start I'm loving it. Fair way through the castle now, amazing. Top 5 this gen.

Don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but I can't help thinking the pasty-faced floppy-haired leon reminds me of someone...

leon.jpg

More details about the PS2 version:

* New Chapters- play as Ada Wong in "Seperate Ways", 5 terrifying, adrenaline-pumping missions that reveal additional horrific surprises.

* New unlockable weapons, including the PRL412 laser cannon and the Gunpowder Bow Gun.

* New unlockable costumes for Leon and Ashley

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie...uct%5Fid=281381

I don't know what they do but those weapons sound groovy.

I thought it was supposed to be like that? I love it! It's hilarious ;)

Me too, its comedy gold. One of my mates was round not so long ago, we put the PS Resi 1 on just to laugh at the opening video before popping on Remake.

Remakes intro sucks in comparison, then again pretty much everything ever sucks in comparison to the original Resi intro its that awesome.

Me too, its comedy gold. One of my mates was round not so long ago, we put the PS Resi 1 on just to laugh at the opening video before popping on Remake.

Remakes intro sucks in comparison, then again pretty much everything ever sucks in comparison to the original Resi intro its that awesome.

There are a couple of shots in First Person Perspective in the intro. I often think that's what I would like Next Gen FPS's to look like. That would rock.

is it me or does the merchant sound like a pedo

And why is he still calling me stranger at the end of the game?

And how come no bad guys kill him?

And how does he get safely from place to place BEFORE Leon?

And how does he get from the shop to the shooting range before Leon?

And is he infected with Las Plagas on the Island?

Seven days ago I felt like purschasing a new game. I have about a month off work you see and fancied somethinng new to play in the evenings.

I've bought a few over the last few months but nothing has really grabbed me properly for ages. I had a few games to trade in so popped along to my local Gamestation and browsed away. So many Xbox and PS2 games to choose from but nothing that really mad me go, "Wow! Gotta play that.." Then, RE4 caught my eye, "Hmmm..", I thought, but that's on the Cube and I haven't got one of those. Do I really need another console?"

I had noticed the two very large RE4 threads here and figured it must be very good from the length of them both although didn't venture in as I wanted to avoid spoilers. It also seemed like a long time since I last played a resi game which I had always loved. In the shop I enquired as to the price for a second hand Cube and RE4 and was pleasantly surprised to find that my trade ins would cover the price and go someway towards a wavebird too, before I knew it I was on my way home with a new console with wireless controller and RE4. Yay for me!

The temptation to plug the whole lot in as soon as I got in the door was huge but I had a friend coming over a little later and thought I would save the whole plugging up until he arrived.

He arrived at 6pm, he left at 7.15am! This game is surely more addictive than cocaine? There really isn't anything I can say that hasn't been already mentioned in this thread before except I like it. A lot. More than wanking at the moment! Everything just hangs together so well with never long between genuine WOW! moments. So far I've played it through twice on Normal and think I need a small break before I try it on Pro.

Today I couldn't help but pick up the remade RE and RE0 for £20 the pair in Game's second hand section after having such a blast with 4. Of course I'm sure it is going to be a fair step down after the experience of 4 but hopefully fun none the less.

* New Chapters- play as Ada Wong in "Seperate Ways", 5 terrifying, adrenaline-pumping missions that reveal additional horrific surprises.

* New unlockable weapons, including the PRL412 laser cannon and the Gunpowder Bow Gun.

New, TERRIFYING Grapical effects!

hormigas.gif

*Sob*

But, I don't have a PS2... and I want to fuck Ganados over with a Laser gun. :)

Bah, I'll just tell myself that it'll be a rubbish conversion, with shit analogue sticks.

Or buy a PS2, I don't know.