IGNORED

Resident Evil 4

Tom C.

I'd recommend you play through on Normal again first, you are guaranteed to see a few things you didnt notice the first time, plus it lets you experiment with weapons you might have been scared to swap your trusty shotgun for the first time through.

Why experiment? Because when you get to Pro, you'll want to know which wepaons are best, as you start from scratch, with a tiny item case and no money :D

God, Resi 4 is so amazing. Lent my Cube to a mate, cant wait to get it back and play this through again :unsure:

Just like Cassidy I completed re4 once on 'normal', and I'm planning on playing it again soon. Is playing this on 'pro' comparable to playing Halo on 'legendary' (

tough but fair, and really enjoyable)?

I did him by sniping his toes multiple times as he advanced, and then unleashing autofire machine gun and magnum at his feet. I love how you can kill game characters by shooting their toes.

Same here, I just kept on shooting him in the legs till he sinks down onto his knees, and then shot him in the head. I found getting past him in Assignment Ada harder than in the main game.

Same here, I just kept on shooting him in the legs till he sinks down onto his knees, and then shot him in the head. I found getting past him in Assignment Ada harder than in the main game.

if you are talking about Kruser, put you gun away and hit him with the knife around the chest area, he goes down so easy

In the main game I think I used whatever weapon to shoot him in the legs to halt him for a few seconds, then used the knife to slash him. seemed to work ok for me.

I've taken to leaving my guns not-quite-fully-upgraded lately. I upgrade everything except the reload speed, and it makes the game seem so much more fun, for some reason.

Shotgun + 3.7 second reload speed + chainsaw dude = Fucking Hell!

Works wonderfully with the rifle too. He reloads them both too fast otherwise, and I've stopped liking it.

I've taken to leaving my guns not-quite-fully-upgraded lately. I upgrade everything except the reload speed, and it makes the game seem so much more fun, for some reason.

Shotgun + 3.7 second reload speed + chainsaw dude = Fucking Hell!

Works wonderfully with the rifle too. He reloads them both too fast otherwise, and I've stopped liking it.

so it's

powerful gun+slow reloading+enemies=your arse smacked around the place

you have to have the fast reloading

Its a bit good!

Picked it up for my GC when it came out, but like most of the games i've bought recently (thanks World of Warcraft) It sat un-opened.

I've just finished moving house and after setting up my consoles in my spare room I thought i'd give it a blast , bloody hell!!! Thats all I can say!

Really REALLY Enjoying it so far!

Makes me wonder what other games i've missed out on!

I bought it a few days ago because just liike you i been playing wow. I finished it 2 days ago and have just finished Shadow of the colossus.

Resi 4 was awesome and looks fantastic and i advise anyone and everyone to play both resi 4 and the awesome and simply stunning shadow of the colossus.

I've ordered it from Play and hopefully it arriveth soon... Can't wait to play it, even though it means unpacking the PS2 which'll be a bit of a faff...

Anyway, now that there's a thread that isn't an ominous 200 page beast can I just ask how does the PS2 versions stand up against the GC version? massively cut down? Almost as good as? Any comment? Want to play it but will be sad if it's a nowhere near as good port of the title.... But at £18 couldn't very well refuse could I.

I've ordered it from Play and hopefully it arriveth soon... Can't wait to play it, even though it means unpacking the PS2 which'll be a bit of a faff...

Anyway, now that there's a thread that isn't an ominous 200 page beast can I just ask how does the PS2 versions stand up against the GC version? massively cut down? Almost as good as? Any comment? Want to play it but will be sad if it's a nowhere near as good port of the title.... But at £18 couldn't very well refuse could I.

it looks slightly less amazing, but still amazing, and has a big extra bit, worth double that, easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly many many many apologies for my tardiness...and gravedigging this thread...

I've been out of the country working for the last 18 months and never really got caught up in the hype or interest revolving around this...but today I saw the GC version sitting there on the shelf of my local Gamestation for £22 and picked it up...so right now I'm about to blow the dust off my Cube and load it up...

Envy me.