Resident Evil 4

Tom C.

Hmm well I've got a magent link from utorrent. Not sure how people use it, mind.. :D You should be able to 'open from url' in your favourite torrent app.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8494f179bacf9672dab8e5573df68b2962b91c9f&dn=Resident+Evil+4+Ultimate+Community+Patch&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I'm 75% done on that torrent. I'm away most of the weekend but I'll leave me PC on and it'll hopefully seed.

IF it actually works, it may be more sensible for me to just burn it on DVD and post it to any who are interested :)

We'll see!

:lol: well the patch installed, obviously needs some tweaking as the ENB is making everything purple and green and Leon is transparent. WTF.

Anyway, the installer for the patch did point me at this forum that may be of use to someone who has more free time than I:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?act=SC&c=365435

I saw mentions in the patch installer of PS/Xbox pad button mods, and an official Ubi patch for the game which presumably tidies up some stuff.

My main gripe is locked 30fps.. There has to be a an unlock patch somewhere on that forum :)

• 1 month later...

Depends on the game, a lot of the time you render the HUD into the frame buffer after you do the in-scene stuff so it always sits on top of what's going on, but I did a game where we attached the HUD to the camera and treated it like any other object in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

ULTIMATE HD EDITION OF RESIDENT EVIL® 4 COMING TO PC

Pre-order Campaign on Steam® Now Live with Free Bonus Materials

SAN MATEO, Calif. — Jan. 21, 2014 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the ultimate HD edition of Resident Evil® 4 for PC digital download on Steam® globally and available as a retail version for Windows PC in Europe. PC gamers will be able to play the groundbreaking survival horror masterpiece in the highest visual fidelity ever with stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time. Resident Evil 4 will be available on February 28, 2014 for $19.99/€19.99.

Alongside the announcement, the Steam pre-order campaign has also gone live today which includes a digital soundtrack with more than 60 tracks and a digital artbook for those that purchase early. Details can be found at http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700. Resident Evil 4 will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support. The new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue.

Resident Evil 4 received numerous “Game of the Year” awards when it debuted and currently stands as one of the best-reviewed games of all time with an incredible 96 ranking on MetaCritic. A complete visual overhaul has been performed to bring this revered title to the highest graphical quality ever. Fully optimized for the wide screen, texts have been sharpened and textures have been upgraded on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.

In Resident Evil 4, special agent Leon S. Kennedy is sent on a mission to rescue the U.S. President’s daughter who has been kidnapped. Finding his way to a rural village in Europe, he faces new threats that are a departure from the traditional lumbering zombie enemies of the earlier installments in the series. Leon battles horrific new creatures infested by a new threat called Las Plagas and faces off against an aggressive group of enemies including mind-controlled villagers that are tied to Los Illuminados, the mysterious cult which is behind the abduction.

To complement the exciting new direction, the game introduced a modernized control scheme, rear third person view and gameplay mechanics which have blazed the trail for subsequent action titles.

The Resident Evil® franchise, which pioneered the horror genre in video games, has sold 60 million units since 1996 and spawned a series of successful motion pictures that have grossed over $900 million worldwide. As a truly global entertainment brand, the franchise has also expanded to CG anime, manga, novels and numerous merchandising lines.

EDIT: damn! :D

I doubt it will require a massively great pc..

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel CoreTM2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD AthlonTM X2 2.8 Ghz or better

Memory: 2 GB RAM / Hard Disk Space: 15GB free hard drive space

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS or better, ATI RadeonTM HD 4850 or better

DirectX: 9.0c or above / Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended System Requirements:

Recommended System Requirements:

Processor: Intel CoreTM 2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better, AMD PhenomTM II X4 3 Ghz or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM / Hard Disk Space: 15GB free hard drive space

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or better

Pretty average specs.

Compared to the original SourceNext port, that is quite a jump for a game designed for 2001 console hardware originally:

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: 1.4 GHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon (or better)
RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 128 MB/Shader 2.0
Hard Drive Space: 7.0 GB
Operating System: Windows XP, 2000
DirectX Version: 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: 2.0GHz Pentium 4
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB

• 4 months later...

Just started this on PC not having played it since the glorious Gamecube days. Controls with the X360 pad does feel quite a bit less precise (the analog Sticks) than I remember it with the GC pad. Maybe I'm just rusty but I'm surprised at how hard a time I'm having with the aiming and movement. Remember it as being perfect back then and I was certainly not one the critics. :)

• 6 months later...

For free and looks a damn sight better than the Capcom efforts, they really are one of the most laziest devs.

What amazes me is how one them, called albert I think and who is located in Spain, actually finds a lot of the original items used as inspiration and modelled in the game. It's an amazing amount of detailed work for 2 people to be doing.

Had a read of the 2005 posts. Man I wish I could have experienced this game like all of them did, must have been fucking mind blowing.

I think it's the most I've ever enjoyed a game on release.

Yep, what Davros said. Struggled to tear myself away from this but when I did I loved sharing it with everyone in this thread.