Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

kerraig UK

Saw this wonderful little noir comedy on Wednesday and havent seen any goss on it. It follows the great traditional of twisty turny California thrillers such as L.A. Confidential and get Shorty and stuff like that.

its full of super smart dialogue and quirky performances, as a wannabe actor shadows a detective to learn his mannerisms for a role he's trying out for.

It doesnt work 100% and its a bit too smart in places, but its fast paced, unpredictable and very very funny. I frikken love those kinds of Noirish Elmore Leonard style thrillers.

Ohh, good! I first heard about this months ago (Empire article, I think) and got very excited. For my sins I'm a huge Shane Black fan. I don't think anyone writes better action comedies. Is he also directing this? Seem to remember that from somewhere.

Glad to hear it turned out well. Do you know when it will be out over here?

Hey there.

This may well be my most anticipated movie of the year. I'm addicted to Shane Blacks scripts... I just can't fucking wait.

I remember when this movie was called You'll Never Die In This Town Again and was gonna star Johny Knoxville and Hugh Grant...

I like this new cast better... CAN'T WAIT.

Despin out.

Any Shane Black fans might want to take a look at this month's Empire magazine - feature/interview with Black plus the review of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's made me want to watch Lethal Weapon and The Last Boy Scout again - hell, maybe even The Long Kiss Goodnight.

The Long Kiss Goodnight is massively underrated I reckon. Tough, funny as hell and good action - though it has to be said that Jackson pretty much carries the film. What more do you need from that kind of flick?

That, and the scenes between Davis and the little girl struck a cord. For me at least, but I'm soft at heart :)

And don't forget Brian Cox. The scene with the dog is ace.

Nathan: Alice, please? Your dog, Alice - it and my appetite are mutually exclusive.

Alice: Well, what's wrong with the dog?

Nathan: Simple: he's been licking his asshole for the last three straight hours. I submit to you that there is nothing there worth more than an hour's attention and I should think that whatever he is attempting to dislodge, is either gone for good... or there to stay.

:rolleyes:

Can't wait.

Shane Black gets a lot of respect from me - any guy that drops out of the limelight to reevaluate his work purely because he's unhappy with it and the direction he's taking, then comes back swinging with an apparent stormer of a (directorial) debut deserves such.

Plus he's fuckin' Hawkins.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught this tonight and it was fantastic. Even better than I was expecting. I knew about the noirish aspects of the story and characters, but didn't realise how tricksy it was going to be with RDJ's narration. I love all that "breaking of the fourth wall" stuff.

I'm definitely going to see this again. Cool opening credits too.

CJ

Hey there.

I also loved it. It wasnt quite as..."amazing" as I was expecting. I think I built it up to be something it could never live up to in my mind...

But on the whole I thought it was great. Funny, sick, nasty, cool and fucking insane at points.

I hope Black doesnt leave it too long before he makes another movie. I hear this flick did nothing in the US.. But it was made for a smallish budget. So Maybe it will do well on dvd..

I'm gonna go watch it again this week.

Despin out.

Saw this as well today. Went on my own as none of mates wanted to go see it. Their loss. It was great. True there were one or two bits where they tried to be too clever but on the whole it was fantastic stuff. The scene right at the start was brilliant as well, it had the whole cinema cringing.

This is one of those films that I purposely didn't read anything about, so went into it knowing very little (I saw the trailer weeks ago, but still wasn't certain what to expect).

I thought it was utterly brilliant...certainly one of the best movies I've seen this year.

The actress that played Harmony was also awesome :o