Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

kerraig UK

Watched this the other day, and I'm very suprised that it didnt do better on its release, more so considering who its from. I know that he's hardly a household name, but Black has been responsible for some pretty big films. I hope its one of those films that's going to become a hit on dvd (I've already seen about 10x the coverage/advertising for the dvd release that I saw when it first came out).

It's very much to noir films what Scream was to horror films (except funnier....and better). It knows the cliches and acknowledges them, even if it does go along with them at times .I thought the cast was spot on, and Michelle Monaghan is simply gorgeous in it. She's in MI3 too, so hopefully we'll be seeing lots more of her in the future. I'd forgotten how good Kilmer could be given the right role, and he's brilliant in this, although he does get the best lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this last night, absolutely LOVED it. So incredibly quotable, with some quite incredible chemistry between Downey Jr. and Kilmer.

I laughed my fucking arse off at the "oh, thank God you had a gun down there, it hought it was just something gay guys could do" line. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

God damn it - that was entertaining.

Got a bit lost in the plot but that doesn't bother me. I like to think that the smart guys onscreen are smarter than I am (I hope they are anyway). The main thing is that the bulk of it and the closure makes sense. Hell, even Raymond Chandler couldn't figure out some of the stuff he wrote himself. Definitely worth many repeated viewings.

Let this slip by me at the flicks like a muppet because I'm too lazy to haul myself out. Would have been great to see with a likeminded audience.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this last night, absolutely LOVED it. So incredibly quotable, with some quite incredible chemistry between Downey Jr. and Kilmer.

I laughed my fucking arse off at the "oh, thank God you had a gun down there, it hought it was just something gay guys could do" line. :)

Some of the quotes in it are amazing...

"you know what you'd see if you looked up the defenition of idiot in the dictionary?"

"a picture of me?"

"no, the defenition of idiot! Which you fucking are!"

Some of the quotes in it are amazing...

"you know what you'd see if you looked up the defenition of idiot in the dictionary?"

"a picture of me?"

"no, the defenition of idiot! Which you fucking are!"

"Don't give up your gay job"

"Its my faggot gun its good for a couple of shots then you drop it for something bigger"

the cast are absolutely spot on. And it has possibly the funniest scene of any movie i've seen this year. you'll know it straight away.

Was it the pissing on a corpse bit? Made me laugh the most. Brilliant film. That or the 'lets bring them all back' little scene at the end.

Was it the pissing on a corpse bit? Made me laugh the most. Brilliant film. That or the 'lets bring them all back' little scene at the end.

yeah the bit where he pissed on the corpse. The cinema I was in was full of very confused people struggling to keep up with the fast talking and plot, but then suddenly they were like "hahaha he pissed on that dead body!!!!". It works for everyone.

• 4 months later...

Saw this at last this evening and thought it was great. Some of the dialogue was just outstanding. I'm not normally a big fan of Downey Jr. but he was superb in this. The narration really worked for me too.

I also saw The Last Boy Scout for the first time about a week ago; I can't believe I'd let that particular gem slip me by.

Last action hero rules.

My only complaint with kiss kiss was the torture scene. When will writers realise that in order for us to relate to the pain of a torture scene we need to have some frame of reference. Thats why marathon Man is so well remembered, cos we've all been to the dentist.

I had this point made to me a few days back and I completely agree. It's like the paper cut scene from Swimming From Sharks; you cringe along with it because you know exactly how much it's hurting.

• 1 year later...