IGNORED

Mother 3 Announced For Gba

Sarlaccfood

Aren't there pastiches of Beatles songs on the soundtrack or something mad like that? There's some kind of issue with music or a musical reference, I'm certain.

Yeah I'm sure I read something about The Who and Chuck Berry in there too.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Polmon said:

This might not be the right place to ask this, but can Mother 3 be played on a SNES mini? 

It’s a GBA game, so unless there’s a GBA emulator for it I don’t think so.

3 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I've not played Earthbound. Should I really play it first?

Hmm, that’s a tough question really. You could make an argument that you should play Earthbound first, but you probably don’t actually really need to. If you’re far into Mother 3 you’d be as well sticking with it.

Dunno, what does everyone else think? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

There’s that whole (massive Mother 3 spoiler)...

Spoiler

recurring character in the form of Porky.

Do we reckon that’s a good enough reason to warrant playing Earthbound first? It’s kind of why I’m saying you could make a really strong argument for doing that.

As cruel a bump as this was I’m always delighted to see Mother 3 get some love. Best JRPG.

I played Mother 3 first for what that’s worth, I don’t think Earthbound is spoiled or a step back doing it that way. Plenty of media has prequels after all, I just looked at it that way. 

14 hours ago, Polmon said:

This might not be the right place to ask this, but can Mother 3 be played on a SNES mini? 

I'm playing it on my SNES Mini right now! And it's working perfectly, using Hakchi 2

12 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Hmm, that’s a tough question really. You could make an argument that you should play Earthbound first, but you probably don’t actually really need to. If you’re far into Mother 3 you’d be as well sticking with it.

Dunno, what does everyone else think? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

There’s that whole (massive Mother 3 spoiler)...

Reveal hidden contents

recurring character in the form of Porky.

Do we reckon that’s a good enough reason to warrant playing Earthbound first? It’s kind of why I’m saying you could make a really strong argument for doing that.

I'm not sure, you'll get more out of that aspect of the game if you've played Earthbound first, but equally, I'm sure it's fine to play Earthbound afterwards and then understand a bit more about what was going on in retrospect. I think the main thing to consider is that Mother 3 is a bit of an easier play - the combat is more engaging, and much less grindy IIRC. It would be a shame to pause M3 to play Earthbound, drop that mid way through and never return to M3, I reckon.

This brings back so many memories; like the moment of pause and meditation when you visit a hot spring.

Never knew Itoi had been radicalised. When I played it 13 years ago I didn't appreciate all the capitalist/fascist themes.