Have You Played On The 360?

Caprylate

You stole my first go on PD0 and now you steal my bragging rights :D

I am now mostly looking forward to PD0, much better than i thought it would be.

come on, tell me more. i want to know whether this is the game worth getting a 360 for?

come on, tell me more. i want to know whether this is the game worth getting a 360 for?

They told us it was 70% complete and imho it looked very good, however i play inverted and i couldn't change during the game so i didn't get that great a run out (maybe 3 or 4 minutes play with a control system i personally can't get on with). Saying that i really did enjoy it, maybe Pickle can give a better view as he doesn't play inverted.

So to answer your question: Maybe :)

Unless it gets slated by the mags then i will be getting it.........maybe

They told us it was 70% complete and imho it looked very good, however i play inverted and i couldn't change during the game so i didn't get that great a run out (maybe 3 or 4 minutes play with a control system i personally can't get on with).  Saying that i really did enjoy it, maybe Pickle can give a better view as he doesn't play inverted.

So to answer your question:  Maybe ;)

Unless it gets slated by the mags then i will be getting it.........maybe

I found it an utter joy to play, even if at 70% completion. It was much more impressive than PGR3, which looked ropey as fuck with masses of slowdown and (according to the stupid woman talking) "the xbox 360, enables graphics to be everywhere" :) PGR3 is definately not on my to-buy list, especially as it was 90% complete. Simply jaw-droppingly poor.

The lack of a jump button was poo on PD0, but the graphics looked next gen and it played well enough. It'll be interesting what discernable differences there will be between what I played today and what the final product will be.

Played like a solid shooter and was 'Pickle's Gold Star' award for quality. Aside from all the leggy blondes walking around.

I went to the Xbox tour in Glasgow yesterday. Took the wife along, which probably not a good idea - "Do you know we're the oldest people here without a child!". Kind of undoing years of "the average age of a gamer is 29, actually" type arguments.

However, with regard to the actual games, it was a bit odd. The game I was most looking forward to was PGR3, and to be honest it looked.. well, to say it looked shit would be a bit unfair, but I honestly believe if you took PGR2 and had it running in Hi Def there probably wouldn't be that much difference.

What was also slightly disturbing was that there didn't seem to be that much graphical difference between games that had just been ported (Gun, Tony Hawks, King Kong) and some of those that were supposedly designed with the system in mind.

On the plus side, Kameo looked lovely, although it's difficult to tell if it'll be another Starfox, and DOA4 is just as much fun as ever.

Most surprislingly though, and it may just be my gaming tastes, was how much fun Perfect Dark Zero was. Given how much sceptical press this has recieved, I wasn't expecting much, but I have to say this was the game I wanted to take home. I just kept coming back to it. It made me realize how much I'd missed pulling of a satisfying headshot.

All in all though, I'll still be buying it at launch, but I'm beginning to worry that those Japanese saying Playstation 2.5 isn't far from the mark.

Project gotham was far superior to Less than perfect dark when I played it.

i don't understand what you mean. was pgr less superior or far superior to pd0?