Have You Played On The 360?

Caprylate

PDO is very mixed, greatly polished here and a bit fucked there. Good guns. Not shit. The character deign is retarded though. And the voice acting. And it's too dark. Looks sweet though.

PGR3 is fucking insane, dood. Geometry Wars 2 is the most exciting thing ever. Buy this.

The pad is excellent and the machine looks pleasant.

ENDS.

The constantly stupid incedental music in it, is shit, and totally gets in the wayof everything. Tells you too much, when you don't need to know certain things. There't not any distinction between it flicking from, everything is ok, you're exploring now, and oh mygod tehres guys with guns trying to kill you bits. Also, rock guitar everywhere. Urgh.

Seems very pretty though, and yeah, the guns are plenty tasty.

Enemy AI seemed a little too basic but it was on the easiest setting so who knows.

PGR 3 is everything.

The machine itself is a little bigger than I expected. The pad's are nice, the triggers and sticks seem a little more relaxed than the standard xbox s pads ever were.

GW2 is what bonfire night is all about.

had a go on the 360 with call of duty 2 demo....quite frankly, i was very disappointed...with all the hype surrounding it, i thought the graphics would be close to real life, but all it was, was a beefed up PC and not even that. the environment looked like standard xbox, and it was only the gun which looked 100% life-like. the controller is very comfortable though. i just hope that the demo wasn't running at the 360's full potential!

[saves time and copies his posting from another forum]

Visited the What TV and Hi-Fi/Stuff Live show on Saturday, they had a couple of demo pods and a 360 being demonstrated as part of a digital lifestyle house.

They ran through the workings of the new dash board and showed it being used as part of a Windows Media Centre hub, very impresive stuff IMHO, not at all likely to appeal to a spotty 16 year old, but for a sad old tech head like me is was class

They streamed audio from an iPOD, running this through the Jeff Minter Visualiser [which looked pretty class] and then showed PD Zero with the iPOD stream replacing the original PDZ sound track, again very impresive IMHO.

Games wise, I got to play 3 laps of PGR3 [London track during daylight] on the display M$ had set up for the demo, a 63" Sharp LCD display...possibly too big for me but PGR3 did look mighty fine, and more importantly played very good.

On this same display I saw PDZ being played, it looked like the build shown at X05....I don't think the level demonstrated [the roof top level with the zip wires] is a good advert for what this game can do, if this is as good as this game can manage graphics wise, I'd pull it from launch and give it some more time in development, certainly didn't look native 720P by any stretch of the imagination...I may be wrong...but its didn't look that good IMHO.

Played Kameo on one of the two demo pods, graphics wise it ticks all the boxes, bright colours...looks like a 720P game should look and has some stunning use of lighting and textures....looks very next gen IMHO, gameplay wise the demo on display looked very shallow although I'm sure I have read on other forums that the level I played is like that and its gets way better as you move on.

I asked the M$ Rep a few questions, would you be able to plug a USB hub into the 360 ? he assured me that you can and they work fine, the other question was in concern to which wireless network a/b/g could be used for streaming from a PC running WMC XP, he wasn't sure so didn't offer an answer...which is fair enough.

Overall I was very impressed, I can't see Sony offering the level of intergration both online and off that the 360 offers, although I do think that the PS3 should be able to compete at least games wise for offline games...

I won't offer a comparision with the Revolution as I don't think we have seen enough detail to make such a judgement.

I've now paid £600 onto the GAME Gift Cards, so come Dec 2nd I think I should be sorted

Sorry if this isn't a very intelligent, nor perhaps a "fair" criticism, but I find all these new titles so devoid of charm and personality. I couldn't care less if they look stunning or not; they're just so predictable. I want a Halo-esque epic, I guess...

Sorry if this isn't a very intelligent, nor perhaps a "fair" criticism, but I find all these new titles so devoid of charm and personality. I couldn't care less if they look stunning or not; they're just so predictable. I want a Halo-esque epic, I guess...

Gears of War?

i reckon only the first week - will have a short supply - just enough to make the news anyway - and then in the week before christmas the shops will be flooded with them..

could be wrong though..

j.m.ratkos works on the distribution side - and less than 2 million are planned to be released before Christmas worldwide (650 000 for the US).

So yeah, no chance it seems.

I'm amazed by the negativity. It's as though everyone is just looking for bad points and ignores the good. It reminds of a driving test:

Examiner - I'm sorry, there's jaggies on the bonnet, you've failed

Candidate - But what about the beautifully realised cityscapes and the amazing sound effects

Examiner - Like I say, you've failed.

I'm amazed by the negativity. It's as though everyone is just looking for bad points and ignores the good. It reminds of a driving test:

Examiner - I'm sorry, there's jaggies on the bonnet, you've failed"

Candidate - But what about the beautifully realised cityscapes and the amazing sound effects

Examiner - Like I say, you've failed.

When most people are "happy enough" with the current generation, it will take nothing more than perfection to get them to come around to another hardware cycle.

It isn't needed yet, frankly, and visual imperfections just highlight how irrelevant new consoles are at the moment.

what he said.

We're being told that mainly the whole reason that the 360 is so awesome is because of TEH GFX. That bloke from Epic what did that IGN thing recently said exactly this... the next generation is all about the graphics.

So, when I go to behold the next generation then I expect my pants to be blown off with the extreme quality of what is presented to me.

But it wasn't... it was pretty much (and in some cases less) than what I've been used to on my PC for the last wee while... and there were jaggies.

When most people are "happy enough" with the current generation, it will take nothing more than perfection to get them to come around to another hardware cycle.

It isn't needed yet, frankly, and visual imperfections just highlight how irrelevant new consoles are at the moment.

I dunno once you've played next gen, the current gen will seem pretty tawdry.

i was talking to an American guy the other week who has HD TV over cable and he said that viewing regular SD content seems awful once you've got used to the HD stuff.

It's a subtler difference this time around, but no one is going to want to go back.

I still maintain that people ought to compare launch titles this gen, to launch titles last gen. People have poor memories, was Tekken 3 that much worse that Tekken Tag? No, but the PS2 has gone on do things the PS1 had no chance of replicating. On the other hand, there hasn't been a better single player fps than the original Halo on the Xbox in its entire life-cycle -- so it should be quite easy for PD0 to do better...

Played through the Kameo demo on a demo pod today... first thing that stuck me is that the visuals aren't a whole lot better, it looked like a high-res version of Stranger's Wrath. It's very sharp and all and there's some nice graphical effects but I hate the visual style, it's really garish.

The gameplay was pretty formulaic, the only surprise was that there was no collectible shit for a change.

The console itself seems smarter than it came across in pictures but it's still pretty bland looking. On a positive note, the controller is really comfortable to hold and use, although Kameo makes a bit too much use of the trigger buttons for my liking, some battles had me hamering them for ages.

It was kind of amusing when people walked by going "There's a new XBox!?" but it wasn't getting much attention at all. The few people that commented on it didn't seem impressed by the graphics.