Gt4 Mobile

Hello Goaty ♥

I reckon it's turned out gash, and looking nowhere near the footage and screens they'd put out before, and they're shitting themselves.

Strangly, I might actually consider it, Colin McRae plays quite well with the stick and it's been a couple of years since I actually played a GT.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/grantu...tml?sid=6136350

Sony's anticipated portable version of Gran Turismo 4 will just have to be a little more anticipated.

TOKYO--It seems like a Gran Turismo game just wouldn't be a Gran Turismo game without a delay or two.

Very little has been reported on Gran Turismo 4 Mobile since about a year ago, when Polyphony Digital president Kazunori Yamauchi stated that the game is in development for release in spring 2005. Obviously, it didn't make that date, but how much longer will consumers have to wait for the game?

According to the latest update on Sony Computer Entertainment's upcoming game schedule, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile (tentative title) is now slated for release during 2006 in Japan. It seems that gamers will still have to wait a bit longer to get their hands on the PSP version of Sony's hit racing simulator.

Posted: October 24th 2005

There are quite a few racing games for the PSP so the delay i can live with tbh, besides I doubted very much that GT would be released within 2 yrs of the consoles Japanese launch, even then it will be a further delay for the western release.

If it is the same dumb AI as the home version, then I will probably give it a miss. I have not bought either of the PS2 versions as GT3 was just a graphically enhanced GT2; but less cars. GT4; I simply could not be bothered with....

It's not as if the PSP can incorporate a Logitec Steering Wheel, so "real driving simulator" or whatever the by line is with the PS2 version will not apply on the PSP.

after playing TOCA on the PSP, i cannot imagine Polyphonys car AI being up to the task.

It will just be a car collect em up really....

There are quite a few racing games for the PSP so the delay i can live with tbh, besides I doubted very much that GT would be released within 2 yrs of the consoles Japanese launch, even then it will be a further delay for the western release.

If it is the same dumb AI as the home version, then I will probably give it a miss. I have not bought either of the PS2 versions as GT3 was just a graphically enhanced GT2; but less cars. GT4; I simply could not be bothered with....

It's not as if the PSP can incorporate a Logitec Steering Wheel, so "real driving simulator" or whatever the by line is with the PS2 version will not apply on the PSP.

after playing TOCA on the PSP, i cannot imagine Polyphonys car AI being up to the task.

It will just be a car collect em up really....

Oh come on now people.

It's Gran Turismo, on a friggin' handheld !

I just know you will all buy it.

• 3 months later...

I'm guess it'll be as dull as ever with only the link up mode being any good and able to showcase some nice driving technique.

I sometimes wish poly would concentrate on other projects rather then GT, GT, GT!!!. Oh and that bike game.

A new Motor Toon GP would be quite nice. Certainly something to rival Mario Kart.

• 3 years later...

From what i've seen i reckon this is being underplayed. I think graphically it'll certain be on a par with the PS2 version.

Amazing number of cars though. I'd think i'd rather have fewer cars and LOTS more tracks although i see one of them has a massive white Bridge.