IGNORED

Xbox 360 Live Marketplace

hub2

I like Asteroids, but it's needs to be updated to be worth buying again.

It will be if it follows the Centipede/Millipede and Missile Command template. They had visually enhanced 'evolved' modes and the super fast 'throttle monkey' mode, so I'd expect Asteroids will do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Redwood City, CA - October 26, 2007 - Mark your calendars! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Burnout™ Paradise will be in stores January 22, 2008 in North America. Experience a piece of Paradise City by downloading the demo this December on the PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace. Designed specifically for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360™ videogame system

Excellent.

http://www.criteriongames.com/burnout/para...ndex_071026.php

Anyone tried the new Frontline demo?

It meant to be anygood?

It is OK but it will struggle when compared to COD 4 which is a much better game by far. The download is 1.9GB which is taken up by lengthy cut-scenes before the game starts. The game feels leaden in its pace with slow action and enemies that accept that they are just targets. I would say that saving your bandwidth is a wise decision.

After the demo it said that the full game was free-roaming. Are they talking oblivion standards? because in the demo you were told to go back if you strayed too far from the battle zone, but I can see how it could be done, just adding extra objectives like they were quests or somesuch.

I enjoyed the bit with the tanks at the end of the demo, because my tank got blown up pretty quickly but I was able to stay alive and use guerilla tactics on the rest of the tanks with grenades, a rocket launcher and some RC explosives :(

Demo of Frontlines is a bit annoying, very very slow paced, controls are also a bit odd (probably just cause I'm so used to CoD4). It does seem to be trying to be a little different from other military FPS's, at least. It's also graphically nothing like the videos.

I tried to download the Operation Darkness demo from Japanese marketplace earlier and it told me that it wasn't available in my region.

I thought it was only US video marketplace stuff that was locked like this.

Used to be. Changed since the last update. I wanted to try Op Darkness too.

Dark Messiah: Elements Demo is now on Live.

I quite liked the demo of this. Graphics didn't look too hot, but the armed combat had a nice meaty feel to it. I especially liked the kick where you knock back an opponent. It's a step up from the combat in Oblivion, that's for sure.