IGNORED

Xbox 360 Live Marketplace

hub2

Anyone that grabs the Metro today will find the WHOLE paper covered in 360 ads.

Nice, I guess. But it felt way too much.

I'm surprised the Metro would carry such ads, after having a go at gamers previously. :)

I'm grabbing the Rainbow Six MP demo and my 'standby/central power thingy on the ring of light' is flashing, is that a feature of the new dash? ...

Mine did that once about three months ago, also while I was downloading something big. It didn't seem to cause any problems and it's never done it since. I put it down to a minor glitch.

Oblivion: Knights of the Nine

from Xbox Live's Major Nelson by Major Nelson

The following ‘Oblivion’ content is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for all regions:

Name: Knights of the Nine

Price: 800 Points

Available in: All Xbox Live Regions

Dash Details: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. You must heed the call, reclaim the lost relics of the Divine Crusader, and return the Nine to glory. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.

.::: Tempted, but for 800pts I want to know how big it is... Going to sit this one out.

HD stuff?

Yeah, Microsoft are supposedly launching their HD download service for movies and TV shows today. In the US, no doubt.

Hopefully a US sign-in will let you access all the content like the demos on the marketplace at the moment. I've just realised that even if that does work, I won't be able to use the Marketplace points from my other account. Gah!

Apologies if this has been mentioned, and resloved before, but I downloaded the Top Spin demo a week or so ago. The missus likes tennis games but thinks they lack longevity and I thought It'd be the perfect way to counter that.

So I download it and try to start it up, only to be told the game 'doesn't run in pal 50 mode. Please switch your display to pal 60'. I think 'hang on, this can't be right?' as I have a brand new Panny plasma. I go to the display options and sure enough, It's already in pal 60 mode :lol:

Anyone else encountered this problem, or have any clues as to a solution?

Thanks!

Yeah, Microsoft are supposedly launching their HD download service for movies and TV shows today. In the US, no doubt.

Hopefully a US sign-in will let you access all the content like the demos on the marketplace at the moment. I've just realised that even if that does work, I won't be able to use the Marketplace points from my other account. Gah!

I think we'd figured out that it would be possible to use the 2100pt cards that you can buy.

Is Small Arms out yet? Any impressions?

I've only played the single player trial, but it's a bit dull really. It's nowhere near as frantic as the Smash Bros. games, and it takes far to much time to kill anything. It might pick up online, but it's not really worth the expense, in my humble opinion.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, and resloved before, but I downloaded the Top Spin demo a week or so ago. The missus likes tennis games but thinks they lack longevity and I thought It'd be the perfect way to counter that.

So I download it and try to start it up, only to be told the game 'doesn't run in pal 50 mode. Please switch your display to pal 60'. I think 'hang on, this can't be right?' as I have a brand new Panny plasma. I go to the display options and sure enough, It's already in pal 60 mode :)

Anyone else encountered this problem, or have any clues as to a solution?

Thanks!

I had that problem too. See these 2 posts

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=3528716

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=3528733