Harry Potter

Seerow

There's so much more interesting stuff I want to read, I am happy to just watch the films to be honest, I don't think potter is worth the investment of reading the books.

They're fairly easy going though. I don't read like a supercomputer and I ploughed through the latest tome in under a week.

The books are definately more rewarding than the movies. For one thing Harry seems an edgier more mischevious sort. I dont mind Daniel Radcliffes portrayal but the character comes across to me as too much of a little goodie two shoes.

Still this latest film looks pretty good from the trailer. Im sure it'll be a good reason to chow down on some sugary treats if nothing else!

The books are definately more rewarding than the movies. For one thing Harry seems an edgier more mischevious sort. I dont mind Daniel Radcliffes portrayal but the character comes across to me as too much of a little goodie two shoes.

I've only watched about ten minutes of one of the films, stopping for precisely that reason, as everyone seemed to be far more 'upper class' and (I suppose you have hit on the right term there) 'goodie two shoes' compared to how I'd always imagined it, and didn't want the lesser movie versions imposing themselves onto future books.

Just came back from seeing it, and I was pleasantly surprised as I've not seen the first 3 films (though I have read all the books). I agreed to see it at midnight kind of on the spur of the moment, but I don't half feel like a geek now. Thankfully there were loads of time-rich students in there as well as my friends and I.

The film seems to move at breakneck speed, and I couldn't help but feel that it was outpacing itself throughout. On the whole it worked in its favour though, as generally speaking the entire film grabs you and throws you headfirst back to your days as an awkward teenager, and it would miss the point if it gave you time to reflect on it.

They should have made more of the hot french chicks though, and Ron still can't act for shite. It's still the most enjoyable film I'm seen this year though, and I'd recommend it to anyone with an open mind and a liking for teenage angst-lite. :)

The film seems to move at breakneck speed, and I couldn't help but feel that it was outpacing itself throughout. On the whole it worked in its favour though, as generally speaking the entire film grabs you and throws you headfirst back to your days as an awkward teenager, and it would miss the point if it gave you time to reflect on it.

sounds like the direction they took with prisoner of azkaban then. You know, cos they were long books.

Ahh, I knew I recognise that guy. He doesn't really have a massive part to play, but I guess it's nice he's in it.

He should get on with Doctor Who though, really.

Shave, um I imagine the potter movie wrapped way before he started on Who.

Small part but V V important to the story :P

I'm seeing this on Sunday, hopefully. I'm stupidly giddy with excitement. It's like being a kid again.

Try reading the books, they're better than the films, and I'm being absolutely honest here.  For one the films cut so much out, it's just not the same...

But if you've not read the books, you won't notice any stuff missing.

Oh lordy. The review on Teletext is the worst review I've ever read. Pg 315 on channel 4. It's truly dreadful, it really is.

Wanna post it?

Even with not reading the books it felt like large portions of story were missing, and things I would have liked to have seen. It's very much from the perspective of Potter, which is fair enough, but I would have liked to see what the other characters were up to at times.

Be given a look at the other dragons, one really poor shot of the mini version of the green one wasn't really enough.

Is this the one when the first character died? And a big deal was made of it? But it was total red-shirt style?

WARGH! Just got back and I loved it.

Fleur was one hot piece of woman :lol:

It did move very fast but it had a lot to cram in.

Every time the Avada Kedavra curse was performed I smiled, it just seemed so cool. The bit with Harrys parents at the end was very emotional. I LOVED LORD VOLDEMORT. He looked evil and all his magic was done with panache, perhaps more evil than the emperor from star wars :(

Fleur wasn't nearly as hot as in my mind when I read the book, but when I read the book she was pure premature ejaculation so I guess that's probably a good thing. She seemed to have like 6 or 7 cheekbones though.

When all the Beauxbatons girls trot in and do that sighing thing I felt funny though, I really did. <_<

Fleur wasn't nearly as hot as in my mind when I read the book, but when I read the book she was pure premature ejaculation so I guess that's probably a good thing. She seemed to have like 6 or 7 cheekbones though.

When all the Beauxbatons girls trot in and do that sighing thing I felt funny though, I really did. ;)

I know what you mean. When I first saw her from the trailer and things, I thought she was a bit of disappointment, but in the scene with the swimsuit, and in the beauxbatons uniform, she looks great. She has one hell of an arse.

One hell of an arse.

Is she really tall, or is Radcliffe just a midget?

But yes, great film. And one hell of an arse.

Has anyone else noticed a lack of hype for this one when compared to the other 3?

Ok, there was that thing on ITV last night, but apart from that there seems to have been little high visibility promotion.

Narnia, on the other hand, is all over the place.

Has anyone else noticed a lack of hype for this one when compared to the other 3?

Possibly true but the cinema I went to was completely packed. The earlier showing (7:30) was fully booked and I think they sold out of the showing we went to (8:00). When we left at 11ish there was a massive queue of people going in to the late showing.

It's ages since I've seen a full cinema.