IGNORED

Labyrinth

Max M

• 7 years later...

I had seen his face one of twice but i didnt know 7 times.

Man Labyrinth was a good film. Still remember jumping around the living room with my brother listening to "dance magic dance" whilst we stuffed pillows down our pants to pretend to be

like david bowie.

CGMF you just blew my mind. Labyrinth is one of my all time favourites and I only ever spotted a couple of the faces!

I'm still amazed hardly anyone remembers the computer game. Lucasarts doing graphic adventures pre SCUMM with Douglas Adams designing the puzzles. (I think some of the core for it was used in their 80's Second Life style Habitat as well.)

CGMF you just blew my mind. Labyrinth is one of my all time favourites and I only ever spotted a couple of the faces!

I'm still amazed hardly anyone remembers the computer game. Lucasarts doing graphic adventures pre SCUMM with Douglas Adams designing the puzzles. (I think some of the core for it was used in their 80's Second Life style Habitat as well.)

a game? i didnt know they made that. if id have known it was on the c64 id probably have played it back in the day.

a game? i didnt know they made that. if id have known it was on the c64 id probably have played it back in the day.

It's quite clever and devious. You need to use the shift and cursor keys to move the 'word wheels" if you're thinking of giving it a try.

labyrinth.gif

My favourate film of all time :)

If you check ebay you can buy metal replicas of the door knockers in the helping hands scene, might look a bit out of place on my house though. This film had everything, ocasionally you meet people who havent seen it, show it to them and then they agree its awesome. This was rented out a bunch of times on betemax when growing up, this and troll (what were we thinking?) I always liked the fiery dance scene but when hi def came along it doesn't look so good.

Dark crystal is also great but needs more fizzgig, as for mirrormask I hadn't even heard of it till a few years back, got the DVD and it was ok but I spent most of the time thinking isn't that the guy who presents... isn't that guy regularly on buzzcocks? Good film though.

If you check ebay you can buy metal replicas of the door knockers in the helping hands scene, might look a bit out of place on my house though. This film had everything, ocasionally you meet people who havent seen it, show it to them and then they agree its awesome. This was rented out a bunch of times on betemax when growing up, this and troll (what were we thinking?) I always liked the fiery dance scene but when hi def came along it doesn't look so good.

Dark crystal is also great but needs more fizzgig, as for mirrormask I hadn't even heard of it till a few years back, got the DVD and it was ok but I spent most of the time thinking isn't that the guy who presents... isn't that guy regularly on buzzcocks? Good film though.

I always thought the fiery dance was a bit disapointing compared to the rest of the film. I have seen in HD and it looks pretty bad. Still, no film is perfect.

I showed the film to my wife who had never seen it, she didn't like it :(

I love this film, bits of it really scared the shit out of me when I saw it in the cinema as a kid. Great soundtrack too, which I regularly listen to on spotify.

I always liked the fiery dance scene but when hi def came along it doesn't look so good.

Downside of old style film compositing, it degrades the quality with each pass. What shocked me when I watched it last year on Netflix was just how clear everything was (espicially compared to a VHS version taped in off TV in the early '90s). The puppetry and practical/in-camera effects, I assume their mattes are composited but that's only one extra exposure. So the fire dance really does stick out in quality terms.

If you haven't caught up with Being Elmo do so since he worked on Labyrinth.

• 4 years later...
14 hours ago, the_buddha_of_gaming said:

I watched this for something like the fiftieth time a few days ago and amazingly noticed that Sarah has a copy of the very old Games Workshop Judge Dredd board game on her shelf (not my screen grab). Her bedroom's amazing. 

BJvJwzpCMAEuqpo.jpg

There's a Judge Dredd T-Shirt in The Princess Bride too:

SnapShot_180511_163558.png.bb36f57d3bc018affda4cef59db59410.png

• 9 months later...

Rise from your grave! It's time to talk Labyrinth again!

I've watched it a few times as an adult and I've come around to being completely on Sarah's side. As a kid I couldn't understand why she wouldn't just take the deal and run away with the goblin king. As an adult I see him in a very different light. It's the best fairy tale.