Hitman: Blood Money

And if you haven't already, try placing a bomb on the chandelier and detonating it onto the bloke when he trips up running to see the man who has been shot.

I loved setting the bomb, switching the guns, then finding a vantage point to watch both 'accidents' in quick sucession, before walking calmly away through the chaos. A great feeling of a job well done.

I like sniping the guy on stage from the lighting balcony at the top. If you time it with the gunshot in their practice, no one notices.

Hmm, I couldn't get away with that. Do you have to kill certain people or do something to not get spotted from there?

I've found that the Light Control room is the only plausible place to snipe from, you just get spotted everywhere else. Curiously, even if you do kill the tenor from there, timing your gunshot with the music, his guards race with him onto the stage and form a protective cordon which they don't do if the other target is killed with the planted gun.

I've played Curtain Down so many times, but I've never even managed to find the keycard for the light room above the mezzanine. Where is it?

It's on one of the floors just behind and above the stage, there's a security guard and a workman there, with some offices at the end. If you wait until the workman leaves the offices you can go in and swipe the card, or alternativly sabotage the junction box in the nearby toilet and get the workman there as he also has a card.

I'm having problems back at the start with the father and son mafioso. at the party at the villa.

I wanna run and gun!

Not being funny but you might want to knock the game on the head, then. Hitman is fun for a little while as a mad run and gun but the real meat of the game is learning the levels, the people in them, then planning out your own deliciously fiendish hit, that's where the sense of achievement lies.

Not being funny but you might want to knock the game on the head, then. Hitman is fun for a little while as a mad run and gun but the real meat of the game is learning the levels, the people in them, then planning out your own deliciously fiendish hit, that's where the sense of achievement lies.

I disagree - granted the game rewards you for doing that, but I think what's so great about the game is the fact that it doesn't dictate how you should play it.

SeanR - Get all the weapons you can carry and waste them all! I'd make your first kill one of the targets though, so you've got a headstart.

I came back and did that level that way. I felt slightly appalled with myself afterwards.

I disagree - granted the game rewards you for doing that, but I think what's so great about the game is the fact that it doesn't dictate how you should play it.

Sure, but flaws become more immediatly apparent with the run and gun approach, seeming to suggest that they spent more time honing the game to react to one strategy better than another. Take the comical rag-doll physics which have people flying and flapping all over the place when they're stitched with machine-gun fire. Not to mention the A.I which, while refined over previous games in what it will and won't allow you to do in regards to disguises/areas, still bundles one guard after another into a room while you mow them down at the doorway, forming a mountain of corpses which fails to disuade the others.

I find run and gun is most satisfying as a stress-release after you've been trying to nail the level in stealthy fashion ten times over, just load up with weapons, murder the entire population of the level, smile, then go back and try it again the first way.

I never really do run-and-gun and I don't really think the game's meant to be played that way. The gunfight mechanics are sort of just there to fall back on in a pinch or if you're improvising. They're hardly worth playing th game for.

I think the gunfight mechanics are pretty impressive. When - as frequently happens - my attempts to sedate an orderly in the basement bit of the medical wing of Flatline go tits up I have long gunfights with bodyguards and policemen - this on Pro - shifting in and out of the cover of a handy door while the enemies take refuge behind walls. In this way I can take down five or six of them before having to fall back. Come to think of it, I should use mines as grenades in those situations.

Problems getting SA rating on Pro on the level 'The Murder of Crows', no idea what I'm doing wrong, details below of what I'm doing and all the stuff I've tried:

Initially I followed the delivery guy in red bird suit and sedated him in the alleyway, placing a mine in his suitcase and waiting for him to come to and deliver. Then I'd blow it and kill Mark Parchessi ( or whoever ), but this detonation coupled with me using the mine to destroy the piano rope and crush Angelina Mason gave me a block in the 'noise' column on my debrief, so I decided to vary tactics. My current runthrough is to run straight to the piano alley, climb the drainpipe to the shack, and snipe Parchessi when he comes out onto the balcony ( silencer so no-one below is aware of it ). Then I head to the rock bar alleyway, sedate a waiter, nick his uniform and hide him in the dumpster, then check the rock bar, salsa bar, blues bar etc, till I find the sniper. I sneak up behind and poison him, taking his walkie-talkie to determine the location of Mason, then wait till she heads into the piano alley and detonate the mine, dropping the piano on her head.

That's it, but I still get 'professional' rating, I even hid Mason's body after she got crushed by the piano as I thought an extra 'body found' would count against me even if it was an accident kill, but that didn't make any difference. Is killing Parchessi with a mine or sniper rifle where I'm falling down? I've tried poisoning him but even after I've hid the body the bird guard outside his room comes in and opens fire on me, apparently another alternative is to shove him off the balcony, maybe that's the only possibility to get SA ranking.

Any advice appreciated, as I keep feeling like I've pulled off the perfect hit but the game can't recognise it. :unsure:

Parchezzi has a guard walk into his office every so often for a bit of a snoop around.

Maybe he's seeing the body on the balcony? Can't remember if he looks in that direction or not.

Spoiler (If you like to figure it out for yourself)

I had to go up close and personal- disguising myself in the delivery costume- going into the office and exhuming him, then quickly stuffing his body into the fridge in the corner of the room before his guard returned.

I also seem to remember that walking into the office with the briefcase causes suspicion if you don't 'make the deal'. So I did what any a good Hitman does- hide in the closet. the suspicion meter went down after a while, meaning the guard would go about his routine.

Leaving me and my target- dressed as birds.

My method for Murder of Crows:

Follow delivery guy, sedate him when he stops in the alley and dump his body in skip (change uniform), take the diamonds. Go over to the far left to the piano and drop the diamonds on the ground after you've climbed up to stop them exciting the police. Stick a bomb on the winch. Go to the main hideout. Wait for the yellow guard having a cigarette to go back inside and then run round the corner to find a yellow guard having a smoke next to a skip sedate him and steal his threads. Then head inside and up to Parchezzi. You need to strangle him as soon as the guard leaves the room and he has his back to you. quick tap x to just snap his neck, grab his walkie and desert eagle and then dump him in the chest freezer (this is very tight). Once that's done Mason should be just about at the piano so go and sort her out. Then go after your fella. Take out the waiter with a pistol whip or just sneak in around the back of the required bar.

Argh, this is ridiculous. I was so sure I Silent Assasinned "A Vintage Year" this morning but it gave me Professional. What I did was nip in over the wall and up the drainpipe, shoved the first guy off the balcony, sedated the guard sleeping on the sofa, nicked his clothes, nipped downstairs, poisoned the other bloke, hid his body in the box thing, went back upstairs, got my suit back, escaped over the flat roof, went down the cliff thing at the back, sedated another guard and escaped. I'm positive neither of the sedated guards spotted me. The only thing I can think of is that maybe someone spotted the second bloke's body (I didn't bother to hide it since there was no one around and I was about to escape).

Unrelated question, if you're caught sneaking in somewhere and asked to leave, does that count against your rating? That didn't happen here, but I could've done it easier by just walking straight out of the villa, being spotted by a guard as I'm at the door.

Either way, I love this game even more now that I've started attempting Silent Assassin. It's like a whole new game. I almost wished they'd made it a bit harder when you're not going for SA, since it's a bit too easy to fudge a solution. Especially in Curtain Down, you can finish it in about thirty seconds if you don't mind causing a rumpus.

Unrelated question, if you're caught sneaking in somewhere and asked to leave, does that count against your rating? That didn't happen here, but I could've done it easier by just walking straight out of the villa, being spotted by a guard as I'm at the door.

I don't think it does, no. I fled through the engine room in 'Death on the Mississipi' wearing my suit and the warn level went into the yellow, yet I was still able to complete it with a 'Silent Assassin' rating.

Managed five SA ratings on Pro last night, woo! Shame there's no achievement for SAing every level in Pro though, and the lack of stackable achievements, such as expecting you to go back and complete rookie and normal modes seperatly for points even if you've done expert and professional is retarded. Found out some of the 'secret' achievements after prodding around on the net so I shall be trying to nab some of those too, although the achievements for fully upgrading your weapons confuse me - I've now got a W2000 sniper-rifle with all the best parts bought for it ( can't have some parts with others, etc ) yet nothing has happened, do I have to take it into a mission or what?

I don't think it does, no. I fled through the engine room in 'Death on the Mississipi' wearing my suit and the warn level went into the yellow, yet I was still able to complete it with a 'Silent Assassin' rating.

Blimey, good work. I gave up being stealthy on that one - ended up getting to the main guy with a poisoned cake and had to shoot my way out after fluffing up one of the guards.

Argh, this is ridiculous. I was so sure I Silent Assasinned "A Vintage Year" this morning but it gave me Professional. What I did was nip in over the wall and up the drainpipe, shoved the first guy off the balcony, sedated the guard sleeping on the sofa, nicked his clothes, nipped downstairs, poisoned the other bloke, hid his body in the box thing, went back upstairs, got my suit back, escaped over the flat roof, went down the cliff thing at the back, sedated another guard and escaped. I'm positive neither of the sedated guards spotted me. The only thing I can think of is that maybe someone spotted the second bloke's body (I didn't bother to hide it since there was no one around and I was about to escape).
Unfortunately a technician comes out of the lift down in the seaplane hangar, he likely saw the body.

Only if you manage to turn the danger metre up to red.

Unfortunately a technician comes out of the lift down in the seaplane hangar, he likely saw the body.

That must have been it. I did it again today though with success. :( It certainly becomes much easier if you nip down to the hanger first, like a walkthrough suggested. I SA'd Flatline as well, although I thought I'd fucked it when A Body Had Been Discovered: Authorities Were Becoming Suspicious but they must've decided that it was just an innocent accident that poison ended up in that guy's beer bottle. Getting into the secure wing was really tricky though! I tried for ages in the underground passage with the ol' sedative in the coffee trick but the guard kept rumbling me. In the end I just injected him in that little alcove bit with the body-hiding place and managed to hide him in the nick of time.

No more walkthroughs for this game, it sucks the fun right out - especially since there's only usually one main way to get an SA.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm replaying this, so I can pick up some achievements I missed last time. Blimey, such a good game. Shame I fucked up my SA rating at the very end of the Heaven and Hell mission though. At least I got the special gun out this time.

I really hope IO is hard at work on the next one.

I don't see how you can fluff that, really. Although I think I fluffed mine on the Bjork soundalike. I just blew her up with a mine. Slight overkill but nevermind.

I did everything perfectly, but got spotted when trying to find the the escape car. Meter in red, me fucked. Ah well, it's the kind of game that you can play over and over.

What's everyone's fave 'accident' btw?

It's so hard to choose, but I played the 'You better watch out...' mission again this day. I previously killed Bingham jr. by spiking his drink with the aphrodisiac, following him and killing him by pushing him over the balcony when he returns from his fuck session. This time I shot out the bottom of the pool from the pier, something I read and would've never come up with myself. Very nice.