The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

That's where the free-ride ends tho - everything else - the other 2 wings and the remainder of those 2 - is just NAILS NAILS NAILS harder than they are - those 2 are really your 'starter for 10' :P

Pity we gave up tonight tho - 4 more gargolyes and Pinkmoon/Gramme and our MT would have shared a SERVER FIRST for Tier 3 armour :lol::P

We dont really know for sure how hard the rest of the Deathknight Wing is as we didnt go any further, same with the spider wing really.

Also, Morphling would have gotten the tier 3 druid boots from the Razuvious kill, along with Gramme and Moofs tier 3 bracers. Morphling only needs another 38 splinters for the staff btw...

We dont really know for sure how hard the rest of the Deathknight Wing is as we didnt go any further, same with the spider wing really.

Also, Morphling would have gotten the tier 3 druid boots from the Razuvious kill, along with Gramme and Moofs tier 3 bracers. Morphling only needs another 38 splinters for the staff btw...

Um... another 38 splinters *and* the legendary drops from Kel'thuzad and Ouro, you mean... :lol:

Was kinda sad to have missed completing Echoes Of War last night; getting the Frostfire Bracers would have been supersweet. Should be good to go on Monday or Tuesday though, assuming we clear BWL on Sunday.

Can't really decide what enchant to go for on them - mana regen or my usual +9 STA?

I've started a dwarven priest on a Normal realm now, it's nice to be wanted. :lol:

Can anyone point me towards any levelling guides that they can recommend for alliance based characters?

In other news I'm trying to get the materials together for the Robe of the Void (got to 300 tailoring last night) grinding for an hour in jadenar(sp?) last nigth got me one whole felcloth and no demonic runes. :P

I've started a dwarven priest on a Normal realm now, it's nice to be wanted. :lol:

Can anyone point me towards any levelling guides that they can recommend for alliance based characters?

In other news I'm trying to get the materials together for the Robe of the Void (got to 300 tailoring last night) grinding for an hour in jadenar(sp?) last nigth got me one whole felcloth and no demonic runes. :P

There's another Satyr camp further north in Felwood that has far better drop rates for both. Its right at the far north as the road bends to the right I think

There's another Satyr camp further north in Felwood that has far better drop rates for both. Its right at the far north as the road bends to the right I think

Thanks for that dude, I'll try there tonight I would go to Ashenvale but for the last month or so the place is being continuously farmed by the same lvl 60 ally hunters (no matter what the time of day or indeed night) they will put up with you for a bit but eventually will gank you just to drive you off, right pain in the arse when I had to kill some mobs there for my warlock lvl 50 pet quest. :lol:

The "Stoneskin" Gargoyles are HILARIOUS tho - the funniest thing I've ever seen in WoW.

When they get to 'around' 30% health they cast a stoneform which will totally heal them - to 100% - after 6 seconds - so you have 6 seconds to kill them (I suspect they don't attack during this time?).

To give you some idea what that involves - we had 39 BWL-geared people unloading EVERYTHING WE HAD and it took about 6 reheals to kill one.

We eventually got it with a bit of co-ordination, every trinket we had AND the healers throwing DPS too :lol::P

Hilarious...

I've seen a video from the test realms where a raid group spent 20 minutes trying to take down just one of those gargoyles. We did consider trying out the necromancer wing last night but after spending the best part of an hour in the abomination wing with it's respawning ghey slimes which foloowed with a wipe on a group of different slow moving slimes which which hit like a high-speed train to the face, we decided we should try anub again.

Anub is easier than the Twemps - 90% of the skill is coordinating the MT, his 'Aspect' Hunter and the healers whilst the rest of the raid just need to do UNGODLY DPS on the adds and NOT DIE EVER.

Unfortunately that's the problem. It's either the mt can't see when anub starts his locust swarm(being a dorf means he has a really shit viewpoint) or the healers keep running into the swarm to heal him as he's running, die and then fuck everyone over.

That must have been nearly 8 hours we spent on the guy across two raids and I've yet to see the main tank make it to the other side, no healers dead and the add being off-tanked properly.

Um... another 38 splinters *and* the legendary drops from Kel'thuzad and Ouro, you mean... :lol:

Hopefully the head and base will be like the Essence of the Firelord, automatic drops once you have all the splinters/both bindings. Let's face it, it will still take a while to create it anyway, even if you get 3 splinters a week, and whatever it is that Sargeras has left behind in the staff is far from likely to be the pushover Thunderaan is.

Those screeshots from the Test Realms of taking the Corrupted Ashbringer into the Scarlet Monastery were interesting. If it's true, that particular story apprently follows on into and ends in Outland. The strange thing is that -25 Stam and the AD rep ruining effect apart, the corrupted version blows the normal version out of the water going by the existing stats. They may buff it but if they do, won't it just be ruiningly imba?

Give more questlines!

As for the gargoyles, CoS, CoE, CoR, Shadow Weaving, use trinkets, sharp sticks, harsh language, the kitchen sink?

Felcloth: Satyrs to the North in Felwood are great - if they're not camped which they WILL be - Satyrs on the North 'arm' of Azshara are similar, there are 3 camps, usually one will be free.

Naxx Difficulty: You don't need to go further to see the ramp-up in skill that's going on in there - it worries me a bit for 2 reasons.

1 ) It's not like we're going to gear-up our players a great-deal more now - odd drops from BWL will add a couple of stat points - a couple of people getting their 'wishlists' completed will added 10-15 dps/equiv healing to them - but it's not a BIG improvement we stand to get - not the diff between starting and ending BWL for example - neither will be get much from Naxx until then (Bracers, Boots and random bits) - all smallish upgrades.

2 ) There's a pattern in the first 2 bosses in Naxx of 'individual achievement required' - Anub requires amazing skill/concentration from the MT/Hunter/Healer 'pack' and Razuvious requires the Priests to have truly sussed/geared-up their MC rotation - if this is the pattern they've chosen, I dread to think as it means each boss will be a STEEP curve for a few players - I just hope we have the high-attendance people we need at the time!!!

As for Anub himself, your attempts should concentrate 101% on getting the MT across the room and back a few times safely - whislt the remaining 35/6 people just stay alive (the easy bit). The mods to call-out the Swarm etc. are getting better but it's more a matter of practice for the 'Anub team' than anything else - when they've cracked it - you're done... (Your MT does have SpellAlert set to HUGE LETTERS of course!?)

p.s. mages on corpses to frostnova scarabs - Warlocks and Priests on fear duty when they break as scarabs seem to have an 'intended target' and are very hard/possibly impossible to break aggro from it - Hunters prio is killing Scarabs heading for the Anub team and NO ONE overaggros or that's a wipe.

So I finally got around to buying this.

Having just had a quick scan through this folder it seems the interest has died down in this recently.

Is there any point me starting this now, everyone seems to be on level 60 which I'm guessing I'm not going to get to for bloody ages.

So, does anyone want to show a complete noob the ropes?

Please?

So I finally got around to buying this.

Having just had a quick scan through this folder it seems the interest has died down in this recently.

Is there any point me starting this now, everyone seems to be on level 60 which I'm guessing I'm not going to get to for bloody ages.

Please?

Have a look through the "Demo Get" thread. There are a few people whove just started so you can team up with them I expect

Please?

I've just started again on Aerie Peak (normal) and have a lvl 10 dwarf priest (Squatty) on the go. As well as two characters on Ahn'Qiraj (pvp) lvl 21 warrior (Muddywalter) lvl 60 warlock (Boneym). Splitting my time between the two servers equally at the moment, although it wouldn't take you long to catch up with Squatty. So if you fancy joining either of those add me to your friends I'd be more than happy to show you the ropes, do some adventuring, but if you want to hang out with more of the rllmuk guys it might be worth checking out Jacks post about the demo to see what realm he and others have signed up to.

Thanks for that dude, I'll try there tonight I would go to Ashenvale but for the last month or so the place is being continuously farmed by the same lvl 60 ally hunters (no matter what the time of day or indeed night) they will put up with you for a bit but eventually will gank you just to drive you off, right pain in the arse when I had to kill some mobs there for my warlock lvl 50 pet quest. <_<

The joy of Chinese gold farmers. Gank them first, they fucking deserve it.

Those screeshots from the Test Realms of taking the Corrupted Ashbringer into the Scarlet Monastery were interesting. If it's true, that particular story apprently follows on into and ends in Outland. The strange thing is that -25 Stam and the AD rep ruining effect apart, the corrupted version blows the normal version out of the water going by the existing stats. They may buff it but if they do, won't it just be ruiningly imba?

The old Ashbringer is iLevel 76 and the Corrupted one is 86.

Thanks for the advice on where to go for the felcloth guys, I had the place to pretty much to myself for 3 hours yesterday and an hour this morning (well a lvl 52 hunter did start shooting me whilst I was engaging 3 mobs but I swatted him aside without too much trouble).

Just made the robe.:D

Thanks for the advice on where to go for the felcloth guys, I had the place to pretty much to myself for 3 hours yesterday and an hour this morning (well a lvl 52 hunter did start shooting me whilst I was engaging 3 mobs but I swatted him aside without too much trouble).

Just made the robe.:D

Nice one. Grats.

Got my 1st Neffy kill tonight, and a Ring Of Blackrock off Flamegor <_<

Just wanna say thanks to Gramme Vurt and Khaz for helping me get in to chimera just what I needed in the game.

And Vurt nice pull on Vael :)

Think Blizzard are determined that we get no time on Nef at the moment.

After a few weeks of Timelapse Chrom and finally getting back there two weeks ago the server seems to be fucked half the time we go to BWL.

Last week it was the Thusday half the raid couldn't play, so we had to reschedule for the Tuesday, and raid a night we don't normally. Went well but not enough time.

This week we cleared all the way to Chromaggus on the Thursday night, and try to head back today, and half our raid have over 20k latency and DC every minute. So fukcing infuriating.

And Vurt nice pull on Vael :)

Woke everyone-the-fuck up didn't it?

MUST remember to check my UI on my main after I've fiddled with it on alts tho <_<

and thanks to Blizzard - who's server ejected us all on Razor (wipe) then lagged-us-to-death on Firemaw (wipe) - otherwise your game failed to cause us any problems - thanks again now!

I was half expecting it to do the same on half the other bosses. At least it didnt happen to us like it did to Acheron on Nefarian at 22% <_<

Still a bit pissed that my gloves still havent dropped for like the 6th or 7th week running though icon2.gif

Still a bit pissed that my gloves still havent dropped for like the 6th or 7th week running though icon2.gif

TS gloves, lol.

When Hals said that we had three guild firsts on Nefarian, I genuinely thought my beautiful (hideously ugly) staff had finally dropped. But no. Just some crappy ass DPS warrior nonsense (x2) and a rogue chest. How many kills have we had now? 11? 12? And only 3 weapons...

I mean, WTF? I've been a good boy all year - farmed my herbs, enchanted Crusader on everyone else's new weapons, respecced for 'guild progress' (albeit only briefly), raided my ass off, paid eleventy billion gold in repairs and generally tried to be a nice person. And Nefarian just won't cough it up. Fucker. If we keep up the Naxx progress, I may as well just go straight for a Wraith Blade... <_<

EDIT: Actually - looking at the Naxx loot tables - it seems that the Wraith Blade is a 25% drop chance from Maexxna. So maybe it's not unrealistic to think that it could drop before the Shadow Flame staff. Quite the upgrade from the Mageblade.

I'm not a warlock but...

Given spell mechanics it will have no effect on resistances and early breaks. That is based on your level not the spells.

Thanks, in the back of my mind there was something about spell ranks having some bearing on it in a past patch, or at least I remember mages 'discussing' it :wacko:

On the topic of loot - I have to admit that I'm begining to wonder what Blizzard have against items useful for hunters post-BWL...

AQ has little I'm interested in at all - there's the "double horsec**k" bow from Huhuran (a tiny upgrade from Rhok) which would be a faction first IF she every dropped the fcuker (no other Horde Guild has killed her on Draenor!?) - and that's about it (upto the Twemps anyway)

Naxx is even meaner - i've seen nothing which drops from the first 4 bosses, other than Tier 3 'Desecrated parts' (which I'm about 12th in line for so...), which interests me - and non of the trash drops are seemingly much use to me either...

Meanwhile, it seems Blizzard have no end of ideas on cloth and leather gear and crappy trinkets which no-one actually wants...

AFAIK there aren't actually 2 decent Hunter trinkets in the whole game! Check the highest level hunter profiles on CT and you'll see guys in full AQ/DS sets using Blackhands Breadth ffs!!!!

Its hidiously bugged, it keeps going into evade and healing itself up ini et same wayonyxia does, which is why the fight goe son for 20 mins

Quick question for the Warlocks :wacko:

Is there any difference between rank 1 and rank 2 banish apart from the amount of time it lasts and mana used? That is will you get more resists or early breaks from rank 1 than rank 2.

Thanks.

Yes there is. Rank 1 can only banish mobs up to lvl56 iirc, Rank 2 60+

I was banishing the rocks in MC with it last night, they are 56-63 elites according to alla, could have been that they were all 56 but seems unlikely.

The reason I ask is that it was suggested that we use rank 1 so the longest people will be waiting around for something to reappear is 20 seconds, this is part of our quest to spend as little time in MC as possible :wacko:

Most of the time we get it spot on and we're never waiting around at all, but occasionally one breaks early doesn't get tanked and lays into the clothies so we rebanish.

TS gloves, lol.

When Hals said that we had three guild firsts on Nefarian, I genuinely thought my beautiful (hideously ugly) staff had finally dropped. But no. Just some crappy ass DPS warrior nonsense (x2) and a rogue chest. How many kills have we had now? 11? 12? And only 3 weapons...

I mean, WTF? I've been a good boy all year - farmed my herbs, enchanted Crusader on everyone else's new weapons, respecced for 'guild progress' (albeit only briefly), raided my ass off, paid eleventy billion gold in repairs and generally tried to be a nice person. And Nefarian just won't cough it up. Fucker. If we keep up the Naxx progress, I may as well just go straight for a Wraith Blade... :)

EDIT: Actually - looking at the Naxx loot tables - it seems that the Wraith Blade is a 25% drop chance from Maexxna. So maybe it's not unrealistic to think that it could drop before the Shadow Flame staff. Quite the upgrade from the Mageblade.

I'll have tier 3 gloves before Ten Storms the way its going!

Nef has still only ever dropped 1 Lokamir Il'Romathis as well :)

Maexxna actually drops tier 3 gloves, so maybe my first statement will come true :wacko:

Its hidiously bugged, it keeps going into evade and healing itself up ini et same wayonyxia does, which is why the fight goe son for 20 mins

At roughly 30%, it goes stoneform which makes it immune to everything, and heals to full. Its not bugged, nor does it evade.