The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Ding-dong, the son of a bitch is dead. The only real downer was that I didn't make it through the zerg (those Limited Invulnerability potions are rubbish).

Therazane's Link, 10 Storms & Wrath chests and Mish'Undare dropped but really, it was all about the glory of the moment. Photo to follow later.

Fuck yeah.

Grats

Mixed night in BWL for us. I got a Mind Quickening Gem and then the instance server hung on us for ~45mins. Consequently missed clearing the post-Firemaw trash (last time I was there we downed Chromaggus before calling it a night).

Grats to Swiped, though. I haven't been there for one of our Nef kills yet (was waiting in Kargath to replace someone on the next try the first time we got him) but even reflected glory is pretty sweet. Actually being there must be rather special.

Ding-dong, the son of a bitch is dead. The only real downer was that I didn't make it through the zerg (those Limited Invulnerability potions are rubbish).

Therazane's Link, 10 Storms & Wrath chests and Mish'Undare dropped but really, it was all about the glory of the moment. Photo to follow later.

Fuck yeah.

Grats.

I loved these moments in raiding. It was the next 4 months you spend farming the same instance done it for me :blink:

Grats Chant and company ^^

Edit: the last memorable thing our guild seems to have done other than downing anub was 11 manning ony. :)

I saw the video of that recently.

What's even cooler is - around 1 year ago I rolled an Alliance Priest for a change of scene - in Darkshore I met up with a Warrior who knew his game and we levelled for a while (into the mid 20s) - then he disappeared for a while I headed back to Horde.

Nice to see Tyranu is doing well tho - say hi from Rachie (aka me!) :blink:

Suuuuurrrree!!!

:blink::D

He's a fucking mongoloid of the highest order. If anyone ever needed a beating just to shut them up and make them think twice before opening his fat wobbly mouth, its him. The day he managed to get teamspeak working was a bad bad day for humanity.

And as for Piro, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My rule - You get NOTHING if you use "u" or "plz" in the sentance, if you're too lazy to type "you" or "please" then I'm too lazy to make water for you.

And I find it quite funny that he's ignoring YOU! He asked YOU for water, complained when you said "No", then called you a cunt and put you on ignore!?

The worst offender of the lot is being called "m8" Makes my blood boil. Maybe I'm just a miserable old git but whats wrong with using the English language? Its worked for us for centuries.......grumble grumble

Edit:

And after posting that I've realised I've doomed myself to a barrage of m8s from Dusty from now on I expect! :blink:

As much as i hate people who can't be arsed to type properly, i'll still open boxes for them, even if they ask with such gems like "cn u opne plz m8", purely because they've at least learned to ask first, rather than just opening a trade window in my face with a box in it (and frequently closing my bank or mailbox while i was in the middle of something). Even something as simple as that is deserving of positive reinforcement, given it's rarity. The worst are the ones who come over, interrupt me midway through writing a lengthy mail, shove a box in my face, then say "ty" before i've even had a chance to realise what the fuck is going on (they usually get told to bugger off and come back when they've learned some basic manners).

For water, I whisper the following to people not in guild:

"Sorry to bother you, but could I please have some water?" - This is generally replied with "Sure, no problem" or "No worries mate" and then I get anything from 40 to 120, depending on the mood of the person. I very rarely get ignored, or told to "no, bugger off" or something of the sort.

To guildies, if I ask that, they reply with "dont be daft, just open trade you silly sod" or something along those lines. I just open trade usually and say "thanks" after it most the time.

In essence, politeness only takes a few seconds, and will reward you with what you wanted in the first place, more than likely :(

In a raid, if a mage doesnt give water, he's less likely to get heals, so its no skin off my nose :(

I don't mind the water so much since we got 10 a conjure, It only takes 2 minutes to conjure 200. I still have nightmares about the old 4 bottle per conjure days *shudders*

If randoms wanted water from me they had to ask nicely and no stupid text speak! or they'd get ignored. It can get annoying when you get requests as soon as you log on, doubtless they didn't know you just loggged in but it's hateful when thats the first thing flashes across your screen.

Like someone said, politeness goes a long way. If I ever wanted to ask something from someone I always opened up with "Hello, sorry to bother you but I could I ask you something please?" I've never got rebuffed after asking like that and everyone is always polite in return. All because I took 10 seconds to have some manners.

I think I tend to ask mages I know for "WETAR PLX!!!1111!" but that is just my sense of "humour"!

Stranger mages get proper words, and that usually works.

I am just starting to get "SUMMONZP LX" whispers. I don't mind too much, It is a pain to cross continents. However I tend to try and hit up a mage for my insta travel, as I know that 'locks are miserable bastards and so often not in a group.