The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Gratz :lol:

Think Adept had a good go at anub today, not sure on the percentage but yesterday it was 37%.

Edit: He evaded at 50% then 13% on the same try and then again at 50% and 23% on another try. :)

Wierd. We've never got that problem on Anub at all, yet hear from multiple places about the evade bug :)

Loatheb down! Fook ya! Warrior got the legs, and our own Pinkmoon got the cloth ones. Had a mana regen ring too, which Sheepdog got. Server first lolz ;)

Which means that I'm now in 6/9 Frostfire. I'm spending DKP faster than they can print the stuff!

Awesome job last night though - I personally think we were over-buffed, and will be able to replicate the kill without too much difficulty. I had over 6k HP and 8k mana... spammed scorch for the entire fight (708 DPS, I think) and needed neither Innervate (from my assigned druid) or even Evocation. Nor did my health ever get particularly low.

Going for the doggy - Gluth - next.

I'm Stiffanos the Orc Shaman!

Yes - thanks for coming and helping :-)

We went in Saturday night short of healers thinking we'd just struggle through the first few bosses and ended up ploughing through the first three priests and Bloodlord, killed Thekal for only our second time and then Arlokk for the first time. Took Hakkar to 60% on the first proper try. Couldn't believe that we had Hakkar dead the next night. Shame about the crap loot tho.

Last night we killed Ghazranka and an edge of madness boss for the first time too so just Jindo left now. We had a go but only got to 90%.

Yes - thanks for coming and helping :-)

We went in Saturday night short of healers thinking we'd just struggle through the first few bosses and ended up ploughing through the first three priests and Bloodlord, killed Thekal for only our second time and then Arlokk for the first time. Took Hakkar to 60% on the first proper try. Couldn't believe that we had Hakkar dead the next night. Shame about the crap loot tho.

Last night we killed Ghazranka and an edge of madness boss for the first time too so just Jindo left now. We had a go but only got to 90%.

If you haven't seen it before (I think it was burried miles back in this thread somewhere) then here's an azming macro for Jin'do:

/script local T,mt,C="target",{"Jin","Brain","Powerful","Shade"},ClearTarget;for i=4,1,-1 do TargetByName(mt[i])if(UnitExists(T)and UnitIsEnemy("player",T)==1)then if(UnitName(T)=="Sacrificed Troll" or UnitIsDead(T))then C()else break;end else C();end;end

Basically in the fight you should kill things in the following priority:

shades -> healing totems -> mond control totems -> jin'do

(you can only kill shades while cursed, so don't decurse)

Also, mana drain at the start, and then just keep a hunter sting on to keep his mana down. This prevents him laying healing totems.

If you haven't seen it before (I think it was burried miles back in this thread somewhere) then here's an azming macro for Jin'do:

A few of us had the macro but not enough people killed shades when cursed. It wasn't a very serious attempt, we just popped in to see how the fight went really. Also we only had one druid (resto with only a little feral gear) so we were a healer down when they were bear tanking. One of our rogues has a feral druid alt so next time I think we'll draft him in for the jindo fight - I don't think there is any rogue loot anyway.

We wiped twice on the Bloodlord last night after making mince meat of the spider boss, but it's all good experience and on Sunday one of the priests dropped the Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers http://www.thottbot.com/?i=53666 which I won (small upgrade from the AV cloak).

On Thursday I think we are going to try and do as much as we can of ZG, it's my first proper sign-up-before-the-event-type-raid ;).

Jesus fucking christ. Everything going ok on an Emps attempt, they teleport, and the melee emp completely ignores the tank at the side he teleported to, and proceeds to run straight across the room and gibs the tank on the other side. FFS.

Jesus fucking christ. Everything going ok on an Emps attempt, they teleport, and the melee emp completely ignores the tank at the side he teleported to, and proceeds to run straight across the room and gibs the tank on the other side. FFS.

We've had the odd thing like that.

I once setup an Aimed Shot and it went off 'just' as the Twins teleported - and I distinctly saw the arrow veer "out of my arse" and across the whole room - striking the Twin on the other side, pulling aggro and him across the room to me and - erm...

That's really weird Arhra, we were on the Twins tonight and we had exactly the same thing happening a couple of times.

We have them at 3% now. That attempt so so awesome, we were perfect and then one of our tanks got an unlucky KB and went out of healer range... It was absolutely heart breaking because one more teleport and they were dead.

Still, we have them now, if we can clear to them fast enough, they might drop on Thursday :o

Well done on the Twins kill :wacko:

We got them to 5% last night our second real training night at them, a combination of Titan Flask expiring and BoK fading meant we lost a tank.

Any of you know if the aggro that the pulling warlock builds on the caster pull gets wiped after the teleport? I'm not sure if I should be throwing anything on the caster emp during the fight in case I pull aggro back. The other warlocks are casting a corruption at each port.

Oh noes, one of our main tanks has quit! Sith can tell you what a lovely, charming all round bucket-of-fun he is/was. How ever will I cope?

Cost to Progress: Perhaps a month.

Cost of lost equipment: Several Wrath pieces, a Binding of the Windseeker.

Effect his leaving will have on everyone's general feeling of happiness and mental well being: Priceless.

Got a frost wand, got the Brood Lord's cloak, now this. I guess good things really do happen in threes.

I popped on ER last night to check some thing out with my old Rogue I have on there. Then for a bit of fun I took him into AV, first problem I noticed was that a load of my buttons were missing then I remembered I hadn't used him since way before the talent revamp so I had to spend all my points again. The second problem is that I kept dying, fast. It wasn't until I looked at his health that I realised why, 2743 health! Christ I only had to look at stuff in there to drop dead on the spot. Still it was massive fun and it gave it a bit of an edge, I even took out a full Bloodfang equiped Nelf which was a suprise, he must have been a rubbish PVPer considering the equipment I had.

There endeth random post of the day.

Oh noes, one of our main tanks has quit! Sith can tell you what a lovely, charming all round bucket-of-fun he is/was. How ever will I cope?

Cost to Progress: Perhaps a month.

Cost of lost equipment: Several Wrath pieces, a Binding of the Windseeker.

Effect his leaving will have on everyone's general feeling of happiness and mental well being: Priceless.

Got a frost wand, got the Brood Lord's cloak, now this. I guess good things really do happen in threes.

Thank god and for Swiped. I really couldnt stand the prick if it wasnt his way he wasnt intrested at all. Now when I was in wiped the guild seem to struggle on 1 fight - Razorgore!

I whispered the tank in question some different tactics his reply "no no chance that will work" I tried to keep talking to him he just ignored me lol.

He was pretty good tho ill give him that

Actually, we still do struggle on Razorgore, we've tried everything. Killing everything, shammy kiting, warrior kiting, mage kiting even but never seem to find a consistently successful, one-shot knock it out the box method. In football terms, he'd be the non-league team that you can always rely on to get an upset. It's so silly - we can pretty much one shot everything else in there, including Nefarian but that first 4 minutes inside the place? I have what Pulp once described as The Fear when it comes to that fight...

Actually, we still do struggle on Razorgore, we've tried everything. Killing everything, shammy kiting, warrior kiting, mage kiting even but never seem to find a consistently successful, one-shot knock it out the box method. In football terms, he'd be the non-league team that you can always rely on to get an upset. It's so silly - we can pretty much one shot everything else in there, including Nefarian but that first 4 minutes inside the place? I have what Pulp once described as The Fear when it comes to that fight...

We generally one shot him using kiting.

Although the number of times we get to phase 2 with about 3 healers, 3 ranged dpsers, couple of rogues and the two tanks up is starting to mount up. Most of the time it's because we're a bit lax at the pull and he conflag's half the raid before we've really started.

The other week our controlling tank got conflaged and I, as a mage, had to do the first control period. Thank fuck I'd just played a warlock the day before to move my pet bar :wacko:

Oh, and the Twins kills was the most amazing thing ever.

Usual sods law after the 3% wipe. The next one we wiped in 1 minute flat.

Oh, and the Twins kills was the most amazing thing ever.

Usual sods law after the 3% wipe. The next one we wiped in 1 minute flat.

Exactly what we did after our 3% wipe :) It's tradition almost, after coming so close we muck up the pull. After that we decided to call it as it was getting past 11.30PM UK and people were too hysterical over the 3% wipe to focus anymore.

Still, I'm putting myself through agony today over the fact that we would have done it if a single heal had hit our tank on the right side :wacko:

I cannot believe how similar your evening was to ours.

Our raid end time is 11:30 UK time, and we made the last pull at 11:31pm, pushing people for one last good attempt and they went down.

In the end half of us couldn't sleep we were so pumped so cleared ZG till 3am.