The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

I think that for some people, there are just classes that suit them moreso than others. Tricky thing is that you don't know what they are until you play ofc :lol:

Maybe I've been trained for so long to stand far away from scary monsters and heal stuff, but melee isn't really my thing these days. Of the other classes I have tried the only one I really enjoy a lot is my mage :unsure: Others I feel a bit limited - my warrior, trying to kill stuff in Ashenvale (satyrs..) and getting utterly battered because I can't run away or heal or crowd control /crai.

That said some classes do just have an easier time of levelling...

Where would you lot level-grind from 49 onwards then? I'm desperate to hit 60 before TBC, and that might be within a month or two.

Ignore Silithus, stick to the Plaguelands. It looks great, is well connected, encompasses a good variety of creature levels and has plenty going on. Silithus is the most boring place ever. Plus you'll have Scourgestones coming out of your ass, which you'll need plenty of long term.

Thing is I've always known a Paladin was my character of choice. Not much hope there though when you roll Horde...

The /Gquit was cos when you lot are in Outlands and I'm in STV Gramme, I'm pretty sure there wont be much, if any, help to get me to, and after as well I dont doubt, lvl 60. People have sort of made it clear in what theyve posted on our forum, or said in chat. But, well, we'll wait and see I suppose.

If guilds want Horde paladins, they will have to support them. Of course some people will level fast with or without guild help, and then they'll have the pick of the guilds who don't already have some planned. But generally speaking, if you want Blessings in your 25-man raids ASAP, you help your rerollers or you forget it.

Thing is I've always known a Paladin was my character of choice. Not much hope there though when you roll Horde...

The /Gquit was cos when you lot are in Outlands and I'm in STV Gramme, I'm pretty sure there wont be much, if any, help to get me to, and after as well I dont doubt, lvl 60. People have sort of made it clear in what theyve posted on our forum, or said in chat. But, well, we'll wait and see I suppose.

Levelling up to 60 (and beyond, I'm guessing) won't really need much help to be honest, given that your paladin will be your third character. But what help you *might* need will be given, certainly by us on RLLM. If the comments on the World Of Raids forum are correct, you won't need MC or BWL to get well-geared... just keep on levelling through 60 and the good stuff will come soon enough.

As for what people have said in guild chat or on the Chimaera forum, I think two factors *may* have wound people up. Firstly the shaman 'stuck record' syndrome... WE KNOW ALREADY, kk? Secondly, banging on about rerolling a paladin then taking 6/9 tier 3 (and other prime stuff) on your shaman might not make a lot of sense to some people; if you're serious about this paladin being your new main, then the guild are looking at an awful lot of very good gear on Khaz effectively being trashed. And then you threaten /gquit if you don't get enough help levelling up? That's a bit off, in my opinion.

As Pinkmoon says, there's not actually a lot of 'help' you can give someone who's power-levelling a character...

The only thing we could do is offer instance runs for gear - but it's arguable whether spending time twinking-out a character is actually worthwhile.

You may level quicker just using more-easily-gained equipment and relentlessly hammering through quests and grind sessions - the only instance runs which may be worthwhile would be those where you get 4-5 quests with decent XP and perhaps some good rewards - farming drops is just going to be ineffective in XP/hour terms...

I've said this before about the rerollers - you're facing 200+ hours of 'mostly the same shit as before' - it's not a trivial task by any means and it's gonna take a while - 200 hours is 5 working weeks!!!!...

Just pay a powerlevelling company to sort you out :):(

I'm not entirely sure how it works with horde-side with quests and such but I've levelled 2 characters to level 60 without touching a single instance other than deadmines, purely from just questing. Any non-soloable elite quests were ditched and I concentrated on finding every other quest in an area instead.

When I look back there's very little you actually need a higher level for. I mean, doing elite quests in go would probably help you out but it's not essential. And as for gear, as pinky (:) ) some of the more awesome gear (as in gear for when you're 60+) can be picked up from questlines anyway or if not, they'll be in instances that people will be wanting to run anyway since there's bound to be a few people by that time either still levelling their main or levelling an alt.

I gotta say, I prefer levelling on my own since it means I don't have to worry about somebody else and being at my keyboard at the entire time. :(

As for what people have said in guild chat or on the Chimaera forum, I think two factors *may* have wound people up. Firstly the shaman 'stuck record' syndrome... WE KNOW ALREADY, kk? Secondly, banging on about rerolling a paladin then taking 6/9 tier 3 (and other prime stuff) on your shaman might not make a lot of sense to some people; if you're serious about this paladin being your new main, then the guild are looking at an awful lot of very good gear on Khaz effectively being trashed. And then you threaten /gquit if you don't get enough help levelling up? That's a bit off, in my opinion.

Wound them up? Didnt take much then tbh, considering they can just turn it off nowadays then eh?

also, as I and even Sheepdog have stated multiple times, tier 3 is going to be useless for Shaman to lvl with, and I'm really only taken what I have to help in Nax, its not like I can use it elsewhere. Anyone moaning about that needs their head read, because its not getting trashed anyway. Threatening to /gquit when theres a :) after it? Anyone who takes that seriously, well....

Wound them up? Didnt take much then tbh, considering they can just turn it off nowadays then eh?

also, as I and even Sheepdog have stated multiple times, tier 3 is going to be useless for Shaman to lvl with, and I'm really only taken what I have to help in Nax, its not like I can use it elsewhere. Anyone moaning about that needs their head read, because its not getting trashed anyway. Threatening to /gquit when theres a :) after it? Anyone who takes that seriously, well....

Didn't take much? That's a laugh. You should read some of your posts over the last 6 months and the general reputation you have for negativity regarding your class. It's been like fucking water torture. And if you're talking about turning off guild chat, that's hardly a sensible option, is it?

You'll need to explain to me (and the rest of us, I'm sure) what your intentions are for the expansion and beyond, because I'm fucking lost. You seem intent on re-rolling a paladin. You can't effectively run two characters through the BC instances, at least not the 25-man stuff. Raid spaces will be at a premium, so something's got to give; you'll pretty much have to concentrate on one of your characters, at least for the BC equivalent of the end-game content you've been running for the last year. So I have to assume that your shaman is getting shelved for the immediate future. Therefore, really, your tier 3 stuff is *effectively* getting binned once the expansion hits - at least as far as Chimaera is concerned - unless you can explain to me otherwise.

And we *know* you can't level in tier 3. Nor can priests. Or druids. Or warriors. But they just get on with things, at least as far as I've noticed. Maybe the much-maligned tier 2 might be better for you? Why pass on the Girdle Of Elemental Fury which dropped recently?

As for your supposedly frivilous /gquit threat... well, I'm sorry if I misunderstood. You're like the boy who /crais wolf. It's difficult to know when to take you seriously any more.

I'm sorry about the tone of this post, but you really need to think about the shit you come out with and the reaction it might spark from people. It's absolutely infuriating some of the time. I mean, take last week. You pick up 6/9 and I whisper you with some congratulations, and you reply with 'Yeah, but I'm still only going to be healing'... Were you expecting some kind of DPS epiphany? Could you have been more ungrateful or negative? Could you have more unrealistic expectations for your class (or a raiding paladin, for that matter)? Raiding is about teamwork. We all have roles to fulfil. Your role is barely going to change as a paladin. But you will have a lot of catching up to do.

Didn't take much? That's a laugh. You should read some of your posts over the last 6 months and the general reputation you have for negativity regarding your class. It's been like fucking water torture. And if you're talking about turning off guild chat, that's hardly a sensible option, is it?

You'll need to explain to me (and the rest of us, I'm sure) what your intentions are for the expansion and beyond, because I'm fucking lost. You seem intent on re-rolling a paladin. You can't effectively run two characters through the BC instances, at least not the 25-man stuff. Raid spaces will be at a premium, so something's got to give; you'll pretty much have to concentrate on one of your characters, at least for the BC equivalent of the end-game content you've been running for the last year. So I have to assume that your shaman is getting shelved for the immediate future. Therefore, really, your tier 3 stuff is *effectively* getting binned once the expansion hits - at least as far as Chimaera is concerned - unless you can explain to me otherwise.

And we *know* you can't level in tier 3. Nor can priests. Or druids. Or warriors. But they just get on with things, at least as far as I've noticed. Maybe the much-maligned tier 2 might be better for you? Why pass on the Girdle Of Elemental Fury which dropped recently?

As for your supposedly frivilous /gquit threat... well, I'm sorry if I misunderstood. You're like the boy who /crais wolf. It's difficult to know when to take you seriously any more.

I'm sorry about the tone of this post, but you really need to think about the shit you come out with and the reaction it might spark from people. It's absolutely infuriating some of the time. I mean, take last week. You pick up 6/9 and I whisper you with some congratulations, and you reply with 'Yeah, but I'm still only going to be healing'... Were you expecting some kind of DPS epiphany? Could you have been more ungrateful or negative? Could you have more unrealistic expectations for your class (or a raiding paladin, for that matter)? Raiding is about teamwork. We all have roles to fulfil. Your role is barely going to change as a paladin. But you will have a lot of catching up to do.

People ignore me, supposedly for what I've said, which to be frank isnt that much on TS, or even in chat. Its been mostly on this forum admittedly, which I suppose was a bad idea in the first place, considering a lot of people seem to take great pleasure in belittling my views by calling it simple moaning. Thats fine, I dont really care what you think to be honest, but I usually respect other peoples opinions when theyre outspoken about something. I dont ignore them....

Also, its kind of hard to explain to someone when theyre not listening, hmm? So why should I even bother? I've explained my reasons enough times, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I didnt pass on that girdle anyway, as Sheepdog got it as he was, untill recently, always at the top of the dkp in shaman. Only one has dropped as far as I know, and he got it, so I didnt have a chance to "pass" anyway.

Maybe I should cry wolf more often, it seems to actually get responses.

When you whispered me, the tone of your whisper wasnt exactly the nicest, though I may have taken that the wrong way, but judging from your post maybe I didnt, I dont know anymore....

*edit* this post is in no way meant to be rude to anyone, least of all Pinkmoon/aka Gramme. Just to make that clear.

It's most likely someone's alt that is going to be postioned at the tainted scar to see if Lord Kazzak is up. :)

Ahh, mystery solved then. Seems the most likely explanation.

And.... I'm still waiting to transfer my main, stuck in the void now for 8 days. Dear god I couldn't have picked a worse time for Blizz to suffer a fuck up on all systems. Still for fun I respecced my rogue on ER to hemo, well possibly some weird bastard version of what you are supposed to have, and blow me, it's not bad. It's taken a while to get to grips with but for PVP I am begining to rock with it, I certainly seem to survive longer with a lot more points in that tree. If I had some decent equipment I would be seriously badass.

Right, i've been a Warrior Orc for a while now and i'm starting to enjoy it less and less.

Can anyone recommend a decent character/class to choose for my new character?

What's the most fun?

I'm fire-specced at the minute, but I've had the most fun in WoW as a deep frost mage... an absolute killing machine with loads of survivability. I've heard good things about warlocks, but I think all the pets look ghey so I've always avoided them.