The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

I have NO idea what i'm looking at here. All I can see, is a blury mess, with some numbers flying around and some players jumping around like bunnies all accompanied by the mother of all shit soundtracks.

From what I could tell, it seemed like two Pallys playing against the worst PVPers in the world. Those Rogues sucked.

I have not heard anyone express a reluctance to join up with mukkers! If there are others who feel the same way then they should be reassured that the

o'course we are not 60's grinding for 5 hours a night 5 nights a week to get the [shiny bauble of phatness] (+1 better than the [uber phat bubble of shinyness])

:lol: Amazing!

In PvP, with no buffs or debuffs except CoS, my standard shadowbolts hit for more damage than the highest crit in that video.

That is all.

Are you back in the real world with internet access?? Muk needs more officers, Eva for officer!

Can you quickly clarify something for me then? Are you intending to quit raiding altogether, continue raiding with your shaman and use the paladin for fun, or switch main and raid with your paladin?

At present I'm raiding and playing the Paladin for fun. After expansion, I dont yet know for definite, but was intending on the latter.

To be honest I cant see why people would complain about me swapping mains. I'm using the gear I get at present to help progress in Nax, and Dringol has almost the same amount of tier 3 as I have now, same with Sheepdog for example. We'll also be leaving tier 3 items on bosses fairly soon the way the rogues and warriors are getting geared, and I'm sure it'll happen to the other classes as well soon, so its not like I'm stopping others getting it. I'm passing on loot from now on anyways, as other Shaman need it, as do Hunters and Druids, so that should stop the nay-sayers from having a go.

Sheepdog knows I'm swapping, and has said, and I quote "just bid, I cant see any problems with you getting gear" after I asked would the guild mind if I swapped after xpac? He also said that the officers didnt have a problem with it either, but ofc I wouldnt know anymore than that. I asked this after I discovered Horde were getting Paladins, and I'd already gotten the belt. This was during an Ony run (which we dont do anymore it seems), and was a long time ago now ofc.

At the end of the day, I have dkp, so I spend it. I could have spent it on useless things that wouldnt have helped the raid one little bit, such as the axe off Patchwerk, but I instead spend it on that which helps to keep the tanks up on bosses where the extra healing is needed. Should I not spend any DKP, and thus be a worthless healer, spend it on useless items and still be a useless healer, or do what I have done? Tough choice at the end of the day :)

In PvP, with no buffs or debuffs except CoS, my standard shadowbolts hit for more damage than the highest crit in that video.

That is all.

And? Your a Warlock. Grats on rolling what a lot of people class as Overpowered in PvP, but shit at PvE. *Insert massive winky smiley*

You can all commence with the "wall of text crits you for xxxx damage" stuff now btw :)

I'll take Piro's bait cos I'm bored...

Well, if you specced a warlock 7/31/13 you'd have an almost unkillable warlock with 30% dmg reduction, high magic resistance, large non-crit shadowbolts and dots that tick for more than your total health. Warlocks draining life while you're dotted and feared is enough healing.

And fear and deathcoil.

It's nice that paladins are getting a buff thanks to whatever spelldamage modifiers the BC has, but they same will apply to warlocks.

I'll take Piro's bait cos I'm bored...

Well, if you specced a warlock 7/31/13 you'd have an almost unkillable warlock with 30% dmg reduction, high magic resistance, large non-crit shadowbolts and dots that tick for more than your total health. Warlocks draining life while you're dotted and feared is enough healing.

And fear and deathcoil.

It's nice that paladins are getting a buff thanks to whatever spelldamage modifiers the BC has, but they same will apply to warlocks.

Remember that Holy doesnt have any resistance modifiers, and the gear the Paladins were wearing in that vid was simply tier 2 with what appeared to be the Red Dragonscale Protector (+healing only shield lol). When you take that all into consideration, their damage isnt too shabby.

On another note, theirs only 1 Dmg+healing shield in game at the moment. TBC should really sort that, I'd hope.

I assume you mean like why the paladins in the BC PvP videos are doing alot of damage? They're wearing the T2 paladin set with a damage mace, all of which is available now. It never comes down to Paladins cannot DPS fullstop, it comes down to Paladins can't DPS without the correct gear. Which i'm sure proves that paladins are infact shit.

Right, that's me done for serious bastard rep grinding forever. The last few days have produced a delightful Frostwolf Howler, a Rank 6 Frostwolf Insignia and, tonight, a Chromatic Mantle of the Dawn. All that's left to do is sort out a new raid group to get some shoulders for the damn thing.

Ahhhhh...I need never get another fucking Scourgestone again. Wonderful.

Right, that's me done for serious bastard rep grinding forever. The last few days have produced a delightful Frostwolf Howler, a Rank 6 Frostwolf Insignia and, tonight, a Chromatic Mantle of the Dawn. All that's left to do is sort out a new raid group to get some shoulders for the damn thing.

Ahhhhh...I need never get another fucking Scourgestone again. Wonderful.

To be honest, I think we were all bonkers doing it in the 1st place just for a lousy +5 resistance :blink:

All that's left to do is sort out a new raid group to get some shoulders for the damn thing.

So you actually going to do what you were going to do but then seemed like you weren't sure that you were going to do that but now are going to go through with doing that?

Yeah, just a question of getting the formalities out of the way, which I'll do later. There's still a part of me that's hesitant to get involved in all that kind of thing again (considering I made almost 70g in an evening and a half of grinding Gharron's Haunt, it's tempting to split time between 5 manning and amassing a flying mount fund there) but no doubt I'll be fine once I'm back in the swing of things.

och, don't worry about the money. I honestly don't think the 5000g thing will be much of a problem...and much better to grind in the spangly new outland with a felguard or something than frickin' plaguelands.

I'm really missing raiding. Like i've said elsewhere, I *don't* miss scheduling an entire evening around warcraft. I *don't* miss eating at the PC. But maybe unless I respec moonkin again being a healing class feels rather pointless unless you've got a tank taking a lot of damage. Healing in 5-mans is such a snooze-fest as with enough +healing you just rejuvenate everyone and fall asleep, and whenever 5-mans seem to get together there's always a bloody tank already so I don't get to do that (starting to regret moving the points out of balance into feral now)

So, yeah. Let's go kill a few raid bosses again.

Well, Jai couldn't mope in Sen'jin forever, so I specced her to elemental shatter AoE and went PvPing. (Amazingly, it seems I can actually kite warriors around now. Don't know if it's the spec or I finally worked out the L2P thing.) It's funny how killing gnomes can make you feel so much better about things.

Since I was no longer all doom-and-gloom about continuing with Jai, I accepted an invite from the Swash and Bucklers. Because whatever else you do in this game, it's a social thing first and foremost and that's where most of the people who make me smile went. I'll miss The Tide and the people who went elsewhere, but I'm not despondent enough to throw away the chance of moving on to something new.

So, yeah. Let's go kill a few raid bosses again.

You can come help out on our first Major Domo pull ever...

But you can't kill majordomo :blink:

Replying to Sirloin - I'm not sure that I will. I think it'd be nice to keep a few world bosses and one-boss instances (a la Onyxia) 40 man because there is something cool about that many people all working together for the same boss. Hell, even have an 80 man raid boss.

but for the day to day running of things I think 25 is a much nicer number, will still give a feeling that you're a small army against a boss but will be much easier to overview the situations given. When we were wiping in AQ20 at Ossirian before we could kill him, that seemed somehow way less stressful and much more laidback than wiping at Razorgore.

It's a feel thing for me, my favourite bits in the game are things like Ragnaros, which I still love, 40 of you bashing away, and fights like C'Thun, with the screen full of people running around. Encounters like Ossirian just feel a bit...empty, and FAR too easy in comparison. We learnt him in like 5 attempts. I would hope that the 25 man bosses are massively harder than him, just to provide a challenge, and then you'll need everyone pulling their weight, which I can just see leading to more arguing and blaming, because it will be painfully obvious when this go wrong.

I don't really mind the idea of just 25 man raids now but like Sirloin says it's all about the feel factor. With 40 people, there was more of a feeling of being an army going to take down something amazingly difficult. 20-25 people just seems like a small gathering in comparison.

Although, I'm fairly certain most armies don't have people that wander off during the fighting going "brb, going to feed the cat"....

Like i've said elsewhere, I *don't* miss scheduling an entire evening around warcraft. I *don't* miss eating at the PC.

That's just the thing, though, I don't either but you can't do one without the others. I quite like not rushing home for invites, logging on at my own pace, having the freedom to piss about in the Sunken Temple or grind cash at a leisurely rate. And there's the whole fear of the unknown thing too, I only really know 2 people there and one of them's moved house so their net access is up the creek for a while and...ah, I don't know.

I guess what I'm saying is even though it's not quite as exciting and the rewards certainly aren't as good, just mooching about, chatting to Vael about TBC specs or gossiping to you about obnoxious retards from Sunstrider in AV and generally not having a care in the world has proved quite refreshing.

We shall see.

I think I'm most looking forward to getting quest rewards that are green and blue which will replace my gear. I have some epix, but filling in the rest of the holes - especially as I'll be picking up enhancement stuff as well as healing kit - will be dead fun.

BT, are coming this Friday to fix the phoneline they muffed up last Friday and hopefully I'll be back online a week or so after that.

Yes me also, but the way I see it is we don't have very much longer before the BC comes out and it's back to being able to level at your own pace. So the scheduling life around WoW is only until TBC comes out, if it's before christmas it's only 2 months. And if you decide that you're not enjoying the raids as much then ease off again....again because of BC you know you've got an excuse to change everything all over again when it comes out.

I wonder if anyone will raid at all once BC is out. You could still do BWL / Naxx / AQ40 for fun, for the sake of killing that boss you wanted to die before you do it in an impromptu group at level 70. Or even for some equips....though a lot of stuff will become redundant there's no doubt that anything you do get *is* useful (in fact, chances are epixxed up raiders can take on the higher level areas and quests before others, if they take a proper healing / dps / tank group which might solve some of this bottlenecking at busy areas).

Really they should re-grade all the current content in line with the new stuff... so all our normal kit would become grey and the fancy epixxx blue.

I guess the forums would melt with rage though :blink:

It does seem to me that the colours now don't mean anything, or at least you have to know if it is an extension-blue or an original-blue. If you have to judge an item simply by its stats then there is NO point in colouring anything.

Well i guess the colours are relative to things *of that level* so not entirely pointless...

....otherwise all level 10 stuff woudl be grey, level 40 stuff green, etc.

Something that is level 60 and epic will be better than something that is level 60 and blue. But something that is level 30 and epic will only be better than other level 30 items, not better than even a green at level 60.

Maybe they should colour items relative ot the person, so that something epic when you're level 30 becomes grey when you're level 60.

Essentially though colouring them is an epeen thing. I haev teh epixx etc. Well, I can't deny that there's a nice feeling replacing a blue with a purple just for that trophy feeling.

Well you could say that about blue lvl 20 gear. Why make it blue if it is made redundant by a level 25 green? That kinda thing.

The point of colours is that it marks the quality for the level rather than the quality compared to like, all other stuff ;)

Yeah D:

But essentially, at the end of the day the colours aren't there to help people make an informed choice, they're more about status and a feeling of reward than anything else. Most of the BOE epics on the AH are kinda crappy and no way as good as something you can get from Dire Maul or wherever, but they still seem to sell for 300g or whatever.

Could any friendly Horde types go to Sorrow Hill and kick the shit out of Burotar? He's a L60 Hunter who's been farming the place for the past week nearly non stop. I've been helping some of my friends do the Clear The Way quest there, and he keeps tagging every enemy in the area before we can get to them. I'm almost convinced he's a bot, but he's got a PvP rank, is part of a guild and doesn't have a name like "Hshfbfnv".