IGNORED

The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Someone has just told me that to go to Outlands, it'll require a guild killing Kel'thuzad to obtain an item to open the Dark Portal...

Please tell me this is bullshit.

I have no idea if it's true - and I largely doubt it is - but a part of me wishes it *was* true. It just seems sad that Naxxramas (my pet instance, as if no-one had noticed!) might get forgotten in the race to 70.

There's no logical reason for a KT drop (or related item) to open the Portal, at least as far as I'm aware. One of the lore-buffs might be able to correct me though.

Almost certainly prime, grade A horseshit. It's been stated many times how they feel they messed up with the Ahn'Qiraj event and that, despite initially wanting some kind of event involving many of the server's warlocks combining to open the portal, they decided it wasn't fair to restrict the content that way, leaving access to Outland dependant on something happening first.

A recent update said Kazzak found a way to reopen it (getting your ass handed to you every few days is a hella incentive I guess) and as soon as it's installed, patched and online, it's there for everyone to go through.

Yeah. Thing about AQ was it was just a patch thing. They can do what they like with content like that...I'm not sure what obligation they have to produce new content from sub fees alone.

But to pay £20 for an expansion, go home, install it, and then find that you have to wait for a particular guild to do something to actually enjoy it? Hah.

lol went to UBRS with my Paladin, and won the Lightforge shoulders over another Paladin. We had a muppet of a warrior in the group, but fortunately we also had a tier 3 equipped warrior as well. Killed Drakki and lo and behold, this little beauty dropped: [blackblade of Shahram]

The warrior rolled need, after being totally useless the whole run. I said in guild (was with another 3 guildies in the run) "He rolled need lol, should I?" to which I was told "YES!"

Won the thing of course, much to the annoyance of the Warrior who immediately hearthed ;)

Even though its pretty crap, compared with the AV Polearm really, its cool to have :D

Also thanks to Orchid, to which I'd not have got the class trinket quest done otherwise. 3% crit with melee and spells for 25 sec...imba on a Paladin even in raids I'd wager.

I finally hit Exalted with the Zandalar last night, and managed to scrounge enough Bijous to get my enchant on shoulders. Wooot ;) Big thanks to all that donated some.. though I don't think any will see this. D: That's the trouble when you go from a guild who lets the banks handle bijous (well, up to a week or so before you left) into one where it's all /FFAd :D:lol:

/Random

This SOCOM ps2 headset is great with WoW, I must say. WoW or my MP3's through my speakers and then teamspeak or skype on the headset (voices coming through the earpiece on the headset). It's the sex I tell thee.

I actually gave my SOCOM ps2 headset to a friend who started playing WoW, 'cause he was too tight to buy a mic himself. He still uses it, over a year later.

I'm pretty sure the only instance that they've mentioned needing a flying mount to get to is tempest keep. At least so far anyway.

Having said that, I would have thought if there was something that needed to be done to open the Dark Portal, it'd require a trip to Kharazan, what with it being Medhiv's tower and all.

Eye of C'Thun's honking big Unstoppable Frickin' Bastard Chaining Eye Beam of Dooooooom hits you for 80214 damage. You die. Big time.

If I weren't so averse to using smilies, I'd have a big grinning mong one right here. Final attempt of the night was the best by far, we got to Phase 2. I took a nasty hit just as I was swallowed so I died more or less the instant I arrived in the stomach but wow oh wow.

cpwn.jpg

Ouch. Yeah C'thun was pretty cool. Enjoyable fight, and if we'd killed him that night might have felt too much like cheating, so I think a bit of progress but not a kill, at least from the new guys' POV was best.

I think it looks quite cool too, Not since maybe Raggy or Neffy (maybe Vael) did I get a feeling of Jaw-drop from a boss (maybe because 99% of Blizzard bosses have the design process of 1) take trash mob 2) make it a bit bigger 3) give it an interesting name). Even Kel'thuzad just looks like him from Scholo. But that eyeball, the way it moves...

....all that said....Raiding again. I don't know. There's something about it all that I'm not sure about. Microwaving my Sunday roast at 11:30 pm, having to say "I'll eat later" when it was offered to me rather than saving my game and playing later, despite being hungry. It was quite depressing.

Maybe I was more burnt out from it all than I thought.

I don't know.

Maybe I was more burnt out from it all than I thought.

I thought that for the first week, because it's the hard week, but then once settling in and all it felt <3 <3 <3 <3 again.

Thaddius is a meanie, though. I think I hate his lightning spam the most because it absolutely destroys people. And everyone needs to be full health when the fight starts or it's bye bye which meant, for the first time in absolutely yonks, I pulled heal aggro. (But only after Trunx's imba rejuvs ^_^)

ANNND the polarity shift. I didn't realise at first, but every time it happens, and I move into position, I'm holding my breath to find out someone is in the wrong place and kills us all horribly. And then I let it out again, aah.

Chanti, you scare me. Honestly though, I remember being in a right state one day and I actually just didn't want to raid because I thought I'd made the wrong decision and that I should've just cut off entirely, and I was at work, staring at the signups, wondering what to do.

Then two of my friends came in and demanded my presence for the evening. Dilemma solved, and then the next day I went to Zul'Gurub, and the day after that I PvP'd with folk until 4am or something ridiculous, and I was very very happy ^_^

It wasn't because I didn't like Chimaera or anything (I do love the guild <3), but just from an individual perspective it was all completely overwhelming. All the little jokes that mean nothing to you, the voices that you can't identify, stuff like that. But now it's like "Grox got aggro? Lol" and it means something to me... I feel part of things and so just really enjoying it all now.

It could've gone either way though I mean it's easy to just sort of retreat into yourself and not make the effort to settle in with the new peoples, but I'm really glad I did as it made a huge difference to me.

C'Thun is a fun fight. We failed to down him last night as many peopel were tired, anyway.

Getting to phase 2 is pretty easy.

Don't be fooled. To get anywhere in Phase 2 you need pretty much everyone alive or enough CR's to get them up.

Phase 2 is all about the Big Claws.

If you don't have enough DPS to down them you can't kill him.

The small eyes and Giant eye are just there to impose a time limit on the amount of time you have on the eyes.

Phase 1 is basically an idiot check. After a few night trying you will have figured out who the shit players in your group are. Kick them, or don't let them sign up for any raids beyond C'Thun.

It took us around 6 weeks from first seeing C'Thun to downing him.

Looking around this is pretty much the norm.

Phase 1 is basically an idiot check. After a few night trying you will have figured out who the shit players in your group are. Kick them, or don't let them sign up for any raids beyond C'Thun.

Ha ha ha, remember our first idiot check?

Galalalalalalala screaming obscenities whilst we did the dry run of testing positioning in the Emps room?

A symbolic 'locks eye in the middle, idiots not knowing what clockwise is and Galalalala being as courteous as ever.

^_^

But, yeah, too much negativity last night.

Sure reaching 7% in P2 and the progressively worse attempts isn't a success after defeating the eye last week, but it's not nearly the disaster some have made out.

Hmm. I don't think it's a case of a new guild really. Last night was exactly what I said I wanted - brand new content rather BWL for the millionth time.

Here's my analogy: I think WoW is like Alcohol.

Soloing is like drinking at home, enjoying a nice ale

doing a 5-man is like going to the pub on a tuesday evening after work, and having a few pints with some mates before going home at 8pm to have dinner and whatever.

End-game 40 man raiding is like a proper piss-up booze-fest.

Now, 40-man raiding, the all night house party, it takes longer, and the giggles and laughs you have is way above what you had on tuesday afternoon. Except there's a 'morning after', a hangover you have to deal with. Feeling tired and crappy because of partying hard. In wow terms this is the feeling that 4 hours with only a 15 minute break (I wish that we could start an hour earlier and have an hour break) takes its toll, and the whole morning after feeling of farming repair bills.

But for a while, while you're a student or whatever it's all worth it for the memories of a good night out. But as you get older, the hangovers start to feel worse, and you're not so sure you had that much of a laugh. That getting shitfaced and acting like a prick doesn't seem so funny anymore, and you realise you just enjoy the quiet evenings with a few close friends taking things at your own pace, where there's no 'morning after' feeling.

That's how I feel right now :D