The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Unless they give the Shaman the ability to lose aggro once they get it they will be a liability as any form of DPS class in a raid. They heal not just because healers are always needed but also because they're a liability doing other stuff.

Shaman DPS will create more aggro than Mage or Warlock (for example) damage will it? I know as a Warlock I don't have a way of dumping aggro other than stopping or slowing DPS, or...not getting it in the first place.

What's different about Shamans that they need this talent?

Meh who cares about clothies!

Its more the unpredictability of WF. We may get a massive WF crit which we can't control. Mages and Warlocks have a better idea of thier DPS output (although a massive crit is still possible). We can't put rockbiter on instead as that takes aggro.

Meh I'm bored of arguing about Shaman.

I don't currently raid so I'm going PvP spec anyway so what do I care. Woo

Totally agree.

The set bonus is an utter joke (ZOMG, there's a chance I can give the target a lightning shield that does 50 nature damage if I wear 8 pieces), and many pieces are just the same in quality.

Take the shoulders. They look awesome, but the stats on it are all wrong. What also grates is the resistance jumps around all over the place.

I'd add the chest to the list of worthwhile pieces you mentioned (feet, bracer and glove), but then again is a marginal improvement worth the loss of the 5 piece EF? Probably not.

Indeed, maybe replace the boots for the chest, but other than that the other pieces are crap.

If you look at my "wishlist" in my CTprofiles sig, you'll see the perfect Resto Shaman gear. There is no better as far as I know, and it still uses the 5 EF piece set along with the 3 TS pieces. The other equipment all comes from AQ40, and isnt class specific, so other than the shield, I wont get any of it anytime soon.

Saying that however, after I get the 2 pieces of Ten Storms I need, what exactly is there for me to spend DKP on? 1.11 nerfs my windfury which means my dps goes down the tubes, meaning I will probably only spend dkp on melee stuff, which there isnt exactly a great deal of at endgame. I will be in the strange position of having loads of dkp, and nothing to spend it on :)

Remember kids, Mr Benn has been a whiner extrordanaire since his Halo 2 days and before that!

Meh who cares about clothies!

Its more the unpredictability of WF. We may get a massive WF crit which we can't control. Mages and Warlocks have a better idea of thier DPS output (although a massive crit is still possible). We can't put rockbiter on instead as that takes aggro.

Meh I'm bored of arguing about Shaman.

I don't currently raid so I'm going PvP spec anyway so what do I care. Woo

Yeah well they've improved the forgotten 2 weapon buffs, Frost and Fire, I'd be interested to know how they all compare now :)

I refuse to look at loot tables so I don't get my hopes up Mr Ben, but man, some of those items on your wish list are sexy. Never knew that old dear Onyxia could drop such a beautiful trinket. As you say the AQ stuff is by in large incredible, though I doubt I'll ever see them. As a guild we've taken Nef for the first time recently, and with Nax so close can't see us doing much AQ40 really.

Personally would take Malistar's Defender over the Wormscale for the extra mana/5 sec, but your choice is hardly poor. In a perfect world the dragon shield would have Malistar's stats. Best of both worlds then.

I'm also not 100% on EF shoulders. I don't have them yet, but when I do I'm not sure if I'd use them. Really, really like the mana/5 sec on my current ones, though the lack of spirit on them isn't good.

The way I see it, RDP is more a Paladin Shield as they need the +healing more, whereas Malistars is a Shaman one as they need the +mana regen more. The one from AQ40 mixes the two, so that its equal for both classes.

The way I see it, RDP is more a Paladin Shield as they need the +healing more, whereas Malistars is a Shaman one as they need the +mana regen more. The one from AQ40 mixes the two, so that its equal for both classes.

Why do you rate mana regen above +healing. You used to be a +heal whore.

Personally, I trust Gurgthock.

Why do you rate mana regen above +healing. You used to be a +heal whore.

Personally, I trust Gurgthock.

Whoever/whatever that is.

+mana regen is the way forward for a Shaman as we go oom so fast, and spirit is only good out of combat/casting. I still want more +healing, but more mana regen is a must really.

Tier 3 sets even though it's probably been posted somewhere

Despite the abominable gimp mask feature on the warlock set, I'm liking the overpowerdness of the set. Especially that corruption/vampirism. Even the looks are growing on me once I saw the set on a race other than gnome.

In fact, all the sets are looking pretty dandy stat wise(well, paladin set bonus looks iffy and I have no idea what shamans want).

I can see tier 3 being either all out Elemental or an Enhancement set with some Elemental. Either way, it will be another useless set for a Raiding Shaman. I do have my fingers crossed that I am wrong in this, but I wont hold my breath.

http://www.whataboutpp.com/tier-3.php

Judging by the stats on the only visible piece (the gloves), and the set bonuses... looks like T3 might actually be a good resto set. zomg.

Also: that rogue set looks awesome. Especially the little heart on the belt. :rolleyes:

Tier 3 sets even though it's probably been posted somewhere

Despite the abominable gimp mask feature on the warlock set, I'm liking the overpowerdness of the set. Especially that corruption/vampirism. Even the looks are growing on me once I saw the set on a race other than gnome.

In fact, all the sets are looking pretty dandy stat wise(well, paladin set bonus looks iffy and I have no idea what shamans want).

Got a site that has the full set stats? The bonuses look incredibly nice, and it's good to see there's no more spirit on them.

:lol:

The tier 3 set will now be THE set for a raiding Shaman. Finally! OMG, it is imba. The set bonuses alone make me want it, and practically every piece that I've seen has mana regen and healing out the wazoo.

:rolleyes:

GIVE!!!

I'm still in shock at the bonuses on the warlock one (faster CoDs, threat reduction and cheaper Life Tap are lovely but possible heals from Shadow Bolts on Corrupted targets? Holy Moley!) and have come up with a compromise of wearing the helm, leggings, bracers, boots, belt and ring. That will give me the 6 piece bonus without looking like something covered in vomit.

Re. the Shaman one's Totemic Power bonus - yes, please.

Interview with one of the devs produced this question:

Q. In terms of how Burning Crusade players will be able to handle older content, how many level 70 characters, for example, do you think it will take to kill Ragnaros?

A. I’m not sure because we’re actually about to start testing on that, but I would guess 10 to 15.

"But he can blow up entire mountain ranges!!!!!11111111"

^^Wow TRUFAX

1) When you're the size of a lorry, everything looks good.

I'm terrified of the new items. They're all AWESOME. Warrior suit with a shitton of +def and stam out of my ears! What i'm scared of is what we're gonna have to do to get em...

Have you seen the Legendary caster staffs? The priest one adds +300 healing! And gives +120 spell damage! Apparently you'll get them through quest lines, I imagine needing some ultra rare drops off some really nasty bosses, and then to probably summon an even nastier boss.