The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Another point from that NY Times interview around here somewhere confirmed that the Tier 3 stuff will be token based ala Zul'Gurub/Ahn'Qiraj but not necessarily reputation based as they realised getting something but not being able to use it for possibly ages while you grind out the rep level was pretty poor. Though part of me prefers to get something you can use right away, at least increases the chance that someone can get their set item as opposed to the all too frequent "[Nemesis Skullcap] [Nemesis Skullcap]" situations that occur in the earlier instances.

Another expansion question. Is the Expansion going to just be level 60-70 stuff plus new starting areas for the 2 new races or will there be new stuff for all levels? Anyone know? Would be a bit of a pain in the arse if you buy the expansion start one of the new races then spend the next god knows now long levelling them through 60 levels of stuff you'd done before before you can see any of the stuff you've just paid for. If I could be arsed I could probably find this out for myself but uts much quicker to ask you lot.

Well I've read in an interview that there'll be up to level 20 areas, but nothing on anything between 20-60.

I hope there is too, I like the look of both Drenai and Blood Elves. Shame there aren't going to be any new classes, I'd like to try out some new jobs too.

Yes, more scurrious rumour-mongering but this is pretty damn ace if it's true:

"Translation of the patch notes from the WoW China site has stated that 8-pc class sets are available in Naxxramus. On top of that, those sets will be specialized via choosing a "path" that you want. What this means is that you will have Tier3 sets being specialized to your template -- shadow priest, feral druid, combat rogue, fury warrior, etc. You can finally get a set that plays to your talents strengths."

If it's true, I can see a lot of shadowpriests and feral druids in particular dancing long into the night. Given how 3 of the 4 Warlock ones were strongly involved with Affliction, I wonder if there are Demonology and Destruction set bonuses to be had if so desired. And given how healtastic the initial shots of the Shaman sets have been, presumably you could go for an Enhancement set if you prefer as well..?

I wonder though, if you can get two types. I will go for the super-healer set first. But maybe after a while, say, the gloves drop again and each druid has a pair already. Can I get a second pair and make them all feral-like? Obviously tier 3 is a LONG way away for me but, even so potentially there may come a time when something's at risk of being disenchanted unless it's worth taking 'seconds'.

I mean this talk of "hero classes" has me worried even if it does sound a bit like Tauren droppings to me, because talents are annoying enough wihtout having to commit to one build or another through some sort of class-developing hero class...thing. If you can't take 2 pairs of tier 3 and convert them for different trees, then it makes picking a talent spec much more of a commitment.

Bah. Just give us a benediction/anathema style druid set, that transforms. Have a set bonus or something that makes it feral or caster, with a long cooldown so that you can't just do it from fight to fight and doesn't overpower us but at least lets us utilise all our trees effectively without having to carry around 3 sets of armour.

Woot, just one of those good nights last night.

Excellent raid in BWL. Great atmosphere and feeling, with new guys picked up from the disbanding of another big horde PvE guild, we smashed Razorgore, Vael and Broodlord in good time.

Then did the technicians et al. with just two or three deaths (an improvement over last weeks, shit everyones fecking dead). Next to Firemaw, and after some attempts, and line of sight issues people started to cry off tired. But after filling the spots, our last crack of the night saw him go down smoothly.

Bring on the other drakes on Monday.

I think I may have sorted the dreaded 132 error!

Started getting it again last night, every couple of minutes (after playing over 10 hours with the character). So once again I went over to the technical help but now there's an encyclopedic amount of information on it and loads of different causes/solutions rather than them just telling people their RAM is iffy.

Looks like it might have been a conflict with my onboard sound. I uninstalled the sound manager and reinstalled the drivers then happily played without incident for two hours.

Here's hoping... :)

We got three of the four Green Dragons last night, including two Horde first kills. Got Ysondre and Taerer on our first ever attempts on them, and Lethon on the second, which is cool, as he's usually around for a couple of days because people think he's two hard to bother with. We've downed all four of them now at one time or another. One of them dropped the awesome druid mace as well.

Ha ha, 3 days ago I said I didn't even know the item existed until Mr Ben pointed it out.

Today I won it ;) Best pleased.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=36048

Edit- Mallister just dropped and I won :wub:

That's +90mana/5 sec now, so happy.

Arrg, thats the only thing I want off Onyxia, period. I passed on the Ten Storms the last kill, cos it would just sit in my bank doing nothing. And no, I wont be speccing Elemental, not ever. A mix of Tier 1+2 will do me untill tier 3 thank you very much.

Any guild that doesn't use fixed price zero sum dkp with class priorities really is asking for it to be honest.

Thats whole point of dkp. Why bother with it if you're just giving items out to certain classes first??

Any guild that doesn't use fixed price zero sum dkp with class priorities really is asking for it to be honest.

Priorities hurt our raid group badly. Ever since they've been abolished I've only witnessed one asshole piece of rolling. Most people use common sense.

I'm happy with our DKP system really, it's only a few times like that when I've questioned it. If you enforce priorities then it's just other people deciding how you build your character, like being back in pick up groups where you are denied rolling on something that you want because the leader says it's a priest/warrior/mage item.

Like Trev says most people use common sense for the good of the group, if they don't then you're probably in the wrong raid group.

Its a stupid argument.

I don't want people deciding how to equip my character, but, I choose the most suitable items anyway.

What's the difference?

In a group of 40 people I would be surprised if you don't have a couple of mongos. We sure as hell did in my old guild.

The only thing I can see that Zero sum with priorities does is tell noobs how to play. They shouldn't cry they should be thankful, nod and hold their hands out for the correct epix for their class.

The very last time I played WoW I went to Zul'gurub where a Benediction equipped Priest rolled on and won Fang of Venoxis, no explanation given. There were at least 3 other people, a couple of Druids and a Shaman all with Blues. ;) People make me sad. If you're genuinely lucky enough to be in a guild where absolutely everyone knows the score and is considerate and willing to consider others first then you are luckier than you can imagine. For those of us not in Elitist Jerks, having a few people who genuinely know the game overseeing the system is infinitely preferable. The main defence for not having a decent system set up seems to be that nothing bad has happened yet. I wonder how quickly opinions would change when you get gypped out of something you've been after for months by someone who'll put it straight in the bank, or get much less value out of it.

Oh no wait, let me guess, if that happens its just a game... *yawn*

Fixed price and zero sum is just crazy though.

Hope you enjoy inflation then ;)

Thats whole point of dkp. Why bother with it if you're just giving items out to certain classes first??

Because that's how you end up with Paladins with Ashkandi and Hunters with Crul'shorukh?

You need some sort of class priority system if you intend to make sensible progress IMO - otherwise, this sort of shit happens...

sotsflol4fe.jpg

or this

http://hunterweapon.blogspot.com/

Mind you - should no Warrior need it, "Ass Candy" would do me nicely - or UTB or Zin'Rokh tbh - they're all actually better 'Hunter Weapons' than the Hunter Epic staff is ;)

I did enjoy standing in Org with my Obsidian Edged Blade tho :(

Ha ha, 3 days ago I said I didn't even know the item existed until Mr Ben pointed it out.

Today I won it :D Best pleased.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=36048

Edit- Mallister just dropped and I won :(

That's +90mana/5 sec now, so happy.

My druid nabbed this on Saturday, bringing me up to 85mp5. The next couple of items on my wishlist are the Rejuvenating Gem and the Shroud of Pure Thought.

I don't get it john.

How do you know he's not a shadow priest? Shadow Priests still heal, if you're about to say why's he wearing healing Tier 2 or whatever.

I think I saw someone complain that he had Spirit? Long boss fights. More mana. More sustained damage, it's not how most DPS casters think sure, but if he switches to healing as well and with the tier 2 3-set-bonus spirit gives a lot to priest?

Actually, John - maybe you can answer a question for me about questionable enchants - someone in guild chat the other day did the usual thing that really really bugs me for some reasn where they link some item and declare why whoever has it is wrong somehow without knowing the context - they linked the lokdelwhatever staff, hunter quest staff and it had crusader enchant on it. And they said it was Vurt.

I tried to explain that there's probably valid reasons for wanting to try crusader on it, that maybe you use another weapon for damage which has Agi enchant on it (you just said you preferred Zin'rokh over the staff) or whatever but no, this crybaby was still going "BUT ITS POINTLESS I AM UPSET WITH SOMEONE I DONT KNOW DOING SOMETHING THAT DOESNT AFFECT ME"

But I did promise this guy I'd ask you why you had it on there, cos I sort of knew you :D

I think I saw someone complain that he had Spirit? Long boss fights. More mana. More sustained damage, it's not how most DPS casters think sure, but if he switches to healing as well and with the tier 2 3-set-bonus spirit gives a lot to priest?

He'd be better off with +healing on that and switching to his Dancing Sliver/Will of Arlok with a spirit enchant for regenning.

He could be a shadow priest, but the rest of his gear in that screenshot is all about healing, so either he's equipped that to show off, or his itemrack/wardrobe/whatever needs sorting out.

Because that's how you end up with Paladins with Ashkandi and Hunters with Crul'shorukh?

I couldn't care less tbh.

If they've saved up their dkp and if they're willing to spend the amount more than anyone else then frankly they deserve the item. It's still benefitting the raid whoever gets it (unless it's something stupid like mages with perditions, but then as has been mentioned if thats going on then you're in the wrong group). Unless of course you're saying that some people in the raid are more important than others? But then I don't think thats the case.