IGNORED

The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Are you a physical CE guy like me? Blizzard's not happy with you not buying WoD a billion months early in advance yet. Buy it now damn it!

I....I don't get it. So they're telling me to buy it twice, contact them, and gift the 2nd purchase (of the normal digital release) to a friend? Saving me...zero pennies?

Fantastic!

Are you a physical CE guy like me? Blizzard's not happy with you not buying WoD a billion months early in advance yet. Buy it now damn it!

I....I don't get it. So they're telling me to buy it twice, contact them, and gift the 2nd purchase (of the normal digital release) to a friend? Saving me...zero pennies?

Fantastic!

Yeah that's a bit shit, I was hoping it was going to be a simple "pre-purchase the digital version, then when the CE arrives we'll refund the difference". Or even better, set up with retailers so you can buy it now, and get a pre-purchase code for the CE sent on payment. Or release the CE slightly early so people wanting it can get it early enough to make sure it's pre-loaded and ready to activate on launch. I know they have to consider people messing them about or trying to exploit it with cancelling orders or refunds and stuff, but there has to be better, more customer friendly ways to do it. This way requires me to find someone who is basically willing to wait till after I get my CE to start playing WoD for it to work, and is basically pointless.

Unless they change it so that you have the option to refund the key or pass it on, it's no use to most. I'll wait for the CE, ta.

Isn't that CE business just a response to people who are feeling hard done by for not getting a free character boost because they want the physical copy? Still not a good solution but hey...

So, Ulala's a monk. A person who actually hits stuff in the face? I feel like my world is upside down!

I've always leaned towards rogues and facepunchers, this was pretty much the only game where I picked a caster and stuck with them for any length of time. But now...now is all about the punching and staff twirling. Back to the roots, yo.

Finished Cataclysm, Vashj'ir was far and away the best part, I loved it right till it kind of died prematurely to what seems to be a notoriously bugged cut-scene. I just loved the sense of isolation and backs against the wall feel with the Earthen Ring and your couple of Horde commander bros in an alien environment, it felt different to anything else I've done in the game.

From there, did Deepholm, which was pretty in places but lacked a certain je nais se quoi in comparison. It was still miles better than the Twilight Highlands, though, which was rather disappointing note to end on, though I did like taking a squad of badasses to sneak in somewhere only for Cho'gal to show up and fuck 'em up in 2 seconds flat.

Been in Pandaria a day and the Jade Forest is already the best zone I think I've ever seen. Love the chilled out vibe, the little stories of Riko & Kiryn especially, and just generally bumming around the monastery enjoy the peace and calm before all the idiots no doubt show up to fuck it all up with their eternally mindless violence.

I also made myself a set of Cata engineer goggles and transmorphersized or whatever you call it those bad boys - big green goggles that do something, even if it is just look fabulous. Now if you'll excuse me, I can now turn my cloak into a Goblin Glider? Does this mean I have to start chucking pumpkins at people too? Because I'm cool with that.

I suspect you'll love the next zone (though you can pick from 2, no one goes Karasang!), which has the utterly charming story of Chen Stormstout, Li Li and a few others like Mudmug. These 2 zones completely sold me on the Pandaren as great additions to the game.

Also, brewfest is here! I love brewfest, that along with hallows end are my 2 favourite events, and i love just the atmohere that come with them. Only issue is, there isn't anything new this year and I already have everything (thanks account bound mounts!), and the drops are pretty much trash, so I don't actually have any reason to do anything this year. Other than a spot of nostalgia.

Just finished The Jade Forest.

:( :( :(

Like a complete sucker, the third mural reveal only dawned on me about 5 seconds before kicking off the cut-scene to show it, that whole penny dropping "oooh, excited to see wha- aw, crap" thing. God damn it.

I just got completely wrapped up in exploring the place, hearing the little history lessons and enjoying the generally lovely and relaxed vibe everyone has, I could have happily pootled through a whole expansion of seeing the sights, making pals and getting tipsy.

On a happier note, Riko's report ("[Tell the general] Riko's got this bitch on lockdown!") was grand.

I realise this may seem like an odd gripe but I do rather wish we could use white/grey loot for transforming equipment looks - all these staves and polearms are OTT for my tastes, I just want to use the plain old clean bo staff look. That said, I just picked up a couple of massive Wolverine-style claw things so I might switch to them instead.

In other news, I am totes in love with everything they've done with Pandaria, although I feel awful every time I stumble across a patch of this Sha nastiness, and kinda want to quit my faction and just wander the continent helping out folk and growing vegetables on the ranch.

Blizzard Cancels Titan Project

You might recall that Blizzard "reset" the Titan project back in mid 2013. Mike Morhaime confirmed to Polygon today that the project is now cancelled.

The team set out to make another amazing MMO after World of Warcraft, but they didn't find the fun or passion.

Metzen said the decision to cancel Titan was excruciating, but cancelling projects has always resulted in better quality work.

Right now Blizzard doesn't want to spend time working on another MMO.

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm helped Blizzard realize they don't have to work on giant projects.

However, it doesn't mean that the development team is no longer working on something. Multiple sources who seem to point towards a new unannounced project from Blizzard that would be codenamed Prometheus and could be another project built around a new license for Blizzard.

Keep in mind that this last bit is very much unofficial and unconfirmed.

Strangely enough I was thinking about Titan yesterday, and why Blizzard would automatically try to follow up WoW with another MMO. WoW is such a unique phenomenon, why not just let it be when it winds down (which will probably still be many years off). Especially when they produce something completely new and it turns out to be as great as Hearthstone.

After many grueling bouts in the Arenas and Battlegrounds, the time has nearly come to see who will reign supreme in this action-packed PvP season. Prepare to fight your last battles, and remember—to the victors go the spoils!

Arena and Rated Battleground Season 15 will be coming to an end in a couple of weeks. Once the season wraps, we'll begin an approximately two week process to determine end-of-season reward eligibility.

Qualified players should note the following in order to ensure you receive your just rewards:

• Please refrain from transferring your characters to another realm or faction until after PvP Season 15 has ended.
  • PvP Season 15 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends.

Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points at the end of the season, and any Honor above 4,000 will be converted to in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point. A few other things to keep in mind once the season has ended:

• The Honor cap will remain at 4,000.
  • Season 15 items with rating requirements will no longer be available for purchase.
  • Rated Battleground and Arena matches will not be available during the break between seasons.

Best of luck, gladiators!

"A couple of weeks". So strongly pencil in 6.0 for the 14th :P

To the surprise of no one - 6.0 next week!

Patch 6.0.2: The Iron Tide is scheduled to crash into Azeroth on Tuesday, October 14. Featuring new content heralding the Iron Horde incursion, updates to the skills and abilities for every class, and a host of gameplay adjustments, this overture to Warlords of Draenor is coming at you armed to the teeth.

Treacherous Developments
The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.

In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde . . . before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.

Word of this surprise attack sends players rushing to the Blasted Lands to reckon with the barbarous infiltration. After the fall of a high ranking Iron Horde general named Gar’mak Bladetwist, you’ll report what you’ve witnessed in the Blasted Lands to King Wrynn or Warchief Vol’jin. It’s apparent to both the Horde and the Alliance that this is only the first salvo in a much larger conflict, and the only way to win is to take the fight directly to the Iron Horde . . . by journeying through the Dark Portal into Draenor.

The Infiltration of Blackrock Spire
An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on.

Available to level-90 characters for a limited time, this specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde. Here, you will face Orebender Gor'ashan, Kyrak, and Commander Tharbek as you begin to take the fight to the enemy and sharpen the skills—and swords—you’ll need to succeed on an unwelcoming alien world.

Prepare yourself. Draenor is waiting.

And just to be clear...

All game-wide systems and content changes being introduced with Warlords are implemented with 6.0.2. That's all class changes, new character models, any end-of-seasons for PvP or Challenge Modes or Brawler's Guild, item squish, the new Premade Groups finder, any tuning or balancing, and pretty much every change that affects the game in a holistic way, all happen next Tuesday. So yeah, it's kiiiiiind of a big deal.

Oh also there's the pre-expansion event that happens too, so there's also some new content between now and the actual expansion launch.
What isn't available in 6.0.2, and requires Warlords of Draenor, is walking through the portal and experiencing the actual content of the expansion. Garrisons, dungeons, raids, quests, mounts, etc. etc.

Stop posting his videos. He's an idiot.

What was it? Says "removed by user" now.

And holy shit, I'd not realised how soon the next expansion actually is. I've not been playing recently, but I'll probably re-sub for the next patch just to get my characters/addons sorted for release, as well as do the pre-release stuff. And Hallows End, which is by FAR my fave of the holiday events. I mentioned not long ago that I love Brewfest, but this year I didnt really feel the urge to take part, so didnt really - there wasnt anything there I hadnt done. Hallows End is different, I'll happily repeat all the stuff on my alts because I just love it, it's like some bizarre comfort thing. Plus the Horseman has some pieces I can use for transmog as well.

I'm looking forward to the expansion, but I'm not really expecting too much from it this time. I did that with Cata, which I still enjoyed some of, but Cata was the least "fun" expansion for me for several reasons. I was really looking forward to it though but it just didnt capture me in quite the same way as Wrath did, which is still my favourite period from WoW. To the setting of Northrend, which was incredible, to the music, to the levelling which felt like you could explore and quest in many places without losing out, to the dungeons (yeah, they were easy, but harder than MoPs, and thematically I thought they were really cool), to the raids. And yeah, Naxx was a re-hash, but I hadnt experienced the original, so had a tonne of fun in there. And ok, TotC wasnt great, but Ulduar and ICC were superb. And the thing that made them for me was that they felt tuned pretty damn nicely to cover a range of skills, so you could PuG some of them, but also challenged the hardcore. I'm very much for games that create a world for you to almost live in. Cata didnt really do that. The zones were split and felt disconnected from the world. In Deepholm, I didnt really feel like I knew were I was relative to anywhere else. The only one that kind of did was Uldum, but the others were a bit poor, and it was soooooo linear. It's why MoP surprised me so much. Pretty much as soon as I stepped into Pandaria, I fell in love with it, and while the last 2 zones feel a little small and almost like they are rushing you through the story to level cap, overall it was utterly charming and had some great quests with wonderful characters. It made me totally a fan of the decision to add Pandaren.

Now to decide which character to level first....

I'm greatly enthusiastic about my time in Pandaria but holy fuck, the number of rep grinds is obnoxious, especially hiding a large part of the ongoing story behind the Warsong Dominance gang because that shit goes so slowwwwwwwly for something so relatively important. The Cloud Serpent one wasn't so bad once you realise how easy it is to nab all the eggs everyone else doing it seems to be completely oblivious of but as for the rest, eeeeeh.

On a more positive note, the Tillers are The Best Guys on Azeroth. I might just stay with them growing my scallions. I've got a super weed-killer thing now and everything! And Jogu is totes my bro 4 life.

Finally, Archaeology is mindless but so far I've gotten a load of fun, silly toys, a couple of BoA epics (Azshara's Dressing Gown, the First Shaman's Cowl) and a fuck yeah awesome BoA upgradable Spear of Xuen, which fits perfectly with my monk's ability to call on the big guy to lay down some piss.

Toybox collection guide (WIP) over at WoWhead. As the pre-patch hits tomorrow, the toybox, and it's respective achievements will also launch. There are 4 achievements for obtaining 25, 50, 100 and 150 toys with the final one giving out a toy itself.

Definitely worth a look for those who love achievements/toys!

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2409/toy-box-and-you-completing-your-collection

Bear in mind it is a work in progress as we don't know which items will/won't count towards the achievement etc but its a start!

So I came back a couple of times during Pandaria and despite it being a decent questing experience I only got my hunter to 90. I came back last week because let's face it. It's crack. Got my mage from 86 to 89 which was the most frustrating experience of my life. I don't remember it ever being this slow and crap at killing things. So I switch to my level 82 ret pally yesterday. Now at level 86 and it's an utter joy. Last time I played her was in Cataclysm when attacks only gave a chance of generating holy power. Now the spec seems far less RNG based and I have an actual rotation. Plus questing is so much smoother than with the mage.

Tomorrow's patch is going to break her good isn't it? Is there a good single article with all the major changes listed?

Reading the patch notes. Some very, very nice stuff in there. Real quality of life improvements. I did a lol at this one though

All characters now learn some important Major Glyphs automatically as they level up

Are they finally admitting new players can't actually afford glyphs? :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15682579/602-ptr-patch-notes-sep-18-9-18-2014

Hah, jeez forgot the patch was due because real life. Damn. Never did do the warlock green fire or totally finish the fight club stuff. Never mind can't wait!

If by Fight club stuff you mean Brawler's guild, I wouldn't worry. All the rewards will be back come WoD and apparently the bosses are essentially the same but in a different order so all the tactics etc should still be semi-relevant.

Herbalists can now harvest herbs throughout the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield an Herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
Miners can now harvest mineral nodes in outdoor areas of the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield a Miner will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.

Woooo