The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Yeah. A very large part of the game (at least it was till I saw it all) was just exploring the world. It was very cool seeing Winterspring for the first time, very cool seeing that bit south.

So it strikes me as odd that if they can't physically stop someone from entering an area that they'd just get huffy when people actually try to. Maybe it's a cunning ploy to get people interested inthe mystique of the area so when in an expansion you can explore it, people rush out.

Anyway. I'm a druid with an identity crisis at the moment. I've been resto for so long now. But after getting moonkin +damage pants from Skeram on friday (no other druids wanted) and getting an excellent powerranger Guise of the Devourer (feral - no other druids wanted) yesterday I'm having issues.

I'm currently trying out moonkin. The damage isn't that bad at all, plus you're buffing mages, plus it's fun. But the damage I haven't really been able to measure because there's been a lack fo healers in raids lately. But I won't stick with it, I have rubbish cloth +damage gear for the most part other than those leggings. On the other hand, I'm getting some excellent feral gear sorted, and our co-GM suggested I be "Resident Feral"

Course, it doesn't help that another officer was feral forever and is now resto, and seems rather stern on the idea that a druid should ONLY ever be resto and that we should all spec 49 in resto. Can't tell if he's bitter that Feral didn't work out for him or if he just believes in being l33t and hardcore and just copying Shinasu. Feral will probably still be shite in raids, but it's partly about fun and using every part of the game available to the raid and that doesn't mean sticking to template builds.

Cowfields: It's upto you how you spec however I guess if you spec "less raid friendly" you will give people an excuse not to invite you to raids...

I'd LOVE to try a BM Hunter build but it would gimp me in raids too much - so I'm gonna leave it until I make 440-50 unbuffed agi and take a week-or-2 off to try BM before respeccing to Survival4life ;)

Well we're talking about having The One Feral and The one Moonkin. We have another guy in the guild who is really in love with the balance tree and has done pretty decent damage on the meters, and that's not even counting the increased damage via his 3% crit. Furthermore even though I'm playing with it at the moment, I have no desire to go all the way with it, and neither do the other druids. So yeah, we can rely on having a moonkin about, without all our other druids just wasting time buying damage loot and healer loot etc.

So this is the idea for Feral, have one person going all the way with it, getting the best feral stuff that exists out there and then that's a handy asset to have in raids. I can go with that, having a druid change his spec every other week and try and equip for it is like letting all the priests and shamans take their rogue and hunter alts around all the time slowing down progress and upgrading.

Just means I'd have to make a commitment and I don't know, I might just decide I want to be resto again.

Either way I'll respec *again* this week to feral, and they're gonna let me MT Molten Core. hahahaha I'm gonna get them all killed.

I've always wondered if it would be possible to take down ragnaros with 40 rogues :blink:

Stock up on the Fire prot potions, wait till they finish the cooldown, have more and healing pots at the ready, pull, turn on Evasion and nuke.

Granted half the raid would be dead (or very likely all of it) but that much massive DPS would be a very fast kill even if only half the rogues were alive.

Sadly it wouldn't happen though cos too many would cry that there weren't a minimum of 15 healers in ther raid or that rogues were imba if they managed it :(

Rather dull night today. AQ got cancelled for the 4th/5th time due to lack of people. So we did bwl a day early instead. Usual lack of anything decent from the bosses(for warlocks anyway :D ) and it was all fairly standard until I got this:

8310crit8sh.jpg

I was so chuffed ^^

Yeah, they do. No imps on the stands unless you really want to sacrifice the damage of a rogue for 42 sta.

Thanks, so is it possible or advisable to even try getting bloodpact on that group - by placing the imp up the stairs or on the sand below? We found getting it on the middle group fine by placing it right above the platform, but those side ones :D

I usually place my Imp somewhere random near the tank as I'm running up the stairs. I trust my Imp will never screw up!

Did my first Twin Emp kill a few days ago.

Oh yeah I came back to WoW even though I destroyed everything and deleted my characters. My Guild was understanding enough to let me back in and got me raid equipped in 1 MC/BWL run.

B) :D

I usually place my Imp somewhere random near the tank as I'm running up the stairs. I trust my Imp will never screw up!

And blood pact reaches the platform players most or all the time? Thing I can't work out is what exactly melee range is for him, some bosses you can be standing a mile away thrashing in thin air and still be hitting them cos they're so big. But I don't get to melee Skeram much :D

Watch for a shit load of 1st kills after the patch drops. Kel'Thuzzad has already been killed on the PTR's.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post565883

A quick and simple thanks to everyone who helped test patch 1.11 on the Public Test Realms. It's amazing to see that we all share the same dedication for making this game great. With the nature of the MMORPG and quick-turnaround patching, we can never promise that things will be flawless. But we'll do our best to fix bugs as quickly as possible and show expediency with any tuning issues that might arise.

Just so you know, our internal testing efforts are ongoing. Our QA raid team has spent many hours on every encounter in Naxxramas. Now, they're focused on Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad -- the encounters which saw the least amount of testing on the PTR's (unless you count death touch hacking your way through the dungeon =P). Even after patch 1.11 goes live, our internal team will continue to work on the unbeaten encounters in Naxx to ensure the best possible tuning. It's always hard to get cutting edge content perfect, but we'll do our best to be responsive should any problems rise to the surface.

No promises as to when the patch is going live, but if I were you, I'd start working on that Argent Dawn rep by tomorrow -- either that or pillage the guild bank while the pillaging is good.

Your presence on the PTR's was greatly appreciated.

Alternatively - Patch Tomorrow!

We will be extending our normally scheduled maintenance tomorrow by approximately two hours beginning at 3:00 AM PDT in order to apply the latest content patch. That's right, I said it -- we're patching tomorrow. Hurry, read this message before it's deleted! The truth must be told!

Over a year in-game and I have to admit utter ignorance... 'death touched'?

Help!

Basically instakilled by a GM, or in this case, naughty Korean hackers who managed to obtain GM powers ;)

There were numerous cases on the US test servers of GMs and Devs bumping off some of the earlier bosses such as Patchwerk so some serious testing could be done on encounters later on in the wings.

All the times I did it the OT said he kept getting Earthshocked, or whatever the hell it is that happens when too many people stand there.

Hmm, it seem illogical to me that a phased imp would set it off but when the tanks say it's messing it up it's hard to argue. Last night we wiped repeatedly on Skeram, Arcane Explosions going off left right and centre (see what I did there ;) ) but that was after we pulled the imps right away.

One of those times I would have just liked to watch what was going on for the whole fight to see how many people were on the platform when they went off.