The Random WoW Thread

I'd rather they'd half the echos earned (Or just brought it more in line with the M+ rewards, say equiv to a +10 for a full clear) and just removed the cost to enter. I'm trying to gear up a lazer chicken at the moment, and visions as a chicken feel rough. I'd love to push for more of the currency and the higher gear, but the fear of "wasting" 10k is too great, given that I'm still after echos for rank 3s and corruptions.

They really should be sticking echoes on pretty much all content at the moment. It seems baffling that it's not on islands. Just let people do what content they want, in the way they want to do it.

I wouldn't say they shit the bed with 8.3, but they're infuriatingly close to solving all the issues I have with the current vision of what WoW is. I've been holding my tounge about Shadowlands at the moment, it LOOKS great, but they've not shown the endgame loop yet. There's a few bits of the covenant system that look slightly concerning. Mainly the venth ability to teleport to a location is WAY too powerful, to the point that it just needs to be trashed right now. The other one is the priest night fae ability, which is currently forcing the missus the consider droping the priest entirely in Shadowlands if it stays in (It's not a spell for you, it's a very powerful spell for someone else, and people are going to get activly narky about who gets to use it on an hourly basis).

On 02/06/2020 at 12:26, Loki said:

I levelled my Priest as Disicpline and just PvP'd my way to max. Some of the most enjoyable levelling there was with probably a 90% win rate! :P

This was a good shout, I was enjoying myself this morning win or lose. Then I met the nightmare that is party synced 120 MM hunters that can two shot you through pain suppression, having one or two of these on the opposition is bad. Having a full pre-made of 120s against you is not only unwinable it's unplayable. Still I used to do the twink thing way back when so I'm considering it karma.

On 02/06/2020 at 15:08, Doctor Shark said:

Do you think anyone will notice I'm in mercenary mode?

draeneihorde.jpg

Fun fact, if you use elvui it allows you to see who is in merc mode when you mouse over them. Which completely threw me first time I noticed.

On 06/06/2020 at 18:03, Nimmel said:

This was a good shout, I was enjoying myself this morning win or lose. Then I met the nightmare that is party synced 120 MM hunters that can two shot you through pain suppression, having one or two of these on the opposition is bad. Having a full pre-made of 120s against you is not only unwinable it's unplayable. Still I used to do the twink thing way back when so I'm considering it karma.

Yeah, the 120 sync scaling is fucked in the 111-119 bracket. There's two hunters that were queuing together when I was last playing (Bourrinax and Edgelorder) and they lost back to back games.

I obviously had to flame them for doing so, coz fuck em.

I’ve been playing a bit over the past week having last played in 2009 with WOTLK.  I tried Classic but it wasn’t for me.

It’s all very slick now isn’t it? And crazy fast levelling! I’ve been levelling as disc priest mostly  with randoms in dungeons, seems way more toxic than I remember :(.

Are there still forum peeps on Ravenholdt?

Don't think anyone still plays on Ravenholdt specifically, no. Ravenholdt is now linked with the other RP-PVP realms, though, such as Defias Brotherhood, Scarshield Legion and Sporeggar. They are, for all intents and purposes, a single server now.

Levelling has been sped up generally, but there's also a 100% increased experience buff promotion currently running, which essentially doubles the speed of levelling until Shadowlands is released later this year and the level range is squished back down to 60.

The community is like any, really. It can certainly be toxic, especially if you join dungeons and people don't know/care that you're new and expect you to know everything and go super fast. As always, joining a guild is the best bet. I never pug anything but regularly run dungeons and raids with my guild every week.

Yep needing currency to do vision is still one of the most stupid decisions blizzard could have made. 

That's my two runs done for the week with no reward and no way to practice. Amazing Content Blizzard .

• 3 weeks later...

There's a sale on in the shop now, so BfA is £15.99 at the moment, which annoys me because I bought it for £30 a couple of weeks ago.  However, I was wondering whether, if I bought another one, would I get another lvl 110 boost that I could use on my existing account?  Does anyone know?

Bum.

I can't be bothered to level a rogue up, and the boost in the store is way too expensive.

Anyway, I'm in BfA now.  What server are you guys all on?  Some servers are linked up or something now aren't they?  I'm on Alonsus, and I seem to be the only active member of my guild.  Would I be able to join up with rllmuk guys?  Just so you know, I'm not a hardcore raider so any contribution would be an incessant stream of nonsense in guild chat.

I have a 120 on Defias now @Doctor Shark!

Levelled a new Nightborne mage from scratch instead of spending money/gold on transfers. Only took 1 day and 4 hours of play time, she has a  whopping 80,000 health ;)

Think my Brutosaur dream is dead too. Managed to make 1.7m, but it's not even half way and I can't be arsed flipping shit so close to a new expansion. I'll maybe invest for SL and see if I can flip some stuff in the new expansion and grab it for a similar price on the BMAH or something.

image.png.4fd60e0869302e9f57721ccd7b7d4f80.png

A guy in my guild has made 3.3 million in three weeks, so it's definitely doable. He's doing something called 4x2, where you get 2 groups of 4 people as then everyone can loot the same mob (any more or any variation other than 4x2 and it tags the mob grey). Between the drops (including a couple of mounts) and just vendor crap, he's made loads. He's also running all the old raids across multiple difficulties and that makes quite a bit of money (especially wod where you can do them on all difficulties). 

Also, when did you level a mage? I ain't seen you on! 

Yeah, doing world farms in a 4x2 can make shit load of money, especially with the Tailoring tools of the trade item which increases cloth drop rates by an insane amount.

I don't like to queue up with others though, just like to farm at my own pace which is why the majority of my gold has come from selling Vials of the Sand. I might jump back into gold farming at some point though, just keep going steady.

I levelled it into the 110 bracket about 2 weeks ago I think, then just PvP'd to max level in BfA.

19 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

There's a sale on in the shop now, so BfA is £15.99 at the moment, which annoys me because I bought it for £30 a couple of weeks ago.  However, I was wondering whether, if I bought another one, would I get another lvl 110 boost that I could use on my existing account?  Does anyone know?

If you create a trial account and add the BFA licence to that, the 110 boost will appear on your main account.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316670/battle-for-azeroth-summer-sale-20-for-level-110-character-boost-10-for-collector

15 minutes ago, Sloth said:

If you create a trial account and add the BFA licence to that, the 110 boost will appear on your main account.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316670/battle-for-azeroth-summer-sale-20-for-level-110-character-boost-10-for-collector

13 minutes ago, TomCGCG said:

Also the pre-order for Shadowlands has a level 120 character boost for the non-base editions.

Don't think the 120 boost works like that, though, with the trial account thing. Interesting to see the 110 does.

I read a thread that suggested that if you make a second WoW account on your Battlenet profile and buy the BfA upgrade for it, the lvl 110 boost would be applied to the Battlenet account rather than the specific WoW one.  It's a thought.  I'd quite fancy trying out a Rogue or a Priest to see how they play now.  I've previously played both up to about level 20, but not since Cataclysm (the Priest I last played in vanilla wow.)  You can pretty much level a character up to 110 in a week or two (obviously there are people who can do it much faster than that) but £16 to instantly get to that level without having to spend hours and hours in content I've done so many times in sort of appealing.  I could boost one of the two classes, then leave the 120 boost you get with the next expansion for the other one.  They're the only two classes I haven't played up to about lvl 50 or so.

Basically, since I've returned to WoW I've settled into life as an altoholic.  I still don't have a level 120, but I do have five or six lvl 100+ and another few 80+ and I switch from one to the other, rarely playing the same character on two logins in a row.  I used my lvl 110 boost to start a Paladin and boost it up as I'd never played one before, and going through BfA on that has been a lot of fun.  Classes these days seem to be locked in to a very specific playstyle at about level 50 and you spend the rest of your time pressing the same buttons over and over, so playing a new class in a new expansion was really refreshing.

I dunno, if it didn't work I'd be annoyed.  Even if I did I'd castigate myself for spending money on such pointless frivolities.  I'll let you know what happens when I inevitably do buy it.

That certainly used to work during Legion, not sure if it still does. I grabbed a couple of cheap copies of Legion back in the day, applied them to two different WoW accounts and could use those boosts on my main one. 

Apparently Shadowlands has its boost locked to the account that activated it. 

Someone said this worked today:

You can create up to 8 accounts on your same Battlenet account.

Those additional ones (wow2 through 8) can be free trial accounts.

Once you log into one of them, you can choose on the character selection screen to “upgrade to BfA”, since free accounts only include up to Legion content. Which right now only costs $20.

Once you do that, you will have a “free” 110 boost. The little Icon will appear visible on all your accounts.

This boost can be used on any account on the same battlenet. Including your main one.