IGNORED

The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Ooo, you just beat me. I'm currently on 19, but that's with an Alliance scumbag in there ;) Will be 20 in a week or so though as I have my monk to level with Rach sat at 40.

3 x Mage (Undead main, Nightborne, Human)

3 x Druid (Troll, Highmountain, Zandalari)

2 x Warlock (Undead, Vulpera)
2 x DH (Blood Elves)

2 x DK (Mag'har Orc, Troll)
1 x Hunter (Orc)
1 x Priest (Blood Elf)
1 x Paladin (Blood Elf)
1 x Warrior (Tauren)
1 x Shaman (Orc)
1 x Rogue (Troll)
1 x Monk (Blood Elf)

I've done Nathanos on all of them for weapons, but I'm not bothering gearing any of them with the event. It just seems like too much effort for items that will be replaced a week into the new expansion.

I’m glad I’m not an outlier and there are others like me :lol:

To be honest I didn’t know you had so many characters. Well played, sir. 

15 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I’m glad I’m not an outlier and there are others like me :lol:

To be honest I didn’t know you had so many characters. Well played, sir. 

Haha, aye man! I like to level everyone to max, just coz I like PvP'ing and then drop off at max level coz I never raided or did rated BG/Arena so ended up just stopping.

Loki will be OP this expansion though ;)

48 minutes ago, Loki said:

Haha, aye man! I like to level everyone to max, just coz I like PvP'ing and then drop off at max level coz I never raided or did rated BG/Arena so ended up just stopping.

Loki will be OP this expansion though ;)

We're doing rated arena and BGs this expansion. I want that spider.

For the first time I'm genuinely considering not buying the expansion for launch. I don't know why, cos I was eager to go till it was delayed and even had time booked off for it, but now I can't bring myself to play it all. My new main is still only 41 with less than a week to go till launch but I've just lost all motivation to play which kinda sucks. 

Just a weird position to be in considering before this, I have played every one day one xD Will see how I feel closer to launch day

On 19/11/2020 at 14:57, Varsity said:

For the first time I'm genuinely considering not buying the expansion for launch. I don't know why, cos I was eager to go till it was delayed and even had time booked off for it, but now I can't bring myself to play it all. My new main is still only 41 with less than a week to go till launch but I've just lost all motivation to play which kinda sucks. 

Just a weird position to be in considering before this, I have played every one day one xD Will see how I feel closer to launch day

You could smash those 9 levels in dungeons easy :). But I hear you on this, I often find when I go hard on gearing a character I get burnt out when I get mid way through a new character

5 hours ago, Profgoten said:

You could smash those 9 levels in dungeons easy :). But I hear you on this, I often find when I go hard on gearing a character I get burnt out when I get mid way through a new character

I know, and I suspect I will before launch day because the old urge to play will come back but atm, not really feeling it.

I've managed to clear the first zone, and that was only done by getting up at 5am and sneaking in an hour before getting ready for work every day. Honestly, this is a fecking joke. Just got home and saw a 223 minute queue. Nearly 4 hours. I'll be getting ready for bed at that point. I'm going to have to miss the majority of the first tier at this rate. I don't think I can be on Draenor any more, it doesn't fit in with a proper working life.

I gave in and got this just like I said. I have the pleasant feeling this expac will be a hidden gem despite having virtually no hype for it beforehand. 

Finished all of the first zone yesterday and frankly it blows BFA out the water. I have a feeling I'll be at cap well before the end of the story though as I'm halfway through 54 before even starting the second zone. I was tempted to skip all the sidequests but for the first time in a long time, I'm reading all the quest text and really taking my time because I'm genuinely interested. 

Because of work schedules I'll probably be behind for the first tier of raiding anyway, or at least won't be raid ready for the week it comes out, so there's no immediate rush to start gearing etc. But yea, so far, loving it ^^ 

5 hours ago, Varsity said:

I gave in and got this just like I said. I have the pleasant feeling this expac will be a hidden gem despite having virtually no hype for it beforehand. 

Finished all of the first zone yesterday and frankly it blows BFA out the water. I have a feeling I'll be at cap well before the end of the story though as I'm halfway through 54 before even starting the second zone. I was tempted to skip all the sidequests but for the first time in a long time, I'm reading all the quest text and really taking my time because I'm genuinely interested. 

Because of work schedules I'll probably be behind for the first tier of raiding anyway, or at least won't be raid ready for the week it comes out, so there's no immediate rush to start gearing etc. But yea, so far, loving it ^^ 

The levelling speed is really out of whack. For me, it worked out like this:

Bastion - 7 story chapters and all but two of the side quest hubs took me from 50 - 54 (just shy of 55) 

Maldraxxus - 7 story chapters and all but two of the side quest hubs took me from 54 - 57. Probably my least favourite zone, it felt like a slog and the xp rewarded seemed low. 

Ardenweald - 8 story chapters and all but one side quest hub took me from 57 - 60. 

You have to finish the whole campaign before you can unlock all the endgame stuff, so I still had to go do Revendreth (which was fine as it was my favourite zone!). The story there is 8 chapters but really quick. 

Glad you’re enjoying it. I’ve got a good feeling about this one, too. 

Torghast is really good, I can see it being a brilliant feature. 

In other news, finished all the dungeons on mythic difficulty. Ilvl 175. None particularly difficult and none really stood out. Say what you like about BFA as a whole, it had some cracking dungeons. Jury is still out in Shadowlands ones. Need to run them in m+ as that’s where the fun will be. 

13 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

I've been able to log in on Draenor once since the expansion was released.  I have a bunch of characters on Alonsus, on the Alliance side, and there hasn't been any queues there for the past couple of days.  I've played a bit on there.

Indeed, Draenor is a mess, like to have a go at healing but most of my healers are on Draenor and a 2 hour wait to log on is a bit of a joke. I can't even pay to transfer as that wont work either.

On 20/10/2020 at 23:30, yashiro said:

I'm still on ER, you're welcome to join my guild. It's mostly full of old players from vanilla times. We'll be raiding in Shadowlands (Heroic and Mythic) if you fancy that. Contact Kabuto or Korruk when you're online or use the in game thingy to apply to Praetoria Imperialis and put 'rllmuk' in your note.

Going to take you up on that I think, will give them a whisper tomorrow. Will be dragging along @shock33 as well.

Currently 55 - like Bastion, Maldraxxus is ok, I'm liking the setting of it more than I thought though the questing has been meh at best.  Its also got a pretty boring (as a hunter) covenant power.  I suspect whoever said they were capped by Ardenweald had war mode on - I havent and from what I've heard doing a reasonable amount of additional stuff to the campaign caps you just before the end of Revendreth, which seems to be what I'm on track for.

3 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Currently 55 - like Bastion, Maldraxxus is ok, I'm liking the setting of it more than I thought though the questing has been meh at best.  Its also got a pretty boring (as a hunter) covenant power.  I suspect whoever said they were capped by Ardenweald had war mode on - I havent and from what I've heard doing a reasonable amount of additional stuff to the campaign caps you just before the end of Revendreth, which seems to be what I'm on track for.

No war mode, hit 60 in Ardenweald. 

I almost finished the last zone before I hit 60. I just did the campaign quests and the 3 previous zone’s dungeons. Great work I thought - much better than Battle for Azeroth. I found the 3rd forest zone a bit of a slog though. 

Easy covenant choice for me - Venthyr. 

Right, it might be time to put our Anima where our mouth is, so to speak. I can now get off Draenor to pretty much any server that isn't full. Within 30 mins of dinging, we had our GM whispering us asking what our ilvl was, and had been periodically asking us how far on the way to 60 we were.

Me and the wifey have this, oddly, seamingly unique situation where we are both working full time outside of our home. Which being on Draenor, has meant on some nights we've only been able to play for 30 mins.

I don't think mythic raiding at their level is actually feasible for us anymore. I can commit to a couple of raid nights a week, but it now pretty much has to be on weekends and cramming in a load of initial gear farming (m0s and the like), is looking like a lot of time we just currently can't spare.

In a roundabout way, what I'm saying is. Do any of you guys have heroic (Maybe a few bosses mythic towards the end) guilds that would take in a couple of Draenor refugees? We're both going DPS this expansion (as due to work commitments, it's a bit shitty when your healer has to be 'on call' and leave you without a healer).

Thanks all!

My guild on the Defias Brotherhood group of servers. We’re casual, raiding heroic and we always get curve. We raid two nights a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7pm - 10pm UK.

We’re only taking social applicants at the moment though since, as you might expect, we’ve had an influx of returning players suddenly interested in raiding again (where were they the last 9 months, though, eh?). This will likely change as people burn out and/or we get curve, but I couldn’t promise anything. Tanks and healers are always preselected based on past attendance and performance so no spots there. 

Oh, and we’re Horde. 

Got my rogue to 60 over the weekend and treated myself to two new daggers off the AH with the gold I never spent on a dinosaur. Sub rogue burst is insane with the Kyrian ability.

image.png.3a30b5f53117526f58f0be784281ed96.png

Griz.thumb.jpg.01c4b28d988d627905bd70fd86ea34de.jpg

Also need to focus on my mage a bit more and give arcane a shot in PvP as frost felt a bit lacking.