IGNORED

The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Went ahead with the covenant change from Venthyr to Night Fae.

You lose everything other than your existing conduits. Lose your anima, upgrades, champions (thought they might just give you the second if you it previously) and have to collect the 1000 anima again.

Wasn't too bad though, got back to renown 3 within the night.

There are three top legendaries for protection paladin, one that’s best for raid, one that’s best for m+ and one that is kind of on the middle for both. I’ve made my raid one, I’ve got the middle one but can’t make it until next week or the week after, and I haven’t had the m+ one drop yet. 

With soul ash being capped per week, does that mean if you wanted to craft multiple you'd not be able to craft the extra ranks of each one?

I'm probably just going to stick with Arcane Bombardment myself when I can get access to it. 130% extra damage on Arcane Barrage against enemies below 35% health.

Basically an execute for PvP. I'll take that ;)

So I'm back too, I doubt for very long but I've been sinking far too much time, effort and stress into work and the only thing that really has a hope of dragging me away is the addictive insanity of WoW.  I'm all for it.

I unlocked the vulpera and want to start one but can't decide on class.

Levelling my shaman on Defias Brotherhood, enjoying the story so far :) 

I'm a n00b again, it's great.

On 28/11/2020 at 13:22, Doctor Shark said:

No war mode, hit 60 in Ardenweald. 

Were you doing side quests or dungeons?  I didnt do that many, mainly focused on the campaign and hit 60 a few days ago with 3 of the campaign chapters left in Revendreth.

There's quite a bit of talk about threads of fate being much slower than doing the campaign for alts, which is a shame.  Someone even worked out the average exp they were earning for both methods, and the campaign was over twice as efficient.  Some people have suggested that the most efficient alt levelling system is to grind out dungeons in a premade group, but Preach - who bear in mind is a high end guild mythic raider who pushes for clearing content as fast as possible - has said that while he did that on his alts and yes, it was quick, he was in a group of focused end game raiders and even then, it was probably a little slower.

The other thing is alts need to do the Maw quest again, there isnt an option like the previous 2 expansions where you can skip the into quest line.

On the plus side it has put me off levelling an alt right now so I can focus on my main, which feels like I have lots to do at the moment.

Yes. As I said in my original post:

The levelling speed is really out of whack. For me, it worked out like this:

Bastion - 7 story chapters and all but two of the side quest hubs took me from 50 - 54 (just shy of 55) 

Maldraxxus - 7 story chapters and all but two of the side quest hubs took me from 54 - 57. Probably my least favourite zone, it felt like a slog and the xp rewarded seemed low. 

Ardenweald - 8 story chapters and all but one side quest hub took me from 57 - 60. 

You have to finish the whole campaign before you can unlock all the endgame stuff, so I still had to go do Revendreth (which was fine as it was my favourite zone!). The story there is 8 chapters but really quick. 

The “quickest” way of hitting end game on an alt, if speed is what you’re after, is do story until 59, then switch to threads of fate. This is because if you do story and hit 60, you have to finish the revendreth campaign before you can open everything up. If you do story to 59 and then switch to threads of fate, it completes it for you and as soon as you hit 60 you can crack on with opening up your covenant, the maw, torghast and so on. 

It is unfortunate you have to do the maw intro quest on a level 50 alt and can’t skip. Even with AAP installed and automatically accepting/handing in quests and skipping cutscenes it still takes about 40 minutes. It does give you almost a complete level, but there’s a lot of waiting around for people to talk and walk slowly. I’ve done it three times now and any time it enters RP I just tab out for a bit. 

My prot paladin is at ilvl 182 and read to start the raid next week. I need epic shoulders and a weapon/shield to get rid of my final blues. 

Got my brewmaster monk to 60 on Friday. He’s ilvl 170 now which is good because if Blizzard end up nerfing the arse off prot paladin I’ll have a backup. They’ve already nerfed a prot paladin conduit by 70% and popular streamer Rextroy solo’d mythic Theatre of Pain on his prot paladin, so I’m expecting more smacks with the nerf bat soon. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

The “quickest” way of hitting end game on an alt, if speed is what you’re after, is do story until 59, then switch to threads of fate. This is because if you do story and hit 60, you have to finish the revendreth campaign before you can open everything up. If you do story to 59 and then switch to threads of fate, it completes it for you and as soon as you hit 60 you can crack on with opening up your covenant, the maw, torghast and so on. 

They hotfixed this, you can now switch over at 60.

We're 7/10 on normal mode now. We would have been further but people just wouldn't get the Council of Blood fight down. It didn't help that we were massively melee heavy so people kept getting linked to each other then charging the blood right through the raid. Otherwise it was a fun fight. We ended up with two goes on Sludgefist before we called it for the night but he seemed easy enough. We'll blast through these first 7 tomorrow and hopefully clear it by Tuesday and move onto Heroic after Christmas.

Went 9/10 normal castle nathria tonight in our fresh run. Sire Denathrius is a brilliant, brilliant fight. Really enjoyable, loads going on, lots of personal responsibility for mechanics for everyone. We got him down to 50% on our second pull before calling it for the night. We’ll go back Tuesday and kill him, then start heroic in January. 

Just two shot the boss at the end of a Torghast run as a Shadow Priest. Got the power that stores 200% of your healing into your next Mind Blast twice and took all the health upgrades. Ended up with 156k health and with spellpower additions hit him for over 700k from one spell. Laughed my tits off.

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

I'm absolutely flying through this, only really started yesterday and I'm level 34 already, I'm guessing it'll slow down around 50.

Does joining a guild add anything to the leveling?

People to talk to, maybe some people around your level to group up with and I think it still gives a 10% XP boost.

10 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

I hit 60, guess i just finish up the story then start with end game gear grind and do lots of the stuff I've missed between vanilla and now. 

That’s correct; you have to finish the whole story campaign to unlock the end game. This means doing all of the story chapters in each of the four zones, ending with Revendreth - if you’re 60 you’re probably not far off this already (I hit 60 in the third zone and still had to go do the story in Revendreth which was fine because it was a good one). 

Once you’ve done that there are a few quests to get you established for end game - choose your covenant, unlock the maw and torghast, progress the story further - and then you’ll have loads to do on a daily and weekly basis. 

Are you Horde or Alliance? Could always run some dungeons or do some PvP with you, depending on which side you’re on (I’m Horde!).