The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

Almost 60 now, I know that you guys can only speak from your server’s experiences but do guilds allow non-guild members to run raid-instances with them? I really don't want to leave my guild if possible it's small and friendly but there is no way on earth it's ever going to be in a state to do MC and the like.

Is the best place to check the WOW EU forums for possible groups (I tend to avoid it like the plague normally)?

Depends where you play really.

On The Venture co, raiding is pretty much a guild activity. There are a number of raiding guilds and you need to join them to go raiding.

But, on many of the older servers, you see more raid groups. Which is independent of guilds, and so you stay in the guild you want, and then go raiding independently.

You need to see what your server is like.

PL take non-guildies raiding on ER Alliance side. We only do ZG at the moment, one day we'll move on the AQ20 as well :D I'm in another non-guild raid group (Hope) for MC, so it's definately possible to do it without leaving your guild on ER.

Given the World Cup's on for another couple of weeks and the guild 'relaunch' isn't until then, I'm going to skip raiding and just rack up as many Scholol runs as possible. 300 rep a run not including whelp scales and Scourgestones, 2, maybe 3 runs a night...should do the trick. I just can't bring myself to pay those bastards to get into the necropolis.

*Cough* Cheapskate *Cough*

Chimaera do pug MC runs (with signups) as well as the odd ZG pug run if we're short of people. It all depends on the mindset and how far people have progressed in instances. We're at the Twin Emps in AQ40 having cleared MC easily and can clear BWL in one night, so we dont need stuff from MC really, but go to get Nexus Crystals and the odd good drop off Raggy for example.

As far as I know, we're the only Horde guild to do this, though I dont know why others dont, as it can be a good source of income and also you get to see what people are like in a raid, and whether they enjoy raiding. We've had a fair few people apply that have done a few runs with us in MC for instance.

A shadow priest has applied to join our raid group in the warlock section, clearly because our raid group does not allow priests to have any shadow talents.

I'd like to see them in our group personally but it's never going to happen because apparently "shadow priests cannot heal" and they wouldn't allow a shadow priest taking a warlock spot to bid on any class specific items - meaning they'd never get better at healing.

I seem to be the only one in our group that thinks this, sadly I'm not experienced enough in priest ways to argue different.

We also have this setup where 5 of each class in a 40man group is seen as one of the ten commandments of raiding and will achieve the ultimate balance and optimum performance in all instances.

Any other raid groups here which don't allow shadow priests? feral druids or moonkin?

A shadow priest has applied to join our raid group in the warlock section, clearly because our raid group does not allow priests to have any shadow talents.

I'd like to see them in our group personally but it's never going to happen because apparently "shadow priests cannot heal" and they wouldn't allow a shadow priest taking a warlock spot to bid on any class specific items - meaning they'd never get better at healing.

I seem to be the only one in our group that thinks this, sadly I'm not experienced enough in priest ways to argue different.

We also have this setup where 5 of each class in a 40man group is seen as one of the ten commandments of raiding and will achieve the ultimate balance and optimum performance in all instances.

Any other raid groups here which don't allow shadow priests? feral druids or moonkin?

We had the bestest shadow priest ever, typically he'd be top 10 on the damage meter and top 10 on the healing meter and boosted the warlocks damage output with that delightful shadow weaving to boot. Plus he was a wicked guy but alas he was unhappy with certain idiots in the guild and its general penchant for drama so he left and went elsewhere. I do miss him so, it's possible my current malaise is down to pining for him even...

But yes, when played well, shadow priests are great, often both healing and dpsing nicely so I'd say there's definitely room for one or two. Alas, there are a lot of bad ones out there, though and in our case I'm not hopeful regarding his mooted replacements.

We had the bestest shadow priest ever but he was unhappy with certain idiots in the guild and its general penchant for drama so he left and went elsewhere. Typically, he'd be top 10 on the damage meter, top 10 healing meter and boosted the warlocks damage output with that delightful shadow weaving. Plus he was a wicked guy. I miss him so, it's possible my current malaise is down to pining for him even...

But yes, when played well, shadow priests are great, often both healing and dpsing nicely. Alas, there are a lot of bad ones out there, though and in our case I'm not hopeful regarding his mooted replacements.

Wasnt Aziza was it? :blink:

Looks to me like he is doing everthing a warrior should be doing. Good timing on the mage's part I guess.

Nah, he's horrible.

1. He doesn't use the PvP trinket ONCE

2. He intercepts after every frost nova, a good warrior will only intercept after a mage blinks, only AFTER

3. He doesn't use piercing howl ONCE

It's either a setup, or he's very, very bad.

Raynee you pussy fight me!!!!

Sat outside of ZG quite bored waiting for 20 people to get down there, and Raynee and his mates crowding around just looking at the grss it seem's.

After nobody would duel us, me Elianna and Nighclaws all put our pvp, being outnumbered by the hordeat around 4/1.

Stop moo'ing and looking at the grass and fight you pansy cow's.

Raynee you pussy fight me!!!!

Sat outside of ZG quite bored waiting for 20 people to get down there, and Raynee and his mates crowding around just looking at the grss it seem's.

After nobody would duel us, me Elianna and Nighclaws all put our pvp, being outnumbered by the hordeat around 4/1.

Stop moo'ing and looking at the grass and fight you pansy cow's.

:D

Oh man, what a night. First guild naxx run.

"hey look! Some small spiders! Lets pwn them!"

wipewipewipe

"Hey look! Some slightly bigger spiders! Lets pwn them!"

wipewipewipe

*repairbot*

"Hey look! It's a boss called a'nub! He'll be easy, lets pwn him!"

wipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipe

"Good try guys!"

15g in repairs and I don't think we even got him to 85% :D

I was looking forward to your post!

How far have you got, which bosses and stuff? Any fun trash/weapon drops.

We've killed Anub, Noth, Razuvious and the Grand Widow. Tomorrow night we'll be working on Maexxna (final spider wing boss). We've had a lot of trash drops, all of which were from the Deathknight wing wierdly enough:

Stygian Buckler

Ring of the Eternal Flame (x2)

Misplaced Servo Arm

Belt of the Grand Crusader

Necro-Knight's Garb

The mace we got from the Grand Widow was awesome though, +161 healing on it :D

Oh man, what a night. First guild naxx run.

"hey look! Some small spiders! Lets pwn them!"

wipewipewipe

"Hey look! Some slightly bigger spiders! Lets pwn them!"

wipewipewipe

*repairbot*

"Hey look! It's a boss called a'nub! He'll be easy, lets pwn him!"

wipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipewipe

"Good try guys!"

15g in repairs and I don't think we even got him to 85% :D

:D

To be honest, thats what we did, but with far less wiping on trash. That 1st boss though. Jesus!!

To be honest, thats what we did, but with far less wiping on trash. That 1st boss though. Jesus!!

Well, we only wiped 3 times maybe on the trash? They go down easy as pie once you sort it out properly.

But yeah the spider boss is a bit of a c*nt. Took us until the end of the night to actually manage to start kiting him properly around the edge without the tank or hunter dying. =x

Next time fo 'sho B)