The Random WoW Thread

Bojangle

We seem to have decided to sideline AQ40 in favour of Naxxramas - as there's far more important items in Naxx - and it's 'game progress' where AQ40 is a sideshow at best.

We goto AQ40 1 night and do door-Huhuran - mainly for the BoN rep and odd items people have on their wishlists (which never drop!!).

Sometimes Huhuran dies, sometimes we run out of time or wipe one too many times - and that's it for the week - the Twemps are off our menu for the time being it seems.

They are INSANELY tough ofc. - even their TRASH is insanely tough - but I suspect as we get more of those 'Regalias' there will be more pressure to move on and take the Twemps down perhaps...

Err lol?

It actually went to Squirrelbane, a Warlock. Replaced his Spirit of Aquamentis (green). Quite the upgrade.

Ah, I'm glad it was a good upgrade for him. If I'd been there I might have grabbed it, not realising that his need was far greater than mine.

I take it Morphling got the Splinter on earned DKP?

Past 2 days I got the paladin libram of divinity, lightforge helm and lightforge gauntlets on my first runs of scholo and strath. It's been a good few days.

Argh! Since they introduced them I've never seen a libram drop...

I take it Morphling got the Splinter on earned DKP?

Aye. Good luck to him getting the pieces tho. Really considering theres 40 parts to get, he should get prio on them otherwise no-one will ever get the damn thing.

Argh! Since they introduced them I've never seen a libram drop...

Got the Shaman one from Scholo on the 2nd run after they were released :lol:

Aye. Good luck to him getting the pieces tho. Really considering theres 40 parts to get, he should get prio on them otherwise no-one will ever get the damn thing.

Yeah, he'll definitely get priority on the parts. I think he's got a Regalia thingy as well - staff overkill! :lol:

Yeah, he'll definitely get priority on the parts. I think he's got a Regalia thingy as well - staff overkill! :lol:

Thats the problem with letting highest earned dkp dictate loot. It should only dictate orange loot, not epics really.

Anyway, putting a request here for fellow Chimaera folks. Can we get Sciron/Pompey88 in as a social member? I havent spoken to Ish about this yet, but it would help I think if he had some "backing" so to speak from the other members. Thoughts? Bear in mind there are other social members (alliance for one) in the guild already, so I cant see why not really.

Edit: Just to add spoke to Sci last night, and he seemed keen on the idea. Be nice to have all the old gang in one guild again.

Good fun last night playing a friends rogue, me and Theorum went to STV to get the chest and we destroyed everyone there. Then we had soem fights to the death in the Arena which i won the first and he had to walk :lol: .

After losing the next 2 i was trying to get Theorum to rez me and accidently whispered Khaz telling him i love him!

You two keep on pestering me to join Chim ;)

Good fun last night playing a friends rogue, me and Theorum went to STV to get the chest and we destroyed everyone there. Then we had soem fights to the death in the Arena which i won the first and he had to walk ;) .

After losing the next 2 i was trying to get Theorum to rez me and accidently whispered Khaz telling him i love him!

You two keep on pestering me to join Chim :(

:lol:

So you bloody should tho!

Although nothing compared to you T2 lot, my guild has got the first 7 bosses down in MC after 2 weeks.

Am well pleased, although I have a distinct lack of loot and a load of DKP.

Good lord that's speedy! :)

So that's you just with majordomo and raggy left? I wish you well in getting them down as fast as the rest. Then you can move onto the infinitely more enjoyable Blackwing Lair.

So after clearing aq40 up to the trash before the twimps yesterday, it was expected that we'd have another night of solid twimps attempts tonight.

That was until people remembered the football. So we had a fuckload of "omg sorry have to sign out football lol" posts. So we ended up lacking a properly organised group for the attempts so there was no point in trying and the raid was called off. Such a bloody waste.

Thank god it's back to normal next week.

You what? Why not? :)

This post has confused me.

I just didn't see the point of discussing inviting people into our guild in this forum - it could, if you were a cynical type, look like we were trying to be cliquey or whatever - and I hate that.

The guild has forums for a reason and Khaz (MrBen) and Gouki(SithlordX) applied via the front door and DESPITE my recommending them, got in anyway so the same theory applies... :D

Anyway - Sciron (Pompey) is now a social passenger of the Draenor HordeFirstMobile - hope you like the ride as we power ahead of the noobs and onwards towards Tier 3 and all that other crap :)

GCFY!

I just didn't see the point of discussing inviting people into our guild in this forum - it could, if you were a cynical type, look like we were trying to be cliquey or whatever - and I hate that.

The guild has forums for a reason and Khaz (MrBen) and Gouki(SithlordX) applied via the front door and DESPITE my recommending them, got in anyway so the same theory applies... :)

Anyway - Sciron (Pompey) is now a social passenger of the Draenor HordeFirstMobile - hope you like the ride as we power ahead of the noobs and onwards towards Tier 3 and all that other crap :)

GCFY!

Yeah, in the end I just asked Rimni and he basically said "cant see why not". So alls well that ends well.

Off topic, damnit, I keep forgetting I need to goto UBRS to get the new rank of Flameshock. Will have to do that on the weekend or something.

I got my first epic last night, Kroll blade dropped in strat, and I won the roll against a pally. Hooray!

Gratz! Getting your 1st is a really great moment :)

I got 2 epics in ZG last night and only spent 35 DKP! - thats 1 nights worth of points with our system.

Got the shawl so i can get my Zandalar Predator Belt and also got the Seal of the Gurubashi Beserker. Loads of people had more DKP than me but they all wanted to save it for better drops. More fool them, especially passing on the shawl now that the ZG class rewards have been improved.

Another shitty night in naxx. Despite what people were saying on vent, I saw no improvement at all on our attempts on Anub. I was at the point were if I heard the healers bitching on vent about healing the mt as he runs again, I was going to shoot myself.

I appreciate the insect swarm's bad but after you die in the same place 15 times in a row, surely you'd understand you should go past that point to heal?

I don't know whats worse, wiping on the twimps over and over or the anub.

Also, the abomination wing trash = annoying.

Grats to Chimera on Instructor Razuvious kill by the way ^^

Another shitty night in naxx. Despite what people were saying on vent, I saw no improvement at all on our attempts on Anub. I was at the point were if I heard the healers bitching on vent about healing the mt as he runs again, I was going to shoot myself.

I appreciate the insect swarm's bad but after you die in the same place 15 times in a row, surely you'd understand you should go past that point to heal?

I don't know whats worse, wiping on the twimps over and over or the anub.

Also, the abomination wing trash = annoying.

Grats to Chimera on Instructor Razuvious kill by the way ^^

Thanks was a good kill only 2 or 3 deaths, the +hit spellgear helped loads it seems

Those gargoyles tho :lol:

:D

I heard about those. Apparently you pulled 3 at once? :lol:

You have to take some groups in pairs and a 3rd patroling one added from about - oh - 50 yards away - and it got silly pretty rapidly - esp as their abilities didn't quite work as we understood they would!!

The "Stoneskin" Gargoyles are HILARIOUS tho - the funniest thing I've ever seen in WoW.

When they get to 'around' 30% health they cast a stoneform which will totally heal them - to 100% - after 6 seconds - so you have 6 seconds to kill them (I suspect they don't attack during this time?).

To give you some idea what that involves - we had 39 BWL-geared people unloading EVERYTHING WE HAD and it took about 6 reheals to kill one.

We eventually got it with a bit of co-ordination, every trinket we had AND the healers throwing DPS too :P :P

Hilarious...

Anub is easier than the Twemps - 90% of the skill is coordinating the MT, his 'Aspect' Hunter and the healers whilst the rest of the raid just need to do UNGODLY DPS on the adds and NOT DIE EVER.

Razuvious is possibly easier than Anub once you have the rotation sussed - his trash is easier too, but there's a FCUKLOAD more of it.

That's where the free-ride ends tho - everything else - the other 2 wings and the remainder of those 2 - is just NAILS NAILS NAILS harder than they are - those 2 are really your 'starter for 10' :(

Pity we gave up tonight tho - 4 more gargolyes and Pinkmoon/Gramme and our MT would have shared a SERVER FIRST for Tier 3 armour :D:P