IGNORED

Call Of Duty 2

rubberducker

I'm hacking my way through this on PC currently and loving it.

The missions where you play someone called Taylor were great, made it nice and easy to remember when NPCs were talking to me!

Some great British quotes too, like "bloody nazi wankers", "let's find some more fritz" and "that's one less kraut we have to worry about" really make it for me. :D

Wonder if this game got a release in Germany and if so, what they thought of it.

Think the sniping sections are my favourite, after the woeful game-breaking mechanics of Brothers in Arms.

The thing I like about this game is that while you are restricted in within an game area you are not restricted by small walls or obstacales like in a lot of games and can vault many objects or climb out of windows. I like they way you gun gets put away for a few second while you jump a wall or something, its these small details that elevate it beyond the usual fps. The smoke and debris flying effects are wonderful :P . Enemy death animations are a bit disappointing though (PD0 has the edge in this area even with its glitchy ragdoll effects). The melee attack is not as responsive as I'd like as I find that the enemy can smack me up twice as fast.

Finally finished this yesterday on veteran. I was quite shocked at how short and easy the last campaign was. After the one before I was expecting 4 really long challenging levels, but it turned out to be just one short one. Still a really enjoyable and satisfying game.

Just bought this game today, Its absolutely fantastic, the online isnt too bad eather. I keep hearing "Lag" whenever anyone talks about the online on this game, When i went on though, there was no sign of any.

.::: When it does rear its ugly head it's the worst of its kind though. :/

I'm loving the single player missions. Just got to the second English one. I'm liking the gun I have now. :ph34r:

Edit: Although the above mentioned missions were far too easy and quickly over.

Edited by tek

Just bought this game today, Its absolutely fantastic, the online isnt too bad eather. I keep hearing "Lag" whenever anyone talks about the online on this game, When i went on though, there was no sign of any.

It's not so much laggy as it is completely broken.

No proper optimatch function, no player hosted games, getting thrown back to the main menu after playing a game, no options to tweak anything etc.

It's completely unacceptable for this game to lag, especially in this day and age and especially when the max player count is 8.

I can host a 24 player game on PD0 without a hint of lag on my lowly connection.

I did manage to have a few enjoyable games with some English fellows but the majority of my games were marred with by lag and the poorly designed online interface.

I'll be sticking exclusively to the singleplayer on this until a much needed patch is released.

.::: Just had my very first truly unfair bit with the anit-aircraft gun in the last British campaign. You NEED to take down all planes and in the meantime you NEED to RELY (oh the IRONY) on your teammates taking down surrounding Germans. Suffice to say this took me more than one try.

I'm still baffled I got past it, the game must have taken pity on me.

finished it - very good game

let down on the last level - as there is only 1 level - its not broken down to sub-levels

chasing that tiger around the town was a pain

lovely start crossing across the Rhein

I found an easy way of doing that bit...

it just seemed to circle, so I found a dirty great flak cannon and sat in it and waited for the tank to come past, then destroyed it with one shot

which was nice.

Yes, definitely worth a purchase. The game is fairly short, perfect length for me as I have limited time to play, but I'm considering playing through it again already, it was that good, maybe on a harder setting.

Just completed it, it was absolutely fantastic:)

What difficulty did you complete it on? I'm assuming you haven't been on Live for a while as it doesn't show on your profile.

Here's a question, if you do a number of achievements offline and then connect to Live does it upload your achievements?

I'm playing this through on Veteran now and I gotta say I'm finding most of it fairly easy. Many bits I thought I'd have difficulty on I'm breezing through, like Hill 400, the tanks, and just generally any gradually moving forward level.

However HOW THE FUCK do you do the Field HQ? It's one the British mission and you've had to secure about 5 different buildings in a town. I've just stormed a church and the last one is the field HQ, which is just a building on it's own in a field. Now I've gotta to storm the building, on my own (well, one or two other guys come too but fat lot of good they are), against an infinate number of Germans who come pouring out of the house both at the front and at the back, as well as appearing from most directions around the house, and despite having the rest of the squad laying down surpressing fire it seems I have to worry about them all myself. Sometimes I get into the house, clear out the ground floor, but when I come round again to go up stairs there's already more Germans inside. Occasionally when I do make it to the stairs there's the whole fucking German army waiting for me at the top. What's the best tactic here?

Fuck, is a word I use a lot playing this game, sometimes on its own, but mostly part of phrases like "why the fuck doesn't anyone else shoot anything?", "Why are they all fucking shooting at me?" "I'll do it all my-fucking-self shall I?", "what fucking good is it having a fucking squad if they don't fucking do anything other than get in my fucking way and get me penalised for friendly fucking fire" and classics like "what a fuck load of shit this is". And yet, I still play it. Go figure.

Veteran makes it more intense, but shows the games flaws a hell of a lot more.

What difficulty did you complete it on? I'm assuming you haven't been on Live for a while as it doesn't show on your profile.

Here's a question, if you do a number of achievements offline and then connect to Live does it upload your achievements?

I did it on regular...

but i've done some on veteran!

I haven't been online for a while so it doesn't show as of yet.

I haven't been on because i'm saving for a monitor :)

I think your achievements offline are added to your Gamerscore, then uploaded next time you go on Live.

Veteran is fucking fantastic! About half-way through and loving it...

just completed an American mission called the silo

just fantastic

Worst mission of the game IMO (on veteran), it really shows up the never-ending re-spawning enemies as you can sit there all day trying to clear a path to a building only for you to get gunned down by a MG42 you've taken out 5 times already. Up until this point the game really rewarded stratigic play and slow considered advancement, then the silo comes along and the only way to beat it is to try mad dass's into buildings hoping you get lucky.