IGNORED

Call Of Duty 2

rubberducker

do you guys know how to turn off names and hints and tips that appear on screen that would like to suggest you what to do? Because the game is really nice and immersive UNTIL you point your gun to anyone of your comrades and everysingle fucking time the name of the soldier appears in green and white just to remember who the hell he is. I do not care! I can discriminate a russian soldier from a German one without the onscreen instruction, for god's sake!

Is it possible to turn them off? :wub:

After going back through the Russkie missions on the hardest difficulty setting I have to say it's the only way to play.

The game play is very halo-esque (two guns - even standard enemies) and the set pieces are even better of course.

It was occasionally frustrating, but otherwise do yourself a favour and put it straight on the toughest setting, it's much more of a tense experience.

After going back through the Russkie missions on the hardest difficulty setting I have to say it's the only way to play.

Is that because you're uberhardcore or because the game is too easy otherwise?

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but a lot of people say Halo should only be played on Legendary, but that way it takes me about three hours to clear just the first level. Is that the case with CoD2 as well?

-EDIT- I concur. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and it's VERY tense. Three shot kills and stuff like that. With the lights off and headphones on this is one of the most immersive games I've ever played. :lol:

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but a lot of people say Halo should only be played on Legendary, but that way it takes me about three hours to clear just the first level. Is that the case with CoD2 as well?

-EDIT- I concur. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and it's VERY tense. Three shot kills and stuff like that. With the lights off and headphones on this is one of the most immersive games  I've ever played. :)

CoD2 is stupidly easy on the default setting.

do you guys know how to turn off names and hints and tips that appear on screen that would like to suggest you what to do? Because the game is really nice and immersive UNTIL you point your gun to anyone of your comrades and everysingle fucking time the name of the soldier appears in green and white just to remember who the hell he is. I do not care! I can discriminate a russian soldier from a German one without the onscreen instruction, for god's sake!

Is it possible to turn them off? :)

I quote myself. Any idea?

i have been playing this pretty solidly all weekend. really loving it.

HD makes a massive difference to the game. hooked up to an HD projector (with an 9 foot image) and it almost feels like you are in the middle of a warzone (and not far away from that killzone 2 vid).

viewing it on A SD plasma makes it look alot more like an xbox 1 game than i would have imagined. (so much so, my year old SD plasma is going on ebay to fund an HD one)

the only thing i really wish they had done is include more gore., it would have added alot to the feel (and morality) of playing a game set in a warzone. your collegues being blown to shreads (private ryan style), people dying painfully (do you put them out of their misery?) and have the enemy beg for mercy (moral decisions?). it would have made a fabulous game even more immersive.

colour me impressed...

-EDIT- I concur. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and it's VERY tense. Three shot kills and stuff like that. With the lights off and headphones on this is one of the most immersive games  I've ever played. :(

That's it, it's more realistic IMO. On the default setting I was running through windows charging machine guns and tanks and generally winning the war in 30 minutes flat. Now you actually have to sit back, work as a team with your buddies, think more strategically etc.

There have been a couple of frustrating places, but nothing I haven't got past yet.

I agree with the most of the commments here. Of all the launch games, this is my most played. PD0 looks the most "next gen", but the combination of sound, graphics and overall atmosphere in the game is stunning.

The tactics as quite good, as you are contstanly having to outflank the enemy. Being an ex-member of the army, its quite fun, especially seeing the old 7 Armd Bgde battles.

A nice little touch is when I accidentaly shot a member of the allies, and was called a wanker... :(

Well done activision I say

I don't know what to get

Kameo

or

CoD2?!?!

Dont get me wrong, Kameo is nice imho, in a generic adventure way, but my most enjoyment on the 360 so far, has been COD2.

That and power sliding around new york on PGR3. I havent played too much of Condemned, as its bloody scary... :(

Dont get me wrong, Kameo is nice imho, in a generic adventure way, but my most enjoyment on the 360 so far, has been COD2.

That and power sliding around new york on PGR3.  I havent played too much of Condemned, as its bloody scary...  :(

Yeah I got PGR3 and Condemned Game made me get 3 games with the 360?!?!

I think i'm going to take PGR3 back (as I can borrow off friend) and get either

Kameo or CoD2.

But I already have Perfect Dark Zero! (I love Perfect Dark Zero by the way :D)

Well, colour me impressed.

When picking up my 360 I was in doubt whether or not to buy this game. Put it on the side while diving into PGR3.

Since yesterday I've been playing this and I think I like this most of all the launchgames so far. Sure, it's a PC port, but who cares when it's this good?

Kudos to New York Mikey for pointing out the hardest difficult setting, as it really is brilliant like this.

.::: Hmm, might want to start anew on the hardest then. It's the most fun I've had with an FPS yet. (Bear in mind I didn't like the usual suspects.)

It doesn't feel that next-gen, and at times it rips you out of its immersion (1st of 6 waves!?), but it's really good nontheless.

Blowing up those tanks really made me feel like some kind of hero btw. :(

.::: Woah... it's really faaaaaar more intense in Veteran. It's crawling forward inch for inch, but man does it feel good when you finally get those Nazi's! The only drawback is grenade's spelling instant death. I had to cower away during that first Nazi assault in front of that bannered building just to keep myself alive.