Call Of Duty 2

rubberducker

7? Blimey. I have PD0, PGR3, Amped 3 and Madden. COD2 is the other one I was considering but I think I'll wait for a while.

yeah dude, i'm an uber geek

COD2

PGR3

Amped 3

Tiger Woods

Fifa

Quake 4

PD0

seriously though, my girlfriend will dump me soon

yeah yo do, i've got seven and want more!

I have 5 with another 1 arriving tomorrow. I will get Ridge Racer for Christmas and there are another 2 I might pick up after I actually try them out. :unsure:

To be fair my DS has not been used in months so it may be sold to raise funds.

What? You're not playing Mario Kart?  :o

Mario Kart Double Dash soured that series for me. My daughter plays a lot of DS games so I will probably give it a go when she gets it. 5 years ago the thought of a Mario Kart game made me go :D , now it's a case of :D .

Just got this back of my son and I have to say it's ace.

While I'm more than pleased with the 360 as a console, the games have left me a little unimpressed until this (I've got PD0 and had Kameo but changed it for Quake 4 by the way).

I've caved in and ordered it from Play. It's out of stock at the moment but I am not in any hurry.

Well, I started this today and put it on Veteran, as suggested.

Ouch.

It's just taken me over three hours to do the repair the wire / kill the tanks mission. (And it would have taken longer, had the third tank not driven past me without noticing as I was waiting for the second to blow up, so I just leant out and placed the explosives on it as it went past.)

Well, I started this today and put it on Veteran, as suggested.

Ouch.

It's just taken me over three hours to do the repair the wire / kill the tanks mission. (And it would have taken longer, had the third tank not driven past me without noticing as I was waiting for the second to blow up, so I just leant out and placed the explosives on it as it went past.)

That's pretty cool, I imagine in a real tank visibility is very poor especially soldiers at close range.

It's good this can happen rather than a "you're close to it, it can see you" approach most games have.

Damn, I was gonna buy this today then read the In America column in gamestm and he was moaning about how linear it was and it put me off.

.::: Oh yes it's linear, but that's the last thing on my mind when I'm playing it. Pardon my French, but it's really a moronic reason to pass up on this.

.::: Oh yes it's linear, but that's the last thing on my mind when I'm playing it. Pardon my French, but it's really a moronic reason to pass up on this.

This man speaks the truth.

Linearity is the last thing on your mind when running from cover to cover, shooting, tossing grenades and seeing your comrades die and generally bleed a lot.

Linearity is the last thing on your mind when running from cover to cover, shooting, tossing grenades and seeing your comrades die and generally bleed a lot.

And the atmosphere instills quite an empathy for my comrades and regret when, after hearing a dead mans click, the Nazi I was attempting to kill then takes out one of my mates - it makes me quite angry!!

Oddly I felt it was a boring corridor shooter on Standard level. Just ploughing throw in one direction. That's what I thought when playing through the English level where you follow the tanks and take out the gun crews.

On Veteran though it was completely transformed and instead of ploughing through running and gunning I was using cover, throwing grenades and hitting the dirt a lot.

I love this game.

Although I'll say it's really bad on levels with infinite enemies and shows up that they didn't design the game for Veteran difficulty. You can't snipe out the enemies from a ground floor and expect to be able to run across the street and use it as cover because all the enemies you've killed have respawned.

It would be ok if you had team mates who were competent in clearing buildings but they'll often leave you to clear out a two way corridor on your own. A lean move would have been great for that purpose but as it is you're lucky if you don't get pounded.

Same when you have to cross streets. You're expected to do too much work yourself and take down troops in front and from the rear.

As an eight player co-op this game would have been phenomenal

Oddly I felt it was a boring corridor shooter on Standard level. Just ploughing throw in one direction. That's what I thought when playing through the English level where you follow the tanks and take out the gun crews.

On Veteran though it was completely transformed and instead of ploughing through running and gunning I was using cover, throwing grenades and hitting the dirt a lot.

I love this game.

Although I'll say it's really bad on levels with infinite enemies and shows up that they didn't design the game for Veteran difficulty. You can't snipe out the enemies from a ground floor and expect to be able to run across the street and use it as cover because all the enemies you've killed have respawned.

It would be ok if you had team mates who were competent in clearing buildings but they'll often leave you to clear out a two way corridor on your own. A lean move would have been great for that purpose but as it is you're lucky if you don't get pounded.

Same when you have to cross streets. You're expected to do too much work yourself and take down troops in front and from the rear.

Good good :(

I can't wait to get this for Christmas!!!

B)

.::: I'm more worried at the fact that such a game STILL doesn't exist... It's a blatantly simple idea. Where is it!? (Don't you dare say Battlefront.)

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

.::: And I've just about bloody had it with my 'teammates'. Who the f*ck programmed these monstrosities! DON'T GO STAND IN FRONT OF MY GUN! IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO THINK OF!

Is there a code to turn them off? Or kill them? Preferably the latter. It's the biggest stain on the game, so far.

And the atmosphere instills quite an empathy for my comrades and regret when, after hearing a dead mans click, the Nazi I was attempting to kill then takes out one of my mates - it makes me quite angry!!

I'm rather glad this game doesn't have some of the features requested earlier on in the thread. Seeing peoples arms and legs get blown off is perhaps something I'm not quite ready for in a game this intense. In something like Halo or Perfect Dark it'd be fine but this is just plain brutal.

The way the characters react to bullets is fantastic and awful to watch, especially if it's one of your team. It's satisfying to kill people too, none of this shoot them 78 times in the chest and they might catch a cold bollocks from PD0. Just a couple of rounds (did I mention the guns sound fantastic?) in the chest and they fall down properly and man it feels good. Not once while killing someone have a yelled at the screen like when I'm playing PD0 because in this game they actually die properly.