Call Of Duty 2

rubberducker

Rainbow Six 3 had 4 player co-op which was brilliant.

.::: Unfortunately, Rainbow Six's mechanics didn't gel with me. :wub:

Something like RTCW multiplayer in a full-scale co-op campaign. Ah that would be bliss.

THE BLOODY BASTARD DID IT AGAIN! IT'S NOT 'FRIENDLY FIRE' WHEN HE'S CATCHING THE BULLETS WITH HIS TEETH!

.::: And I've just about bloody had it with my 'teammates'. Who the f*ck programmed these monstrosities! DON'T GO STAND IN FRONT OF MY GUN! IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO THINK OF!

Is there a code to turn them off? Or kill them? Preferably the latter. It's the biggest stain on the game, so far.

I haven't had that happen that much. Are you on The Silo, part 4 of D-Day? That's the mission that made me lose my rag with the friendly AI. They are no help at all and make you do all the work. Really unfair when you're surrounded by Jerry bastards.

I haven't had that happen that much. Are you on The Silo, part 4 of D-Day? That's the mission that made me lose my rag with the friendly AI. They are no help at all and make you do all the work. Really unfair when you're surrounded by Jerry bastards.

.::: Nope, not blazing with the Yanks yet. It's rather annoying, I have the tendency to snipe a lot of Germs from a distance, but it doesn't matter *where* I stand there's always some bloody bastard walking between me and my target. It has happened more than 10 times now that someone almost literally dives in front of my gun the moment I pull the trigger. Both in the Russian and British campaigns btw. It's incredibly frustrating, I'm not doing anything wrong, but I AM getting punished for the stupidity of the AI.

Don't get me wrong it's still a fantastic game, I just can't believe how incompetent the AI is (not surprising as they always seem to respawn anyway, lose one: get one back).

I don't think there are any areas where enemies constantly respawn. If you stay in the firefight long enough, they definitely stop coming after a while (but it might be quite a protracted firefight first - which is great when you can't make headway, so you dig in and wear them out as a tactical option). This definitely happened this way a couple of times on the russian mission, the last fight in front of the buildup to where you blow up the building being a prime example. Anyone else find the same?

Well, I'm now well and trul stuck.

I've got two attack waves left in the 'defend City Hall' mission and it's all too much. If I walk in front of a window to try sniping, it gets shot off. And if by some miracle it doesn't then I get shot from behind by the Nazis who have made it into the building. I can survive a while by going downstairs and killing the enemies down there, but then when I go back upstairs I die twice as quickly when looking out of the window again.

I really don't want to restart the mission and try and deal with the first couple of attack waves better, because I doubt I can. It took me long enough to reach this checkpoint.

Argh!

Well, I'm now well and trul stuck.

I've got two attack waves left in the 'defend City Hall' mission and it's all too much. If I walk in front of a window to try sniping, it gets shot off. And if by some miracle it doesn't then I get shot from behind by the Nazis who have made it into the building. I can survive a while by going downstairs and killing the enemies down there, but then when I go back upstairs I die twice as quickly when looking out of the window again.

I really don't want to restart the mission and try and deal with the first couple of attack waves better, because I doubt I can. It took me long enough to reach this checkpoint.

Argh!

.::: Sounds familiar. I was stuck there for a few moments as my checkpoint there had me instantly surrounded by three Nazi's, which started shooting the moment I spawned from load. Woohey! This is one of the missions in which it doesn't matter whether you do something or not, as long as you survive. Forget EVERYTHING happening outside. (Especially when those c*nts start shouting about "an MG42 near the fountain!") You don't even need to take down the halftrack. Keep yourself alive and be patient. Be sure to watch your back btw, there isn't a good place in the entire building to stick with as Nazi's will walk around like they live there while your teammates are making sure they get tea & biscuits and won't break a fingernail while taking a tour... GAH!

If you're using the sniper rifle on that level, as long as you take out the MG42's as soon as they appear, then you can generally keep enough of your teammates alive to fight off the germans that make it to the building, until the last wave or so at least where you have to do it all. Just be sure to keep sniping and keep on top of the situation as long as you can.

I've spoke about this with some m8s and we decided that the game does spawn enemies if you don't push forwards. I have actually watched AI come running round a corner which (after I died) didn't, when I made a break for that corner instantly, where I got a checkpoint

This isn't a bad thing once you get into the frame of mind that guys are constantly there. It forces you to push forwards under fire, look for cover and gives a sense of constant pressure - its good for giving a feeling of unrelenting war.

I would say that if you're having trouble in certain areas to either push forwards to the next check point (this will push you teams m8s forward too), or if you have to defend somewhere just dig in and sit and wait. I remember that sniper section in Russia too were I kept dying, in the end I sat by the doorway and machine gunned anyone who came up the stairs, eventually the checkpoint was reached without doing any sniping at all.

Forget EVERYTHING happening outside.

Cheers, that worked. A few tries, but not many, and it was all over.

Now for a new campaign where I won't be able to tell if anybody's hiding round a corner or by a window by looking out for freezing breath. That might make things more difficult.

Got it today, really liking it so far.  I have started on the second hardest difficulty, which is pretty challenging.

However, anyone else noticing the dodgy framrate at times?  I really feel like I am becoming a framerate bore, but its just something I really notice  :D

.::: :o Ehr... no.

But now it's corrupted my save game and thinks I've only done the first three parts of the first British mission (which I just finished, but the achievement didn't unlock) and none of the Russian campaign at all.

It's been saving mine fine, but I've not got any acheivements so far bar the first level (training), a bit odd, non?

Just checked the possibilities, the next one is beating the singleplayer campaign! Better get on it now then. :o

Most of the achievements are for completing missions on Veteran difficulty. Thats why I just started on that, got about 300 from it now.

Would be good if we could link our gamercards into the forum. Theres some code on the xbox site but the forum wont allow html in sigs.

Most of the achievements are for completing missions on Veteran difficulty.  Thats why I just started on that, got about 300 from it now.

Would be good if we could link our gamercards into the forum.  Theres some code on the xbox site but the forum wont allow html in sigs.

.::: But you already have the link in your sig... What more do you want without turning the forum into a blinking christmas-tree?

Check your disc, I've hate no framerate trouble at all. It's smooth and constant.

Really? :(

Feck. Well mine drops a fair bit, especially when the there is a lot of smoke and stuff around. I will have a look at the disc then.

What is the framerate set at with this game, anyone know?

Anyway, I am really enjoying it. As I say, on the difficulty below veteran and I am finding that rockhard!

You really feel like you are part of a big battle, fighting side by side with your men, rather than just running through and winning the war on your own.

I noticed a fair bit of slowdown when I played it. Not vast amounts, but just enough to be irratating.

Thats my experience. Its not a game ruining amount, but as you say, just a little irritating.

Slowdown just momentarily drags me out of the game world and reminds me that I am playing a game.

Still loving it though, highly recomended for anyone who doesnt have it.

Question:

How long is CoD2?!?!

Well, I've not been able to finish it (save game corruption leading to save game deletion) but it took me at least six or seven hours to do the Russian campaign on Veteran difficulty and that seems to be the shortest one of the three campaigns.

So, on Veteran, at least twenty hours, I'd say.

Well, I've not been able to finish it (save game corruption leading to save game deletion) but it took me at least six or seven hours to do the Russian campaign on Veteran difficulty and that seems to be the shortest one of the three campaigns.

So, on Veteran, at least twenty hours, I'd say.

How does this control compared to PDZ (for the peeps that have both)

I struggle on PDZ with the controls (having had no probs on Goldeneye + Halo etc) i dont know what it is about it but im getting used to it slowly.

Very tempted by this, if i still had a gaming pc i would have had the pc version but now im thinking of getting the 360 version.

Should i ?