IGNORED

Call Of Duty 2

rubberducker

I completed it on Veteran last night. Really, really enjoyed it. Got stuck a couple of times for hours on a single checkpoint and very nearly gave up on the D-Day mission. But I'm really pleased I stuck with it.

Did you do the King Kong roar again?

On a different subject, I notice you have finally got with the programme and moved to PES5. Let me know if you fancy a game some time.

I got this for Christmas...

I have to say it's fantastic!

The sound is so realistic!!!

I think i'm pretty far... i've just unlocked the American missions?!?!

Yea you're on the final third. which is pretty far.

Either you are a FPS God or playing it on 'pussy' difficulty. May i sugest a first play on 'Hardened' , then later on Veteran for the achievements.

This is the 360's real killer app. Especially on Veteran. I finished it on Regular last week, and I'm about halfway through on Veteran now. Feels completely different, better, even. And I like the online gameplay as well, so I think I'll be playing this for quite a while... :)

This is the 360's real killer app. Especially on Veteran. I finished it on Regular last week, and I'm about halfway through on Veteran now. Feels completely different, better, even. And I like the online gameplay as well, so I think I'll be playing this for quite a while... :)

Yeah, I didn't bother with it when I bought the console, but it really is the most I've enjoyed my 360 so far. It actually gives me the same vibe as Halo on the Xbox did around launch. Very impressive (and totally unexpected).

I don't think many people will call it a killer app though, simply because it's on PC as well (I don't know how the two versions compare).

Yea you're on the final third. which is pretty far.

Either you are a FPS God or playing it on 'pussy' difficulty. May i sugest a first play on 'Hardened' , then later on Veteran for the achievements.

I started it on hardened and have done the tank missions on veteran which got me 60 points :D

I'm rather pissed off.

One of my friends was playing on COD2 on his own profile, and got a very long way through the game. I then switched to my own profile so I could carry on with my own game (completed British, just got a couple of Russian levels to go) and I finished the Russian campaign. Strangely, the "next mission" was then the bloody training mission, and I found that my save has totally buggered. The only level that's complete is "Fortress Stalingrad", and all the others, bar the training mission, are locked and I'll have to do them all over again. But, of course, to open up Fortress Stalingrad in the first place, I would have had to complete all the levels before it! That British campaign took AGES, too.

So now I have one set of 3 missions complete, and all my hard work gone!

This happened to anyone else?

I'm rather pissed off.

One of my friends was playing on COD2 on his own profile, and got a very long way through the game. I then switched to my own profile so I could carry on with my own game (completed British, just got a couple of Russian levels to go) and I finished the Russian campaign. Strangely, the "next mission" was then the bloody training mission, and I found that my save has totally buggered. The only level that's complete is "Fortress Stalingrad", and all the others, bar the training mission, are locked and I'll have to do them all over again. But, of course, to open up Fortress Stalingrad in the first place, I would have had to complete all the levels before it! That British campaign took AGES, too.

So now I have one set of 3 missions complete, and all my hard work gone!

This happened to anyone else?

Happened to me as well, in fact whats up with the level progression, selecting next mission seems to sometimes chuck me from the British missions back to the russian ones.

Finished this on Hardened yesterday and started Veteran earlier today, bloody brilliant game.

The ending was very odd and pretty dissapointing, there should have been a massive fight with load's of explosions going off everywhere to end the game with a bang.

Another thing, it's really easy isn't it? Hardened was pretty much a cake walk and Veteran doesen't seem much harder (granted I've only completed the first two set's of missions on Veteran but they weren't too difficult).

Also, COD seems to be very generous in handing out acheivements (60 points for completing each mission on Veteran? I only got 80 points for getting 7 out of the 12 achievements in the hard-as-nails Geometry Wars).

Anyway I'm gonna continue the campaign on Veteran and give the multiplayer a whirl on live.

Another thing, it's really easy isn't it? Hardened was pretty much a cake walk and Veteran doesen't seem much harder (granted I've only completed the first two set's of missions on Veteran but they weren't too difficult).

It gets much harder, I thought the same when I first played it on Veteran. Wait until you get a bit further, it gets very tricky. Fortunately not in a 'this is completely unfair' way though.

I' am playing it on Veteran since day one, and indeed, what a game!. Difficult, engrossing and astonishing in some places, frustrating and tiresome in others ( less than expected though.)

I am really enjoying it, and even if I have Ridge Racer 6 ( bloody good game too on my HDTV) Condemned and Amped 3 this is the spinning DVD of the moment...

It would have been nice if one of the achievement could have been the possibility to play as a German soldier, on the other side of the barricade... oh well.. roll on Call of Duty 3:Spread the Reich. :unsure:

Also, COD seems to be very generous in handing out acheivements (60 points for completing each mission on Veteran? I only got 80 points for getting 7 out of the 12 achievements in the hard-as-nails Geometry Wars).

That's because Arcade games have less points to distribute, compared to 'proper' games. I think it's 200 points total for Arcade games, 1000 for 'real' ones.

You've got to love the achievements in PD0 though- 25 points for completing the game on Perfect Agent level? 30 points for getting 1000 headshots in multiplayer? :unsure:

And yeah, I've got to say this is the best looking game of the year. Just look at the Russian levels- they're totally gorgeous.

I finally started playing this properly today. It's brutal, especially as it's my first ever WW2 FPS and the last game I played was Kameo.

I'm playing through on Veteran as suggested and I don't think I have ever felt so vunerable in a game before. I keep having to have a break and smoke a cigarette or two with a nice cuppa. I managed to do the first mission without too much fuss but the second is another story. I'm stuck at the beginning of the second objective at present but will persevere.

Which level do I get a plasma rifle, I'm guessing it should be an easy ride from there!?

You've got to love the achievements in PD0 though- 25 points for completing the game on Perfect Agent level? 30 points for getting 1000 headshots in multiplayer? :)

And yeah, I've got to say this is the best looking game of the year. Just look at the Russian levels- they're totally gorgeous.

Yeah PD0 has some steep targets for you to meet to receive the acheievement's.

The Russian levels are my favorite levels by far (also I like being called Vasili), demolishing that building early on in the game is magic.

I posted this yesterday on ATF and got no responce, so ill try here:

Anyone had this yet? I'm playing the SP on Veteran. In the El Alamein 1942 - Operation Supercharge mission I'm at the very end, ive killed all the German 88mm gun crew, and got to the radio and told HQ. Now my guys and the tanks just stand around like dumb asses next to the main building (with the Nazi banners on it). The objectives (start button) Has "eliminate the flak 88 crew (0 remaining) highlighted. On my compass I have no star to show any new objective. I've played the level from that start again and it still hangs on this last bit. (three times now)

Reading GameFaq this should be the end of the level. Is this a known glitch with the 360 version? or on Veteran difficulty?

Since that posting ive read all about the loss of save games and stuff like that, not seen anything yet about not being able to end a mission thou. I'm just pissed off cos ive used the cheat unlock to do the last UK mission and this is stopping me from completeing the UK section.

cheers.

Idiwa - I had a similar thing on the last level, it's likely that there's still a German floating round somewhere, and the level won't end until they're all dead. Just back track a little bit and look round to see if you can see anyone.

Yeah i thought as much, but i backtracked all the way to the start of the level and still did not come accross any Germans.

Yeah i thought as much, but i backtracked all the way to the start of the level and still did not come accross any Germans.

I had the same thing, my Sgt was stuck somewhere. Shove him about a bit and try to get him to follow you to the end of the level, if it doesn't end then try shoving him around somewhere else as well :)

I had the same thing, my Sgt was stuck somewhere. Shove him about a bit and try to get him to follow you to the end of the level, if it doesn't end then try shoving him around somewhere else as well :D

Sgt? or the Captain (red beret and the handel bar 'tash). Cos all the guys are just milling about the building, if i go upto them and melee attack they just say "yes SIR!!" or the other bullshit one liners.