IGNORED

Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

Is Remo still in London?

I need a new Idle Thumbs. It's been too long. <_<

One confirmed for next week on Gaynor's Twitter.

Started a couple of months ago and I've nearly run out of them, is there anything else even remotely as good? I've only ever really tried Giant Bomb and Geekbox of the others and they were average and terrible respectively, Thumbs isn't just funny and hosted by likable people who can articulate a point beyond 'awesome', it covers a far broader territory than most seem to as well.

Started a couple of months ago and I've nearly run out of them, is there anything else even remotely as good? I've only ever really tried Giant Bomb and Geekbox of the others and they were average and terrible respectively, Thumbs isn't just funny and hosted by likable people who can articulate a point beyond 'awesome', it covers a far broader territory than most seem to as well.

I assume you've listened to A Life Well Wasted? Only 7 episodes so far, but it's just a wonderful, wonderful thing. The only podcasts I've actually gone back and listened to again. If you've listened to NPR's "This American Life", you'll know what to expect.

Giantbomb is definitely worth giving another go.

Who else is still on that, people from at1UP/Oddcast?

I don't think anyone will care, but 1UP finally shut down the Sports Anomaly for revenue reasons. It outlasted all the other shows, and none of them had worked there for months :rolleyes:

My favourite podcast ever, because of the energy and humour. The final episode was huge, and I'm sad to see it end but it looks like they're starting their own thing soon anyway.

I never had any interest at all in the topics under discussion but I still really enjoyed the Sports Anomaly. Like you said, it had amazing energy and was consistently hilarious. You'd think the use of Skype would hinder them but it only added to the magic. :rolleyes:

For some reason weekend confirmed did pretty much nothing but wind me up today, dismissing something in a silly voice is not criticism, no you obviously don't know what emergent gameplay is!

I never had any interest at all in the topics under discussion but I still really enjoyed the Sports Anomaly. Like you said, it had amazing energy and was consistently hilarious. You'd think the use of Skype would hinder them but it only added to the magic. :rolleyes:

Definitely! I've never been interested in sports either but like some fans have said, it's fun no matter what they talk about. The meta joking about skype shittiness, their listener figures and how everyone hates their loudness was brilliant. Todd (like all of them) was so committed to putting a show out each week despite travelling the world and recording from friend's sofas, an airport or an art gallery. I'm glad they finally did the Star Wars draft at the end too :coffee:

Is it worth asking if this week's Gamespy Debriefings is something new, or the comedy greatest hits reissue of Scott Bromley's characters?

This week's isn't worth listening to IMO. Very off-topic but the topic just isn't interesting.