IGNORED

Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

I'm bamboozled by how he majored in film studies and minored in history yet hasn't seen Citizen Kane while his top 3 movies are The Rock/T2/Die Hard and didn't know about Africa in WW2/who De Guallle was/when the wall fell.

:huh:

Genuinely the stupidest man I've ever listened to.

I'd tend to agree, but while it might not have been true of games media in the 90s...in the modern era he's literally getting paid to play videogames for a living. And after getting robbed of 3k worth of tech he's pretty much got the money back from a community of followers within hours.

While I sit here out of work with a masters in bio-molecular structure and function.

I'm bamboozled by how he majored in film studies and minored in history yet hasn't seen Citizen Kane while his top 3 movies are The Rock/T2/Die Hard and didn't know about Africa in WW2/who De Gaullle was/when the wall fell.

Well, to be fair, he did it in the US education system, which seems to be pretty terrible.

(aiccsentally negged your post).

I'd say ignorant rather than stupid.

Edit: although film studies is bollocks for any qualification.

He genuinely thought that figs were sticks, and that smoking weed would ruin the logo on the front of your cap. Now I don't know if he's a masterful troll or just a complete and utter imbecile.

Either way, he's very entertaining.

I've been watching the MGS run myself, switching between laughter and actual shouting at the screen. In his defence though, I played the original myself a few years ago for the first time in a while, and found it took a while to reacclimatise myself to the controls. They were unusual for the time, but more so than ever now that third person controls have reached something of a familiar standard. The camera and systems involved are also very unusual. I can see why he's had trouble.

That said, the times when he repeatedly attempts stuff he's seen fail several times are excruciating. Stop it!

Is the Premium membership for GB worth it? I see they currently have an offer on.

If you like their regular videos and podcast then yes, definitely.

And I recommend digging through their archive and watching the Random PC Game stuff with Vinny and Dave. The Phantasmagoria playthrough is one of the best things ever committed to the Internet.

Is the Premium membership for GB worth it? I see they currently have an offer on.

Absolutely. Especially if you've never had it before. There are years and years worth of some of their best content. Sign up with the offer to test it out, go watch Vinny and Dave play Phantasmagoria to completion, then try to ever unsubscribe.

Just listened to this week's Bombcast. This has to be the 4th or 5th time he's brought it up over the years, but I continue to completely agree with Jeff...if it has to happen at some point eventually, I want to be there to see the world burn. Death is scary so don't dwell on it while young, but if it has to happen you might as well be there at the end of the line.

Meanwhile Dan doesn't even make explicit mention of being robbed while exalting his invincibility and talking about how everything is always going to be OK.

And while his 2 Air Force Gator books should explain which character in that thumbnail represents Dan:

The meta world we live in where cult entertainment can be consumed almost exclusively is crazy. I watched Sin City 2 the other week and didn't know who Lady gaga was. She's the Poker face lady I guess, but I've never known her face. Yet I've spent fuck knows how many hours in the past week consuming this kind of culture.

I miss the Random PC Game series, new subs should watch all of those. This two parter is a classic.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/random-pc-game-phantasmagoria-part-01/2300-5406/

I also liked the Dark Souls run through more recently (load our last souls I think was the name).

If you have an android device it is worth installing the app called 'giant bomb video buddy'. Developed by a user and a really nice and elegant way to watch their stuff on a tablet or phone, very simple to connect to your account to get the premium stuff and it integrates with whichever video app you are using on your device.

I worry it's getting over hyped at this point, given that three of us have independently recommended it probably without noticing the others in the space of a few hours, but it's absolutely not a bad place to start to get sold on the value. There are dozens and dozens of Whiskey media Friday night stuff/ Thursday night throw-down stuff. But yeah, most of the archive value comes from Load our Last Save and Random PC Game.

Now that Dan is on-board with his "Super Replay" mentality...I like where the site is going.