IGNORED

Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

33 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'm not listening to the next main show, in protest at Dodgy Dave's cheating shennanigans...

He's always on top of the others shenanigans and then pulling them up for it. 

I think it's because he's projecting his own deviant brain ethics. 

Poor show, but is making for a great 'bonus' show.

1 minute ago, TheShend said:

He's always on top of the others shenanigans and then pulling them up for it. 

I think it's because he's projecting his own deviant brain ethics. 

Poor show, but is making for a great 'bonus' show.

Yep, bonus shows are good, but tbh, I might be done with the E3 shows now, unless he does it again next year, and does it properly!

2 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

For those of us not in the know, what has(n't) happened?

The TCGS tradition is for 1 host to go completely dark over E3 - completely avoid any news or any possible source of news basically meaning leaving the internet for the extent of the event and then they record a podcast where the other hosts tell them about what happened and get their reaction (including a few lies usually). 

This year the host whose turn it was seems to have pretty much thrown the concept in the bin and apparently has been very active online. Made all the funnier because said host has been very vocal about people cheating like this before. But it may be a ruse.

1 hour ago, Welrain said:

@elmo is clearly setting them up. The fools. That’s my e3 prediction.

Yeah, he's got wife Jo to do all the logging on and stuff. It's obvious he's winding them up and possibly even more obvious they are deliberately falling for it. 

All good larks, love these guys. Gonna go on a particularly long dog walk tomorrow morning to get all the fat juicy goss'. 

9 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, he's got wife Jo to do all the logging on and stuff. It's obvious he's winding them up and possibly even more obvious they are deliberately falling for it. 

All good larks, love these guys. Gonna go on a particularly long dog walk tomorrow morning to get all the fat juicy goss'. 

The main show's delayed until Thursday this week, due to the epic Bandai Namco showcase taking up their time tonight. :D

11 minutes ago, ulala said:

I know you cant please everyone, and i know its "banter", but the opening section of the current podcast is exactly why the David Turner character needed an apology a couple of years ago.

"Disliked" and "Unsubscribed".

Thing about this sort of scenario with TcGs is that there will always be some people who take it too seriously and start to think of it as something other than entertainment. 

And if your answer to that is that ‘but it’s not entertaining’ then I would argue that a huge amount of the audience find that it is and that it might be that that particular section or skit just isn’t for you. Luckily you can just skip it and get to the conference stuff. 

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Well I thought it was funny!

The problem here is that this is about integrity. And not just any type of integrity, but the integrity of an amateur British Videogames Podcast! 

I had a big old smile on my face all the way through that opening half an hour, and I'm one of the people who complained when Dave went full on ego-bastard last time. As Jamie John says, it's entertainment. It's Eastenders. You know it's all going to kick off next week during the feedback section and it'll be really funny when it does. I'm still smiling at the line "you three would be shit in a court" as if a court is just people shouting as loud as possible over each other in faux cockney swagger. 

Dave isn't dangerous because he's good at arguing. He's dangerous because he thinks he's good at arguing. So he wont back down. But he's done. James being on Reddit is the key. He's got no wiggle room on that. It's the same thing and Dave went mad about it. He should be done. It's just up for the lads to get it over the line. 

31 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

The problem here is that this is about integrity. And not just any type of integrity, but the integrity of an amateur British Videogames Podcast! 

I had a big old smile on my face all the way through that opening half an hour, and I'm one of the people who complained when Dave went full on ego-bastard last time. As Jamie John says, it's entertainment. It's Eastenders. You know it's all going to kick off next week during the feedback section and it'll be really funny when it does. I'm still smiling at the line "you three would be shit in a court" as if a court is just people shouting as loud as possible over each other in faux cockney swagger. 

Dave isn't dangerous because he's good at arguing. He's dangerous because he thinks he's good at arguing. So he wont back down. But he's done. James being on Reddit is the key. He's got no wiggle room on that. It's the same thing and Dave went mad about it. He should be done. It's just up for the lads to get it over the line. 

I just enjoy how he plays them all like a fiddle and they let him get away with it. The same thing happened in the GOTY show. I was shouting at the radio in the car, telling them what to say, ha.

It's all good fun. I don't think anyone should read too much into it.

21 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I don't think anyone should read too much into it.

This is correct. Though It’s not a case of too much. It’s a case of anything. 

If you’re genuinely getting upset about this then I feel sorry for you and question your grip on reality. And I include the presenters in that too!

26 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

If you’re genuinely getting upset about this then I feel sorry for you and question your grip on reality. And I include the presenters in that too!

My favourite arc on the show is Mat losing his mind over "the bet." You can argue for hours over whether he was cheated or not but it is so funny hearing him go quiet every time it's brought up that it was all worth it. 

Loved the TCGS E3 show.  Excellent work again boys, you really are fantastic. 🥰

51C22DFA-9753-4F5F-9D4E-7A0DB37DE7F3.jpeg

Just listening to the Nextlander Podcast in the car (and good lord this photo shows a multitude of sins, I’m gonna have to give that a scrub later…) and I’ve just noticed that they’ve managed to have the name of every game they are talking about come up on the screen when they are talking about it.  I’m guessing it’s done manually with time stamps and chapters or something, and that it’s probably quite a lot of effort for something most people won’t notice or give a shit about, but I like it.  

On 17/06/2021 at 08:11, ulala said:

I know you cant please everyone, and i know its "banter", but the opening section of the current podcast is exactly why the David Turner character needed an apology a couple of years ago.

I always skip the first 20 minutes. Shame, as the rest is the best podcast on gaming full stop. But the bants is just, and always has been, utterly immature

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Loved the TCGS E3 show.  Excellent work again boys, you really are fantastic. 🥰

51C22DFA-9753-4F5F-9D4E-7A0DB37DE7F3.jpeg

Just listening to the Nextlander Podcast in the car (and good lord this photo shows a multitude of sins, I’m gonna have to give that a scrub later…) and I’ve just noticed that they’ve managed to have the name of every game they are talking about come up on the screen when they are talking about it.  I’m guessing it’s done manually with time stamps and chapters or something, and that it’s probably quite a lot of effort for something most people won’t notice or give a shit about, but I like it.  

This is one of the things I always appreciated about having Vinny hosting the Beastcast - the fact that he'd go out of his way to repeat the name of the game they're talking about if the discussion has lasted a while.

As someone who listens to podcasts in the background, my concentration tends to waver so having that repetition definitely helps if the topic sounds interesting.

27 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

As someone who only half-watched most of E3, I have no idea what the lies actually were or if the big lie was that there was no big lies. I'm as intrigued for next weeks show as Elmo was at the end of this one. 

I love the idea of people listening to the show and not realising how much we lied about. Brilliant.