Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

peter moores alright, and they didnt kiss his arse. they called the core pack the retard pack.

in the latest egm they really ask some hard questions in the interview.

would i get shot for upping the interview as a jpg?

(but I still download em - I mean what're your options?)

I've only watched two, to be honest.

I can only take so many utterances of the word "like" and can only look at Pinckard's puckered arsehole of a face for a couple of minutes at a time.

The problem is, it's a show that's spun off from a god-awful arse-licking box-ticking website. If Amiga Power was still going, and if they had a website, then I'd watch their show. But that's a lot of ifs.

As Biglime et al have already picked up on, the entire point of the show is to act as a publicity vehicle for specific publishers. Rather like the website it's attached to.

They will never ask an interviewee a genuinely difficult question, just leading questions that let the interviewer talk about such-and-such AMAZING new feature.

Yeah like that amazing storyline in NFS Most Wanted that the EA people were bigging up and the 1up crew then told the developers that it was crap and pointless to have storylines in racing games.
He's a pretty weird choice for a mouthpiece. He's just an old marketing guy. Why should I believe a word out of his mouth? At least Reggie has a bit of charisma, and that maniac sony guy (Phil? Harrison?) is at least a half decent Bond villain or thereabouts. Ah, they're all a shower of politicians anyway. It must be a pain in the hole being so relentlessly on message all the time.

I dunno the Moore interview was interesting and they did talk about how they wouldn't review Kameo again etc. Much more interesting than David Jaffe who must have had 'Playstation' tattooed on his cock.

The 24 thing was lame, but Michelle looks much hotter there than in the show. ;p

She really did. 24's makeup people should be fired for ugging her up on the show. Kim looked better with dark hair aswell.

The 24 game had some brilliant production values (cut scenes, music, voice acting), shame the actual gameplay looked fucking horrendous and the graphics looked PS1 standard.

24 deserves a fantastic game, Capcom should have acquired the rights to it and put the Resi 4 engine to good use.

Don't ever come to Newcastle in that case.

Or Middlesbrough. In fact, dont come here full stop, its a shit hole.

As for the 1 Up Show, I enjoy it, its entertaining and informative (Edutainment) if a little cringeworthy at times (but then, it is an American made show, so that comes with the territory).

It's good. It can be a bit cheesy, and it's obvious they want to be liked by the games industry, but they come across as genuinely enthusiastic about games. I think the bits where they discuss the games works really well, as it gets away from this idea that a game is either brilliant or shit.

Catchy theme as well

It's good. It can be a bit cheesy, and it's obvious they want to be liked by the games industry, but they come across as genuinely enthusiastic about games. I think the bits where they discuss the games works really well, as it gets away from this idea that a game is either brilliant or shit.

Catchy theme as well

A ringing endorsement from none other than Art Vandelay. :lol:

I for one, really like the show. yes, it is very scripted and forced... but its the best gaming show in time. I cant get enough of the theme tune either.

The theme tune's awful. It's the kind of unimaginative catchy la la la hook that even I could make up, and the last time I made up a theme tune was when I made my teddy bears host their own talk show. Last week, in fact (ho ho).

I like the show, yes it could be a lot better but it's still very watchable for the most part (the 24 'feature' was awful admittedly). I don't understand why if the program pains people so much to watch it, why they bother downloading it in the first place?

does it give a reason for not working? tried support forums?

It's not that it doesn't work, it's just that blasted stuttering crap. I bought it on release day and haven't ever been able to play the bloody thing properly despite my PC being way over the recommended specs. Even so, I've bought extra RAM since and a new graphics card, tried installing the game again and it was worse if anything. Couldn't tell you the amount of hours I've spent pissing around with settings and stuff, following weird and wonderful suggestions all over the internet, reinstalling everything etc.

I think Valve claim that the stuttering isn't there anymore but it's more likely that the people affected have just got so sick of it they've stopped complaining. To be honest, I think HL2 is probably the worst experience I've ever had with a game, which is well shit considering how long I'd been looking forward to it. And it's not like you can even sell it, either.

Christ, I still get angry about it even now :P

I don't think there's anything I can do mate, from what I've read it just seems to have problems almost at random. Certain combinations of hardware I assume. I remember at the time some of the people posting that they were getting stuttering had about the most expensive setups you could get whilst you had others with very low specs posting about how suprised they were that HL2 ran so well for them.

I'll probably get a completely new setup once Vista's been out for a while and try it again. If it doesn't work then I'll take a hammer to the bloody DVD and send it to Valve :P.

Speaking as an american citizen, America and canada's gaming coverage is shite in so many ways that I cannot find the words to describe it. When they scrapped the mag, PC Accelerator, I knew that the country was going to hell. If you've ever seen g4, you know what I mean. It's a bunch of slick, MTV VJ wannabes who think they have a handle on what's hip and they know nothing of gaming history , they just read a stupid press kit that they got from the developer and spit back every word of it, I doubt that they even bother playing the game except for the juicy footage that they need to enclose in their reviews.

1up's show was, like, you know, very, like, you know, pretentious, and like, you know, very, like, you know irritating, you know. Well, you know, I, like hate when , you know, people pretend to be, like speaking, you know, spontaniously, you know?

P.S. that aussie poof from the second episode made me want to stab him in the eye with a shard of a UMD

The whole "high-five, catch you later dude" type speak does my nut in, I have to physically stop myself from gnashing my desk with my teeth.

I wish the show would focus purely on the decent stuff, rather than waste time talking about some lame game..